THP TV - Bridgestone True Balance Putters

This putter feels like nothing else I've tried. I was about to pickup a Spider Blade with my store credit and then saw some yellow grips and went try it.

You naturally grip the putter very lightly...I should say EXTREMELY lightly. The backswing and forward swing is so effortless when you're this light handed. You feel exactly where the club head is and it's easy to be smooth.

The insert face has grooves like the TM putters and it puts a nice roll on he ball quickly. A little forward press and it just rolls. It's a firmer feel than the a White Hot and maybe a little firmer than the Spider Blade.

I worry how well the EVA foam grip will hold up since my bag is so tiny.

The headcover is gorgeous like the other Bstone products and I can't wait to get out on the course with it!

jyna7ype.jpg

Here's how low the weight is on it.

This putter feels like nothing else I've tried. I was about to pickup a Spider Blade with my store credit and then saw some yellow grips and went try it.

You naturally grip the putter very lightly...I should say EXTREMELY lightly. The backswing and forward swing is so effortless when you're this light handed. You feel exactly where the club head is and it's easy to be smooth.

The insert face has grooves like the TM putters and it puts a nice roll on he ball quickly. A little forward press and it just rolls. It's a firmer feel than the a White Hot and maybe a little firmer than the Spider Blade.

The headcover is gorgeous like the other Bstone products and I can't wait to get out on the course with it!

jyna7ype.jpg

Nice!

you will like it out on the course too! Just trust that light grip you mentioned and the line. Loving mine for sure.

How well do you think the grip will hold up? Roger Dunn wasn't sure how to handle replacements yet.

For those that haven't held one the grip is like a super thin swimming pool noodle.

Here's how low the weight is on it.

I love seeing these things stand up on their own! Instead of leaving it on the side of the green while pitching, I'd do this instead!

I think I'm going to pick one if these up when I get home. Just love the look and feel.

jyna7ype.jpg

One of the best looking putter headcovers ever made.

I think I'm going to pick one if these up when I get home. Just love the look and feel.
I'm looking at these pics and thinking the same thing. I know the grip is going to take some getting used to.

I'm looking at these pics and thinking the same thing. I know the grip is going to take some getting used to.

Putting is such a feel facet to the game. I believe in the specs and thought process of the technology Bridgestone went for with this.

Maybe I bring a spot light for us to practice with on Friday night.

Putting is such a feel facet to the game. I believe in the specs and thought process of the technology Bridgestone went for with this.

Maybe I bring a spot light for us to practice with on Friday night.
Because of the make up of the putter I imagine the feel will take some time. But since that is the only factor that will be different, once it's down I think the production will be good.

How well do you think the grip will hold up? Roger Dunn wasn't sure how to handle replacements yet.

For those that haven't held one the grip is like a super thin swimming pool noodle.

I really think it will be fine. A couple of things I have noticed. When I walk up to the green and lay it down, it picks up the dormant grass shavings on the grip. It's almost like static electricity. A quick swipe with the towel and its gone. Now when I go up, I just put a towel around the grip or lay it on a towel.....no biggie.

The grip has performed well in and out of the bag. It catches almost every time coming out of the bag and there is no cracking or chipping of the grip....good as new. I haven't cleaned the grip yet, but I would suppose warm soapy water or something like 409 would be fine. It has stayed remarkably clean.

JM

I don't know that buying one of these is in the cards before the MC, but I know what I'm going to be doing on July 25th. I'm sure I won't be the only Bridgestone staffer wearing out the practice green with one of these.

I don't know that buying one of these is in the cards before the MC, but I know what I'm going to be doing on July 25th. I'm sure I won't be the only Bridgestone staffer wearing out the practice green with one of these.

For sure. All of us will be rolling this for a long time

jyna7ype.jpg

That looks great! I can't wait to get mine and see how it rolls, a buddy of mine got one and says it's the best putter he's rolled!

I just went to practice and I've never rolled it so well and close to the hole. Usually I'll have 1-2' gap between two practice balls but this time they were touching a few times. The last 25' putt I attempted I died it in and that's enough for one day.

The face grooves really get the ball tracking quickly and you hear it rolling right away. I'm sold on grooved faces like this.

Dave Stockton's Unconscious Putting should be packaged with this putter!

I like the 2 grip sizes on these, I'm pretty sure I'd go for the smaller one but ya never know. Dan I'll post results lol, could be pretty good bubba, could be pretty ugly too though lol.

Last edited:
The PGA SS nearby finally had this putter in store. I putt with it for a while and was not feeling it. I prefer the grip has a little bit more feel (maybe heavier is the right word). The grip is too light. Another interesting observation is that I cannot balance this putter standing alone. Weird.

There were a lot of interests in this putter though. Many people tried it.

Got to roll this tonight.

Liked what I felt, head feels fantastic in hand.

O.k., that was the larger of the two and the one I have. Was just wondering. Wanna get my hands on one of the smaller ones to compare.

JM

Ill be honest, it feels really odd coming off of the face. Haven't felt an insert like this before, unless its a product of the shaft or grip.

Ill be honest, it feels really odd coming off of the face. Haven't felt an insert like this before, unless its a product of the shaft or grip.

Is it jumpy?

Is it jumpy?

That would be a good way to describe it. It also need to be hit pretty flush , the difference in feel is very noticeable.

Back