Callaway Big Bertha Driver Review

You guys are in for a real treat. #BerthaLong treat!

Can't wait to get Bertha in my hands and see what she can do. The range session upcoming where we all get our drivers handed to us is going to be so cool. 10 guys having Christmas in April!

I can't wait to hear the thoughts of you 16 guys all playing Bertha on the same weekend. That's gonna be awesome.

This driver flat out transformed my tee game like no other. The distance is there, but I've never had the confidence I have with this driver off the tee.

Can't wait to see what you guys think next week.

Last edited:
Had my best day of the year with the Big Bertha. My playing partner Bubba yesterday, suggested I adjust my stance. Moved my back foot a couple inches forward and I stared to hit baby draws all day today. Tried it with my long irons and hit them good as well.

How is the push/pull forgivness of the BB? I know the SLDR is insane on push/pull forgivness but you will lose a lot of distance with off center shots with the SLDR.

I was struggling with push hits with the BB. But that really was from my swing. once I corrected my swing the ball just jumps off the face straight. Even those hit on the toe. A little loss of distance can be expected.
My new playing partners today really like the sound off this driver. Saying" Wow Ramond you really hit that solid" without looking at my ball flight.
Center face hits really sound fantastic. IMO

7 days until I unleash this bad boy. Cant wait.

I'm jealous dude, I can't wait to get my driver swing dialed back in. Want to give this one a run for sure.

I'm jealous dude, I can't wait to get my driver swing dialed back in. Want to give this one a run for sure.
Im hoping its good enough to kick the Amp Cell from my bag. Nothing I have tried over the past 9 months has been good enough to, but I sure as heck hope some more time with this one does the trick.

Im hoping its good enough to kick the Amp Cell from my bag. Nothing I have tried over the past 9 months has been good enough to, but I sure as heck hope some more time with this one does the trick.

I'm hoping it's not :)

This kicked the Amp Cell out of my bag. Originally the Bio Cell did, but this one blew that away for me. Forgiveness wise they are on par, but the distance gains could not be denied. More than anything I have confidence on the tee like I've never had.

Good luck and will be following to see how it works out.

I think you'll really like it when you hit one #BerthaLong. Even the sound is awesome!

I think you'll really like it when you hit one #BerthaLong. Even the sound is awesome!

I think the sound is addicting. Hard to describe, but love to hear it.

I think the sound is addicting. Hard to describe, but love to hear it.

How bout a crisp, cracking sound that turns heads at the range? Or the complete opposite of that ping, aluminum bat sound...yuck lol.

How bout a crisp, cracking sound that turns heads at the range? Or the complete opposite of that ping, aluminum bat sound...yuck lol.

I was thinking a nice muted "thwack" crossed with a little ping for good measure. Not too loud, but just right.

You mean you dont like the sound of Nike drivers?

I was thinking a nice muted "thwack" crossed with a little ping for good measure. Not too loud, but just right.

Good one. Definitely not loud.

Coming from using the Amp Cell, there's a ton of thud to this driver, IMO. At first it sounded odd to me, but now, having also gotten used to a proper Cleveland fairway wood, I like the more muted note.

One thing I do remember about this driver, is that with the stock shaft and grip, a well-struck shot feels amazing. Feels like a practice swing. The first time I put one on the screws at the range, I would have thought I whiffed if not for the sound of impact. That sort of non-feeling through impact is what'll keep you coming back.

This kicked the Amp Cell out of my bag. Originally the Bio Cell did, but this one blew that away for me. Forgiveness wise they are on par, but the distance gains could not be denied. More than anything I have confidence on the tee like I've never had.

Good luck and will be following to see how it works out.

I'm def gonna have to try this driver now. Amp Cell has been great for me. Is urs the alpha or regular?

I spent an hour dialing this in today. I have my settings now I need a mid/high launching shaft. I'm on he lower end of mid and I am not getting a ton of hang time. If i can put some air under this combined with the straightness I am seeing, it will be a world beater.

It replaced my amp cell in my bag. And you know from the amp cell thread how much I LOVED the amp cell and kusala combo. The BB is just as forgiving...with authoritative sound and more distance. And the deep navy crown/head in the sunlight....WOW. #stunning

Your amp cell is in danger...

I'm def gonna have to try this driver now. Amp Cell has been great for me. Is urs the alpha or regular?

Regular with stock shaft. I thought I was going to have to tinker and find a shaft (actually bought a Red Tie) but no need. Stock Fubuki is nice.

Regular with stock shaft. I thought I was going to have to tinker and find a shaft (actually bought a Red Tie) but no need. Stock Fubuki is nice.

Nice to hear you like the stock regular. That's what my order is for #theking. The few times I've swung it at golf stores and at demo days it's felt pretty good.

I spent an hour dialing this in today. I have my settings now I need a mid/high launching shaft. I'm on he lower end of mid and I am not getting a ton of hang time. If i can put some air under this combined with the straightness I am seeing, it will be a world beater.

I'm jealous. :crying: I know I will need some help getting mine set up in Florida. I hope we are allowed to pop on a mid size grip before play. I have pretty large hands and a regular grip feels like a pencil. I prefer 44.5 for my length too.

Maybe a White Tie or Aldila Tour Blue? Also from what I read the new UST Chrome Element that Jman is reviewing might fit the bill.

Back