Germerican

AngryYankee
Reaction score
Handicap
23.8 USGA
We all know what a mulligan is, but what about NULLigans? Read an article last night about this new creation and it perked my interest and would make for a fun outing with some buddies.
A nulligan is basically the opposite of a mulligan. Instead of making a bad shot and redoing it, you make a good shot and your partner can call nulligan just to null the shot and you have to rehit. One of my friends likes to try the Hollywood shot and sometimes makes it. So let's say he threads a needle and pops one close to the green. I call nulligan and he has to rehit the ball.
However, just like mulligans, there have to be limits. The article mentioned that the higher handicaps can have more nulligan calls against lower caps and lower caps have fewer than higher caps.
Figured that this would be a fun way to play and perhaps have some side bets. Punched it low below branches to get out of trouble? $5 say you can't do it again, "NULLIGAN!"

my good shots are pretty few and far between, telling me I have to rehit one of those is going to piss me off

I watched something about how Jim Furyk would have this happen to him when playing with his buddies. He talked about in his fun rounds with friends they can make him hit shots over again.

Very cool! We do something quite like this in a league I play in. We also do a format of a scramble where the opposing two-some gets to select the ball they play.

my good shots are pretty few and far between, telling me I have to rehit one of those is going to piss me off

I'm the same way! But it could be a fun game as long as you have limits set. I guess if you allow a mulligan, what's wrong with a nulligan? hahahaha

I'll pull this out on a buddy of mine that insists on taking one mulligan per 9, lol.

Can I use a mulligan after a nulligan? :::::mind blown::::::

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This has potential. A fun round with friends and this could make for a fun round.

If anyone tells me to re hit my rarely good shot, I'd have to tell them to stuff it lol

This would be really fun as a ball busting type of game haha. Get a foursome out who likes to get on each other and this could be a blast.

As fun as this sounds from a ball-busting standpoint, I'm not sure I see the point of making this stupid game any harder.

It would be an interesting game, I see they incorporate handicaps with it as well. Say I am a 15 and my buddy is an 11, I get 4 nulligans for the round. They also mentioned going 6 and 2 in the same scenrio so both players have a nulligans to use. You might have to adjust that down, those four strokes are not the same as four nulligans.

I love this. I play with a bunch of guys who will give one mulligan a round so this would be cool to use.

This cracked me up. Mainly because it holds true for me as well.

If I stick one close and someone called a nulligan I would drop kick them.

I like the idea.

Knowing how hard it is for me to get a great shot off, I am not sure I could bring myself to nullify a great shot of my friends. Would feel too guilty the rest of the round. If one of my friends was a pro, I would use them all the time though. ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think this would be a fun addition to a money game. The better the shot, the more they have to pay you to rehit it. More strategy comes into play on whether to let a good shot stand and risk losing overall or pay to null a good shot to hope to win the overall purse. That being said, this will certainly slow down play.

As fun as this sounds from a ball-busting standpoint, I'm not sure I see the point of making this stupid game any harder.

Every good shot you hit, nulligan. Practice till you can do it right.

Captains order

Every good shot you hit, nulligan. Practice till you can do it right.

Captains order

MWard... King of the ball busters?

Back