Best Shot Of Your Round

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hit a cut 3 wood on a par 5 to 3 feet and made the putt for eagle.

I envisioned the shot exactly how it ended up. Started just left of the green, nice low ball flight that arched upwards and spun nicely left to right on the green. Took the front right bunker out of play.

Weird part was, I wasn't even excited. It almost felt like I was expecting it and anything less would have been a disappointment...

Par3.. 175yds.1.5-2 club wind into face.. 5 iron to about 10' .. Made putt for nice birdie.. Followed w/ screaming duck hook double.. What we call an ABSU ( after birdie screw up)!!

Number 17. Petty long for me par 3. Pushed hybrid and missed green by 15 - 20 yards short and right. Had been doing really well all day with my SW. Pulled it and trusted the shot. One bounce in the fringe and rolled up to tap in. BIG confidence builder.

JM

Best Shot Of Your Round

I was waved through by a foursome on a hole with an island green. I was 147 yards out with a slight breeze in my face, and dropped a 6 iron right next to the pin. It rolled out to around 12 feet, and I missed the birdie putt, but it was a great shot with the cameras on!

Yesterday on #18.
In the greenside marshy hazard with high grass and reeds but no water to an elevated green and could only see the top of the flag.
I hit a blast 56* wedge to 4 feet. (made the par)

Bunkered on #5 with a questionable lie. Blast out and hole the shot for birdie. 3rd holed bunker shot in as many rounds. Now if I could hit some greens, I might be able to birdie the conventional way.

After pulling my drive I was on a severe side hill with the ball nearly waist high. I was about 140 yards out and had to choke up significantly on my 8i with hopes of getting near the back pin. I hit a low runner and found myself pin high with a fast 12 footer. Made the putt for a stolen birdie.

To start with, it was probably not the best shot of my round but it was a solid strike with an "a-ha" moment afterwards.
I had about 185 left to the green. The group ahead of us was on the next tee-box which was about 150 and a little left of the green.
I was nervous about hitting it toward them so I aimed well right. Clubbed up to a 4 iron to make sure if I did hit it at them it would go over their heads. I ended up hitting one of the nicest irons I've ever hit, nice right-to-left draw into the green and rolled off the back about 200 yards. I need to "bottle" that swing :)

Maybe not best, but most rewarding. I'm just learning to move the ball around, and I had a poor drive on a par 5. Luckily wound up in the fairway - nice lie. Right side of fairway, large tree on the right, sticking into fairway about 120 yards forward. Needed to get as much length as possible, so I pulled the 18° hybrid ... set up with a fade stance, opened club face, and swung out to in. Caught it PURE. Result was the MOST GLORIOIUS CUT I'VE EVER SEEN - it faded about 25 yards, started left, curved right around the tree & would up around 200 yards smack in the center of the fairway.

No doubt, the most rewarding shot I've hit in my 3 years of playing - to purposefully hit a big curve (ok ok practically a SLICE) like that around an obstacle - pure awesome.

Short par 4: 285 to the pin from the tee. There was about a 5-10 mph breeze directly at our backs. Decided to go for it, pulled a 3-wood, and hit a perfect 5 yard draw that one hopped onto the green and settled 25ft from the cup for an eagle putt. It was the furthest away I've ever managed to hit a green from, and it was only the second time I've ever had an eagle putt. Unfortunately it went just as well as the first time, and I left with a par :banghead:.

Short par 4: 285 to the pin from the tee. There was about a 5-10 mph breeze directly at our backs. Decided to go for it, pulled a 3-wood, and hit a perfect 5 yard draw that one hopped onto the green and settled 25ft from the cup for an eagle putt. It was the furthest away I've ever managed to hit a green from, and it was only the second time I've ever had an eagle putt. Unfortunately it went just as well as the first time, and I left with a par :banghead:.

Damn dude, that's a hell of a shot, very nice!

18th hole...long par 4...464 Yards with a 20 mph cross wind, had 203 to the pin and decided to try and hit a draw with my 4 hybrid and ride the wind a little.

Perfectly struck, high ball with a 5 yard draw...landed on the front edge and released to the flag...stopped 18 inches away for a tap in birdie!

First hole I played today was a downhill par-5. Drive leaked a little right, so I had to lay up to about 60 yards. Downhill lie, pin was just over the bunker with not much green to work with. Opened the face up on my 60* wedge and hit a flop shot that landed just on the other side of the bunker and rolled down to about 6'. Made the putt for birdie, too. Nice start to the round.

Par 3 145y. I hit a bad shot that leaked right, hit the gravel cart path and bounced straight right away from the green. I was pin high but a good 15y from the green. The green was a crescent shape with the top of the hill in the center and severe slope going both ways. The pin was on the side of the green opposite of me, with downhill and sidehill to deal with. The green was also a good 10 feet elevated from my ball position. So I had to get it on the green, get it over the ridge on the green and get it to go down the other side and hopefully get it to stop on the side of the green the hole was on to at least give me some chance at a par putt.

I took out my C wedge, and hit a perfect shot. I landed it about a foot onto the green by my estimation (could not see it). I saw it roll over the ridge, and it just got better from there. It stopped less than a foot from the hole. I couldn't see most of the shot, but my playing partners were whooping it up and let me know just how good it was.

Two candidates today. 2nd shot on a par 5. 281 lasered to the pin up hill. Crushed 3w to just on the front edge of green (about 270) too bad I three putt for par. Second on par 5 9th hole. Drive pulled left, 9 I to get back in play, 133 to pin into the wind. Choked down on pw a bit and put a smooth swing and dropped 1 ft right of pin and stuck. Tapped that in for my only birdy of the day

I have been thinking about my round on Sunday and nothing really sticks out. But I did think of 2 moments.

1.) Missed the green with my approach and had a tricky chip. I put it 15 ft pass the cup and made the putt for par. I had 6 pars in a row going so it was big.

2.) I hit a good drive on a par 5 and had 210 left. This is a green light for me 99% of the time. But something just didnt feel right. There were bunkers surrounding the green and OB left. After putting the hybrid back I took a little trash talk from my partner and hit 7 iron. I then proceed to hit a great layup and put the pitch shot within 6 feet.

Funny thing was after I hit the layup (the course was dead) my buddy said drop and hit hybrid for fun, hooked it left OB. Lol made me feel good.

I would say that mine was a downhill chip from 30yds where i played the ball to die in the fringe and trickle the last 35 feet to just below the hole. Five feet for birdie. Made par.

After a great drive on the par 5 3rd I pulled 4i and hit my approach just off the green to the right. Led to an easy up and down for birdie.
May not sound like much but this was a shot that hasn't been in my bag for awhile so it put a massive smile on my face.

Did not hit any really nice ones yesterday but on the first hole I got a hold a bomb of a drive. 300 yards dead straight. Love my new Bio cell + driver!

2nd Par 5 of the day, hit into right rough off the tee, had to a hit a low hybrid to the fairway for a 108 yd approach to the green. 15-20 mph wind in my face so I choked down an inch and tried to pinch a GW. Caught it perfect, low with some spin, bounced forward once then stopped about 5ft from the cup. Even made the birdie!

2 from yesterday

Was 200 out from the rough with the ball above my feet by about 6 inches. Pulled out my AMP Cell 3 hybrid and hit a bullet that ran on the green.

8ehy8yqe.jpg

Par 3 tee shot.

me5yve6e.jpg

#DdecDarts

On 18 today, I had 78 yards to the flag into the wind hit a perfect 54° wedge to tap in range. It was a great way to end the round that had started to unravel.

186, bio cell 6i, 12 feet.

It was a holy hell moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back