#TheKing w/ Callaway Golf - Final Rosters

Dang Jimmy, you're already down there tuning up the arse whupping machine! :bomb: :bananadance:

Down with my family. The king happened to coincide with our family vacation.

Welcome to Florida, Jimmy!

Spent today playing golf since 8am.
Woke up early and hit the short game area. Then played 9 holes and shot a smooth 38.
Drove out to a super tough track that puts an emphasis on accuracy, has obscene elevation changes absolutely everywhere, and has multiple blind shots. We played it from 6500 yards and I am thrilled with how I played it. My course management was right where I need it and I was hitting irons as good as I ever have.
I had 4 3-putts due to greens with just silly amounts of slope to them and dirty pin placements, but I do need to get my putter hot again.

Bring on #TheKing!

Woke up early and hit the short game area. Then played 9 holes and shot a smooth 38.
Drove out to a super tough track that puts an emphasis on accuracy, has obscene elevation changes absolutely everywhere, and has multiple blind shots. We played it from 6500 yards and I am thrilled with how I played it. My course management was right where I need it and I was hitting irons as good as I ever have.
I had 4 3-putts due to greens with just silly amounts of slope to them and dirty pin placements, but I do need to get my putter hot again.

Bring on #TheKing!

Way to get the work in Curtis. Sounds like you are coming in with good form!

Bring on #TheKing!
Hard work will pay off dude!

1 week till Sunday Singles. 1 week till a King is crowned. 6 days left to get your work in gents!

I got in 18 yesterday and playing 18 more today. Range work on schedule for tomorrow night. Lesson and more range work Tuesday. Then practice rounds on the Championsgate courses Thursday and Friday before we get this shindig started! I'm ready!

As I believe this was the event that was to take place of the Morgan Cup, I fully expect this to be beyond epic!

I very much look forward to following along!

That is a seriously massive par 5. Probably a 4-shot hole for Team Chad.

As with most super long par 5's I think the 2nd shot is the key.
yeah, with irons crisp and better than ever playing for par will right up your alley. Tap in birds for a few of on team Chad

I hope that's not a stream to the extreme left of the fairway. If so, there will need to be a bridge across that stream so that Ole Gray can get over there to look for his ball after hits that patented massive hook off the tee. Don't think about Grand Cypress off the first tee, buddy. HeeHee.

#ImStillWithHarry
no water on the hole buddy.

This is not even going to be close, Team Harry will dominate.
the only thing you guys will dominate is the buffet line at Golden Corral

1 week till Sunday Singles. 1 week till a King is crowned. 6 days left to get your work in gents!

I got in 18 yesterday and playing 18 more today. Range work on schedule for tomorrow night. Lesson and more range work Tuesday. Then practice rounds on the Championsgate courses Thursday and Friday before we get this shindig started! I'm ready!

Great prep work, Barry. Chad's boys won't know what hit them!

#ImStillWithHarry

Keep working Barry. Can't wait to see your play next weekend.

Less than hang one week, guys. I'm excited!

#ImWithHarry

Let's get these finished since it is HERE! New #15, looks fun.

35438234-B1F1-44FA-A045-FA2A7AA49A01.gif

Can you say Accuracy?

New #16. More accuracy needed off tee and on approach. Depending on tee box the big dog could rest here.

14ECF1BB-672F-44AB-9037-D20B56C3CEFB.gif

yeah, with irons crisp and better than ever playing for par will right up your alley. Tap in birds for a few of on team Chad

Anyone who can reach that par 5 in two from either of the back sets of tees will need a tap-in bird just to half the hole haha.

Let's get these finished since it is HERE! New #15, looks fun.

35438234-B1F1-44FA-A045-FA2A7AA49A01.gif

Can you say Accuracy?

The large tree the guards the front right of the green seems to move no matter what you hit. It's short if the green and 3/4 of the way around it is a waste bunker that sits 3' below he surface of the green. Do not take dead aim at the flag. Find you yardage to the middle of the green and hit. If you try to get cute off the tee, 5 is an automatic. No drop area on this hole.

Anyone who can reach that par 5 in two from either of the back sets of tees will need a tap-in bird just to half the hole haha.

Its harder to layup in this hole then it is to get after it in two with a good yardage off the tee. I expect par to play well here maybe even bogie

Bring on #TheKing!

Nice work! Today I've got a round at a tough links style layout. I'm going to challenge myself and play the tees at 6690 on the card. That's definitely out of my comfort zone, and the next set of tees up is 5900 yards.

Time to step up the friendly trash talk :)

I might be anxious.
za8yby4a.jpg

Just got off the range. Full swing is rusty rusty. Yuck!

Great short game session. The work put in when I wasn't healthy enough to swing full looks like it is paying dividends.

Tomorrow my buddies DawgDaddy & Lefty78 are coming to Lane Creek for my last match play tune up before heading to Florida. Both of these guys are single digit handicappers and I'm probably gonna get my arse kicked to the woodshed. :beat-up: Anyways I'm taking both on in singles match play style to prep for what's coming next Sunday. We don't use handicaps so it's all straight up type play.

I might be anxious.
za8yby4a.jpg

Same here my man. Been getting some packing done, as well as getting a bunch of stuff done around the house. You can't go away and leave a house sitter with 20 some dogs, without some prep work.

I was hoping we would have open courses, but just not the case. The one cow pasture that is open is an absolute swamp. Hit the driving range there yesterday with so so results, hitting off of concrete like mats. I'm so looking forward to real golf, off of green grass. Less than a week away.

THP #theking #imwithchad

Just caught up on yesterday's and today's trash talk...sounds like everybody is at least as stoked as I am! Man I can't wait to tee it up with all you boys, even the future losers of Team Harry :D

I had a rough round yesterday just like TUT (don't feel too bad man!), so I got out for some much needed practice today, and I'm happy to report that my driver and fairway wood swing has returned from the break it took yesterday. Had a solid range session and was able to work the ball both ways with ease with the longer clubs, and my wedge play was on point. All the bad swings got out my system yesterday, so all the good ones are ready for use smashing Team Harry in a few days :thumb:

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

I have one last tuneup before Thursdays round at Championsgate. This week is going to go by fast. Hope you guys are ready!

I have one last tuneup before Thursdays round at Championsgate. This week is going to go by fast. Hope you guys are ready!

I'm ready as a hawg :pig: in a corn bin buddy! :bomb:

Back