Cleveland Smart Sole Wedges

another nice day with the S wedge....50 yard pitch to 5 feet for par on the 2nd hole...and it worked like that all day long.

another nice day with the S wedge....50 yard pitch to 5 feet for par on the 2nd hole...and it worked like that all day long.

Pretty cool man! What do you think of the S on full shots?

I really cant remember the last time I hit a full shot with a lob wedge....about 3/4 is the most I ever go.

I just fell like I control distances better that way.....and on 3/4 shots the S responds very well

I'm excited about putting in some time on our par three layout with the S wedge !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really good as long as you don't try to over hit it just a nice easy swing. I was having so much sucess with it I started trying to use it from further out than 70 meters and I found that when I tried to hit the ball hard I lost accuracy.

I really cant remember the last time I hit a full shot with a lob wedge....about 3/4 is the most I ever go.

I just fell like I control distances better that way.....and on 3/4 shots the S responds very well

I can understand that, never had much luck with that in the past. As a matter of fact I've never had a lob wedge that stayed in the bag for long. This one is different though. It's funny because the courses aren't open here yet, and pretty much all I have hit with this are full shots. I find it pretty easy to hit full shots with the S sole. I'm hoping that soon I can see what it will do on partial shots. lol

Really good as long as you don't try to over hit it just a nice easy swing. I was having so much sucess with it I started trying to use it from further out than 70 meters and I found that when I tried to hit the ball hard I lost accuracy.

I would think hitting a 58 degree that far would be pushing it's limit?

You're right a smooth swing is all that is required. I've never had a high lofted wedge that I could hit full shots so consistently.

I would think hitting a 58 degree that far would be pushing it's limit

Had to do some conversion lol, but I find it really easy to hit this around 85 - 90.

I would think hitting a 58 degree that far would be pushing it's limit

I thought I would need my sand wedge which is 54* that I hit 70 meters and this would replace my 59* lob wedge that I hit 60 meters. But I go from my 49* gap wedge that I hit 80 meters straight to the Smart Sole S.

I thought I would need my sand wedge which is 54* that I hit 70 meters and this would replace my 59* lob wedge that I hit 60 meters. But I go from my 49* gap wedge that I hit 80 meters straight to the Smart Sole S.

That is impressive right there?. I really wish they would make a gap wedge in the smart sole.

Hit the S sole off the turf today finally, really enjoyed it. I'm still very impressed with how easy this club is to hit. Full shots, no problem. Partial shots, right on line but short. That's the same problem I have with any lob wedge really. I'm going to have to work hard this year to get a feel for how hard to hit it to get the desired distance because it really puts the brakes on hard upon landing.

Do it, I have holed out more chips in the last few months than I have in the last five years.
I got a chance to play around with the C wedge today at Golf Galaxy on the practice green. I was holing out nearly every ball! This thing is ridiculously easy to use. I've already got the S wedge in the bag now. Seriously pondering the C wedge too...

Went back out, and hit some shots with the S around the practice green. Man am I happy I didn't pass on this club! Point and shoot is a phrase that thrown out a lot, but with the S sole that's not an exaggeration. Found it very easy to hit every shot that I can hit with with any other wedge, only better. I hit bump n runs, punches, pitches, flop n stop, you name it. I mean you can't open the face as much as a blade wedge, but at 58* I don't really need to open it all that much. High lobs land like a bean bag on the green. Here I was concerned about versatility around the green, only to find that's totally not the case.

Cleveland Smart Sole Wedges

Went back out, and hit some shots with the S around the practice green. Man am I happy I didn't pass on this club! Point and shoot is a phrase that thrown out a lot, but with the S sole that's not an exaggeration. Found it very easy to hit every shot that I can hit with with any other wedge, only better. I hit bump n runs, punches, pitches, flop n stop, you name it. I mean you can't open the face as much as a blade wedge, but at 58* I don't really need to open it all that much. High lobs land like a bean bag on the green. Here I was concerned about versatility around the green, only to find that's totally not the case.

I'm pumped to get this on the practice range! After picking one up in Athens tonight, I had a mid sized grip put on. Sunday afternoon I will be putting a couple hours of green side practice with it. Monday & Tuesday will be 50 yards in wedge practice. By the time I leave for Florida Wednesday we will be long time friends ?

I was able to hit both of these wedges today at a demo day. The C-wedge was only good for chipping for me and I feel the 42* niblick is a much better choice and much more versatile for me. The S-wedge was a different story, it is much better for me than the 56* niblick and as good as any sand wedge I have used. Just thought I would give my experience with these two clubs.

I was able to hit both of these wedges today at a demo day. The C-wedge was only good for chipping for me and I feel the 42* niblick is a much better choice and much more versatile for me. The S-wedge was a different story, it is much better for me than the 56* niblick and as good as any sand wedge I have used. Just thought I would give my experience with these two clubs.

Good stuff Maj ? I have both the Niblick and the C wedge now. I'm looking forward to some long term comparison between the two.

I played my first 9 of the season today and the Smart sole S stole the show. My driver did too actually, but that's for another thread. With the way I was playing it didn't really matter, but It saved me at least three strokes for sure. The best was on #2, 290 yd par4 with a lateral water hazard most of the way down the right. My tee shot found the hazard and I had to drop well back, leaving 80 to the pin. I was going to hit a partial D, but figured what the heck. I the the S a little too far and it appeared to just stop dead on the back quarter of the green. When I got up there I found that it had actually came back 5'. Made the par putt. That shot gave me the confidence to just throw it at the hole and expect it to stop, which it did. I hit two other shots with it today from 30yds and then 50, both I flew a little past the hole, but they checked within a few feet. Granted the greens were pretty soft today, but I'm thrilled with the club. I still need to get the distance down because it might not stop so quick when they are a little firmer, but this was just really solid today.

I put the "S" smartsole wedge to a practice run today.

Chipping around the green was ridiculously fun. I found myself hitting some cute little punch and check shots.

From the range I was hitting towering 5o yard shots. If I put the ball way back in my stance I could smack it another 20 yards on a lower and tighter trajectory. Really cool option here with a 58 degree wedge.

It's really cute when you do the little toe down shot and watch how quick the breaks come on! :bulgy-eyes: This should work really well on those pesky down hill chips.

I went out in the field in front of my house and hit about 100 or so full shots with this thing and truthly it has me smiling.. Large bunkers will be flown in Florida :bomb:

Good stuff OG! It really is fun to hit. The smart sole saved par for me a couple times today.

These clubs saved my ass yet again. My confidence with the C is sky high. Twice I used it from longer range (75-100) and got it to within 10 feet. Almost holed two shots today including what would have been my first ever eagle. On shorter courses I can turn holes into driver-smart soles and par or better is a high percentage chance. Love them.

These clubs saved my ass yet again. My confidence with the C is sky high. Twice I used it from longer range (75-100) and got it to within 10 feet. Almost holed two shots today including what would have been my first ever eagle. On shorter courses I can turn holes into driver-smart soles and par or better is a high percentage chance. Love them.
What kind of swing are you putting on the C with a 75-100 yard shot? At 42 degrees, it can't be a full swing, right? I'm genuinely curious, because I have yet to venture outside of my comfort zone of chips with the C....

1/2 to 3/4 swings. 3/4 swing gets me to about 95y in the air. Ball comes out like a high punch shot and lands with rollout. That rollout was an issue on one hole today where I was 64y out and almost holed it out on the fly, but then it rolled by to the back of the green. You have to take the rollout into account and have a place you can land it and get safe rollout, otherwise the S is a better choice from that distance.

I set up with the ball a club head width in front of my back foot, and I keep my feet pretty close.

I'll practice this shot about 5-10 times in a range session usually.

I had two sand saves with the S wedge playing with DawgDaddy & Lefty78. Up and down out of the green side traps seem to be pretty sweet with this club :thumb:

I had two sand saves with the S wedge playing with DawgDaddy & Lefty78. Up and down out of the green side traps seem to be pretty sweet with this club :thumb:

I was impressed with your green side bunker play for sure. I wish I had given it a try, next time for sure. I know you will do well with it this week end, good luck buddy.

I was impressed with your green side bunker play for sure. I wish I had given it a try, next time for sure. I know you will do well with it this week end, good luck buddy.

Thank ya good buddy!

Back