Cobra Bio Cell+ Driver - Review Thread

Really?? Hmmm...haven't seen it in person but as the days go by the more bold I want to be.

It seems brighter and more metallic to me. Really sharp.

Cobra Bio Cell+ Driver - Review Thread

Man I wish they had a trade in bonus or something on this driver. I haven't posted much in here but I have been following along. I'm intrigued about it being longer than the AC. I need longer IMO. Plus the forgiveness factor on top of the distance, it's a no brainer. To top it all off it's got a great shaft in it that I've never had the privilege of hitting.

Amphibians can Tapatalk... Fear the Frog!

I'm having to get rid of the red tie. It's just too low of a ball flight and something just isn't right with it and my swing. I have to get the ball up higher.

Man I wish they had a trade in bonus or something on this driver. I haven't posted much in here but I have been following along. I'm intrigued about it being longer than the AC. I need longer IMO. Plus the forgiveness factor on top of the distance, it's a no brainer. To top it all off it's got a great shaft in it that I've never had the privilege of hitting.

Amphibians can Tapatalk... Fear the Frog!

Its a lot lower spinning than the AC, if thats what you need, then it could certainly help add distance.
I'm having to get rid of the red tie. It's just too low of a ball flight and something just isn't right with it and my swing. I have to get the ball up higher.

Hell just froze over.

Hell just froze over.
I have it cranked to 11 degrees and just can't get it high enough. Don't know if the spin now is too low or what but I'm putting some different shafts in it now to see what happens.

I have it cranked to 11 degrees and just can't get it high enough. Don't know if the spin now is too low or what but I'm putting some different shafts in it now to see what happens.

I literally just smiled, a lot.

It very well could be a little of both, what shafts are you thinking?

I literally just smiled, a lot.

It very well could be a little of both, what shafts are you thinking?
Don't smile....it's a problem!!!

The Oban black is going it it now. I had a ton of success with it in the Optiforce so hoping for the same results. Also have a Tour AD MT 7 that I'm going to try with it. I like this driver too much so just need to find the right combo for it.

Don't smile....it's a problem!!!

The Oban black is going it it now. I had a ton of success with it in the Optiforce so hoping for the same results. Also have a Tour AD MT 7 that I'm going to try with it. I like this driver too much so just need to find the right combo for it.

Cheap experiment, ProLaunch Blue w/ Speedcoat. High launch, mid spin.

and if you decide to get rid of that red tie... lemme know :)

I am totally in love with my women's Bio Cell driver. I've only had the opportunity to use it three times on the course since I bought it; but I can tell you from a very amateur golfer (less than a year playing)… it is awesome (especially in comparison to my first Top Flight driver). I also just bought the Amp Cell irons a few weeks ago and used them for the first time over this past weekend. Another amazing difference. I'm hooked on Cobra now. LOL. :)

Good and bad news. First the bad, no Bio Cell+ is going in the bag this year. Just didn't end up working out. Good news is that I will be putting a Cleveland Classic 7.5* (yes you read that right haha) with a Miyazaki Tour Issue X-Flex.

Not to review that driver in this thread, but I was surprisingly able to get it pretty high on a consistent basis and man is that thing long and the roll is fantastic. Still disappointed to not be able to game the Bio Cell+ this year but I still can't really complain

Good and bad news. First the bad, no Bio Cell+ is going in the bag this year. Just didn't end up working out. Good news is that I will be putting a Cleveland Classic 7.5* (yes you read that right haha) with a Miyazaki Tour Issue X-Flex.

Not to review that driver in this thread, but I was surprisingly able to get it pretty high on a consistent basis and man is that thing long and the roll is fantastic. Still disappointed to not be able to game the Bio Cell+ this year but I still can't really complain

I figured as an Adams staffer you'd be gaming their new hotness :). The few times I've had a chance to swing one it was really impressive. The pairing with the Red Tie is probably why though. I love that thing. I think that was a wise move on their part as well as Cobra's.

For me, the Bio+ is still the apple of my eye. Long and straight all day long, with the ability to work left or right at will... what else could a guy want from a driver? sux that the bio+ didn't work out for you. But at least you found something that does.

I figured as an Adams staffer you'd be gaming their new hotness :). The few times I've had a chance to swing one it was really impressive. The pairing with the Red Tie is probably why though. I love that thing. I think that was a wise move on their part as well as Cobra's.

For me, the Bio+ is still the apple of my eye. Long and straight all day long, with the ability to work left or right at will... what else could a guy want from a driver? sux that the bio+ didn't work out for you. But at least you found something that does.

Honestly just couldn't fit the driver in the budget haha. I do like the XTD and it may go in the bag at some point.

The Bio Cell+ though is amazing and may be purchased in the near future as well. Who knows where the season will lead

Finally got to hit this at my fitting which was last Monday , I had originally booked a fitting with a Cobra Rep on the Saturday but work called and so I had to cancel. However I had an hours lesson and swing assessment Monday and a fitting afterwards ...so I cannot say I wasn't warmed up . Also it was with the pro who has fitted me for my irons and 3 wood .
I swung both Bio cells and after a chat we decided that a S shaft is the way to go for me , he actually has a Bio Cell + himself and said he though it might be a little too unforgiving for me , well I made him eat his words ...well for three shots anyway. It is long when you nail it from the middle and I love the shaft BUT for me especially as my swing is a work in progress , it doesn't have the same element of forgiveness as the Bio cell. It is certainly lower spinning and a beautiful club , but on the day I could get away with more from the Bio Cell regarding dispersion and there was about 5-8 yard length difference in favour of the BIO Cell + but I could not refuse the forgiveness of the Bio Cell.

The pro was a good guy and price matched the club with internet retailers we have over here , and as a bonus gave me a brand new S shaft for my Amp Cell 3 wood free of charge as he said its what I need ....saved me some money so very happy Ranger:banana:

So a Red one is on order...but once my swing gets to a good consistency I will be revisiting this club....

Finally got to hit this at my fitting which was last Monday , I had originally booked a fitting with a Cobra Rep on the Saturday but work called and so I had to cancel. However I had an hours lesson and swing assessment Monday and a fitting afterwards ...so I cannot say I wasn't warmed up . Also it was with the pro who has fitted me for my irons and 3 wood .
I swung both Bio cells and after a chat we decided that a S shaft is the way to go for me , he actually has a Bio Cell + himself and said he though it might be a little too unforgiving for me , well I made him eat his words ...well for three shots anyway. It is long when you nail it from the middle and I love the shaft BUT for me especially as my swing is a work in progress , it doesn't have the same element of forgiveness as the Bio cell. It is certainly lower spinning and a beautiful club , but on the day I could get away with more from the Bio Cell regarding dispersion and there was about 5-8 yard length difference in favour of the BIO Cell + but I could not refuse the forgiveness of the Bio Cell.

The pro was a good guy and price matched the club with internet retailers we have over here , and as a bonus gave me a brand new S shaft for my Amp Cell 3 wood free of charge as he said its what I need ....saved me some money so very happy Ranger:banana:

So a Red one is on order...but once my swing gets to a good consistency I will be revisiting this club....

Congrats on the new driver and kudos for going with the one that fits you best.

Maybe I am repeating my self here. But this driver has elevated my game so far this year. My hcp has gone down 1,6 already and my ability to hit fairway is the big difference so far. The forgiveness of this driver for me is great, I just want to play more and more.

After some switching around and talking with reps I have an Orange BioCell+ on the way with an X-Flex Black Tie and orange grip. Got a chance to put this on the monitor today and was getting about 13.5 launch with 2000-2200 rpms and ball speed averaging around 152 with limited flight range balls. So happy I finally will be putting this in the bag

Ok....here we go!! Test time!

099F2983-CB51-43C6-9492-7868959999A6_zpsns7u6vxx.jpg

Background

Back at the THP event in Dallas on March, a few of us moseyed over to the new Golfsmith store as Ice Storm 2014 was occuring that Sunday. I hit a few drivers but was really hitting the Bio Cell really far and straight. Flash forward to a week later I was back in Golfsmith with BigTex and hit both the Bio Cell and the +. I really liked the 440 head so went with the + with the red tie. The next day I had a tournament and decided to use it not matter what. On the range I was hitting low bullets and was struggling to even say I was getting a mid ball flight. I had the balls teed high and the loft was set to 10.5. They were pretty ugly shots by anyones standard. That was my first "ah oh" moment.

The round wasn't as bad as the range actually but was still struggling to get even a mid ball flight. I took the Oban black out of my Optiforce and put it in the +. Next round was about the same maybe a little bit higher ball flight. But the thing that worried me the most was it almost looked like I was putting top spin on the ball, like a well hit top spin forehand in tennis. It would reach it's peak height very quickly and almost dive down after. Even the straight ones had that look. That was my second "ah oh" moment.

I put the + up after the 2nd round and went back to the Optiforce with a traded shaft I had received and wanted to try. So then JB and Jman replied about maybe trying the Grafalloy Pro Launch to see if it helped. I had tinkered with the Graffalloy blue line many years back so thought that might be a good test, so what the heck. Ordered the shaft, took it to the PGA store and got it back today. Interesting enough they only had the Bio Cell adaptor that still works with the + head but the lofts are a bit different. I didn't care as long as it worked!

The Test

So I took 5 balls with the Oban/+ combo to see if anything changed. Not much. Still very low/mid flight and a good 2-3 of them had the top spin effect during flight. Just what I remembered. Shaft change to the Pro Launch and was relieved to see the adaptor fit into the + head. I was set to hit 5 more balls. I ended up hitting 10 balls.

Yahtzee!!! The first few were much higher than the previous shafts which I was expecting and was hopeful for due to the shaft characteristics. Over cut the next few as my excitement level grew and I got a little loose. Height was still good, a solid medium with some on the med/high flight. Stayed back on the next 4-5, keeping the hips back and had the best ball flight and path with the + I've ever had. Now we are talking! No top spin flight, no low hooks or fades, but the ball flight I'm use to seeing. No yardage markers as I was hitting out of my backyard but they were flying.

Very excited to get this back out to continue to see but I think we're on to something here. The + is back in the bag! Thanks again guys for the recommendation. Amazing how a shaft can change the dynamics of a club and ball flight so much depending on the person.

#Boom.

It may not be a pricey shaft, but its damn good at what it does.

#Boom.

It may not be a pricey shaft, but its damn good at what it does.

That's why I have to laugh. I've got these $250 shafts that do nothing for me (in this particular head) and then the Prolaunch is giving me results like a $250 shaft! I just needed a shaft in this + that would give me way more loft than other drivers I've been playing. If this works then I'm sticking with it!

That's why I have to laugh. I've got these $250 shafts that do nothing for me (in this particular head) and then the Prolaunch is giving me results like a $250 shaft! I just needed a shaft in this + that would give me way more loft than other drivers I've been playing. If this works then I'm sticking with it!

I like it dude. Graphite shafts are a funny thing for us, here most of us know just enough to be dangerous but we all get hung up on the fanciest and most expensive, sometimes a tried and true workhorse is all that we need. I know I've been guilty of this myself many times.

I like it dude. Graphite shafts are a funny thing for us, here most of us know just enough to be dangerous but we all get hung up on the fanciest and most expensive, sometimes a tried and true workhorse is all that we need. I know I've been guilty of this myself many times.

It's a bit on the lighter side, being on the 55g side but it seemed to work and wasn't loosing them badly one way or the other.

I so enjoy hitting this driver with the stock and D+, and it does well for me. Seeing some numbers today verified that this could put it out there farther than the standard as well. I haven't given up on it, but am leaning towards it's more forgiving counterpart as I am not consistent enough yet. I'm hoping to get a chance at their newest addition to the line, but not holding my breath.

Back