Cobra Bio Cell Driver Review

Just to be clear, I wouldn't go so far as to say it's a low spin driver, but for me it was lower than anticipated. More on the lower side of a mid-spinner I guess?

I got what you meant broski. Just surprising to me that is is a lower spinning head then the original Amp Cell.

Cobra Bio Cell Driver Review

I got what you meant broski. Just surprising to me that is is a lower spinning head then the original Amp Cell.

That was a main goal of theirs from the start, they were adamant that they had attained lower spin with a better launch by getting the CG lower but not having to go forward.

They did it. It's a bomber, big jump on the AC I loved IMO. But It's all about what spin is needed.

That was a main goal of theirs from the start, they were adamant that they had attained lower spin with a better launch by getting the CG lower but not having to go forward.

They did it. It's a bomber, big jump on the AC I loved IMO. But It's all about what spin is needed.

I think a mid spin driver is right up my alley, and like it has been said, this will fit a ton of golfers.

Until green becomes available.

:alien:

Golf Galaxy had the green font forget....unless you are going to be a BOSS and spring for the Masters LE

Golf Galaxy had the green font forget....unless you are going to be a BOSS and spring for the Masters LE

I was thinking more along the lines of MC selection. :alien:

I do bleed green and white, that much is fact.

I was thinking more along the lines of MC selection. :alien:

I do bleed green and white, that much is fact.

Dude, just tell them it's for J effin MAN, they'll find the green one.

Nice review Hawk, I love the many options and settings these have, c'mon July!!

We have them hear in Canada at Nevada Bobs golf as well, so I'm sure it could be a custom order option.

Yup, a whole rack of green Bio Cells at the Nevada Bob's here!

This driver is just an extremely good fit for me, I lust making the Bio+ work for me for the MC and while I absolutely KNOW for a fact I can play that one and play it well, the profile of the Bio is just the better fit for me. With the Red-Tie in it I'm pretty much set, its one of the top 3 drivers I have hit from this years line without a doubt, really, top two to be honest. For me of course.

This driver is just an extremely good fit for me, I lust making the Bio+ work for me for the MC and while I absolutely KNOW for a fact I can play that one and play it well, the profile of the Bio is just the better fit for me. With the Red-Tie in it I'm pretty much set, its one of the top 3 drivers I have hit from this years line without a doubt, really, top two to be honest. For me of course.

i have not played a new driver in years, i always pick up a proven model from a few years ago, when i make the switch. This one has me very interested, and seeing the price now below 200.00 for new it could be the first time in a long time i pick up a "NEW" driver

i have not played a new driver in years, i always pick up a proven model from a few years ago, when i make the switch. This one has me very interested, and seeing the price now below 200.00 for new it could be the first time in a long time i pick up a "NEW" driver

AND, the stock shaft is really really good IMO. They did their job on that one extremely well this go around. I just know the numbers I get with the Red-Tie and Bio are really really good for me.

Is that stock shaft basically the same as the year before PxV? I just put one in my Amp cell to try and I'm really liking it. It's a 6.0.

I have been going back and forth between the Bio Cell and the +. I thought that I was settled on the + but once I set the Bio Cell to 12 degrees it just clicked. I'm 100 percent settled on the Bio Cell. The stock shaft works for me. The only thing I want to try is throwing my 6x3 white tie in there that I currently play in ZL Encore. As soon as I find a LH adapter it's in there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great day with this one yesterday, it and Bertha are neck and neck for me but this one is getting the nod leading into the MC for sure, time to get very acclimated. Will be moving a red tie into it soon as well as I imagine that will be the combo I go with.

just ordered one, took a chance, good price, 200.00 shipped new. Should have it early next week

I like everthing about the driver sound feel and it was the longest driver of the day in my demoing . I tried the BB, BB alpha , i25 , cobra bio , plus my g15 & k15 drivers.
For me the bb and Bio had the best numbers with the Bio longer by a few yards.
gb

Picking up my new Red Bio Cell Bomber tomorrow , tried to get Cobra to let me have a Lime green one but they were having none of it as its only on sale in the UK in American golf unfortunately my experiences with them have been poor and I have faith in my Pro ...I did a deal with my Pro and he gave me a brand new stiff shaft for my Amp Cell 3 wood as we decided I need an S rated shaft in my woods...so all in all a good day , just love the feel of the stock shaft :bananadance:

I don't think it would be possible for me to hit a driver better than I have hit this thing. It is ridiculously forgiving! I'm trying to wrangle a red tie out of the local distributor but not sure I can improve on the stock shaft (for me)

Jman, curious as if you have cut down the shaft yet? im thinking that a regular shaft cut down would play almost to a stiff..

I don't think it would be possible for me to hit a driver better than I have hit this thing. It is ridiculously forgiving! I'm trying to wrangle a red tie out of the local distributor but not sure I can improve on the stock shaft (for me)

How is the red tie differnt than the stock offering ? Is it a lower spin shaft ?
Thanks gb

Jman, curious as if you have cut down the shaft yet? im thinking that a regular shaft cut down would play almost to a stiff..

I'm playing the Chrome at 44.5 and the Red-Tie is set to play 45"

Back