Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have hit those irons. Nice evolution from the Z-Stars in my opinion.

Ahhhhhhhh. So sexy. Long and forgiving too - at least if you look at the specs and tech.

THP Japan trip in your near future? It's for...science right?

I have hit those irons. Nice evolution from the Z-Stars in my opinion.

and you were a huge fan of the z-stars IIRC

It isn't Friday, but after looking at some 588 RTX wedges yesterday, they are back on the ponder list.....considering dropping my set SW (52 degrees) and cheap 64 degree wedge and replacing them with new 52 and 56 degree wedges as the 64 has not been pulled out of the bag for a long time now - mainly down to better course management that doesn't leave me in places where it was very useful

Ponder is on for a few non club items. A push cart, range finder and a new pair of sunglasses are at the top of the list. The Oakley Vaults look pretty cool and I'm a big fan of the G30 lenses, so that could be a clincher. If someone has any suggestions of a pair that gives you similar vision with the G30's, I'm open to trying them out though. Cart wise and range finder wise, I have no clue what's good.

Consider me a Bolle convert. I had a pair of Fast Jackets and the Bolle Ransom is so much better. The lens is perfect for golf and they fit so nicely.

Consider me a Bolle convert. I had a pair of Fast Jackets and the Bolle Ransom is so much better. The lens is perfect for golf and they fit so nicely.

Thanks for the recc. I will see info can find some where to try them on.

Taps away

Ponder is on for a few non club items. A push cart, range finder and a new pair of sunglasses are at the top of the list. The Oakley Vaults look pretty cool and I'm a big fan of the G30 lenses, so that could be a clincher. If someone has any suggestions of a pair that gives you similar vision with the G30's, I'm open to trying them out though. Cart wise and range finder wise, I have no clue what's good.
I have the Clicgear 3.5+ and the Bushnell Tour Z6 Jolt. Nothing but happy with both. With my shaky hands, the Jolt feature is absolutely necessary for me.

Sunglasses are an interesting ponder for me. I also was thinking Oakley with the G30 lense, but Fupresti raves about the Bolle sunglasses. I'd own a pair of something if I could find more color options than black or white.

I have the Clicgear 3.5+ and the Bushnell Tour Z6 Jolt. Nothing but happy with both. With my shaky hands, the Jolt feature is absolutely necessary for me.

Sunglasses are an interesting ponder for me. I also was thinking Oakley with the G30 lense, but Fupresti raves about the Bolle sunglasses. I'd own a pair of something if I could find more color options than black or white.

Thanks for the info on the cart and range finder. I'll take a look at those and if everything looks good, they may be at my house by next week.

I think the G30 lenses are limited to the black and white frames, but then again I only know that for sure for the Fast Jacket XLJ's. I looked at Bolle's website and the Ransoms come in a lot of pretty cool colors. There appear to be a few places nearby that sell them, so I will check them out and see how the lenses compare to the G30's.

Pondering how the Big Bertha Alpha I just ordered will work for me now that (knock on wood) I seem to have resolved some of my tee box problems with a simple set up change. Worst case scenario, it's a 30 day rental for $6.95, so it feels a lot like a win-win right now.

Even more excited for the weekend now that I was already.

Pondering more forgiving irons. Probably will be a while till I make any kind of move (definitely after the King at least), but I'd like to pick up a cheaper set to experiment with, with the eventual goal of either creating a mixed set with my current irons or switching out entirely. I just really don't think I'm the level of ball striker necessary to use these on my off days.

Ideally, I'd be looking for something of the "crossover" type, that packs a solid amount of forgiveness into a more compact head, with a shaft a little lighter and softer than my current KBS Tour S, cause I'm fairly certain it's a little too much shaft for me.

Pondering switching to a Bridgestone ball, but the online fitting left me with a split decision!

8a6une8u.jpg

Pondering switching to a Bridgestone ball, but the online fitting left me with a split decision!

8a6une8u.jpg

What ball do you currently play?

I found z star xv to he very spinny... b330 will play similar but IMO less spin off the tee, and more durable. Bit firmer as well

Grips for the Altitudes.... Shoes.... a Neo XS.

Regripped the clubs this winter, seriously haven't even swung them with the new grips on..... and then I bought new irons.... perhaps the compressor needs a workout tomorrow.

I found z star xv to he very spinny... b330 will play similar but IMO less spin off the tee, and more durable. Bit firmer as well

Well the xv is the firmer of the Srixon premium balls. If the Bridgestone balls play a bit firmer perhaps I should look try to 330s

Well the xv is the firmer of the Srixon premium balls. If the Bridgestone balls play a bit firmer perhaps I should look try to 330s

B330 are perhaps the firmest premium ball. Dont get me wrong they are not "rock hard." The new hydro core technology allows for softer core and firmer outer mantle. Allowing for more ball speed but spins great on approach shots. With B-Fit splitting it down the line both ball should work well for you. May just come down to personal preference

I played the XV in 2012, switched to the B330S in 2013 and didn't have much of a problem making that switch. I think that you have a higher swing speed than me so you could play the B330, but I like the B330S for the short game spin.

Thanks for the feedback guys. Just looked to see if there were any live fittings around me but no such luck (they are all at private facilities)

5 wood and 21* hybrid

Cobra ponder time:

Bio Cell+ w/ Diamana D+
Bio Cell 5/7 w/ Stock shaft
Bio Cell 3/4H w/ Stock shaft
Bio Cell 4/5H w/ Stock shaft
Bio Cell or Bio Cell+ 6-GW w/ PXi's
Tour Trusty 52/56/60 w/ PXi's
SeeMore PTM1

I still have room for one more club. Thinking about an add'l wedge at the moment. Colors may be the most difficult choice.

Thanks for the feedback guys. Just looked to see if there were any live fittings around me but no such luck (they are all at private facilities)
I'm headed out for Bridgestone's ball fitting in my area Saturday (unless it rains, then Sunday). My first ball fitting, and I can't wait to see the results. There online tool is a good starting point, but actually going through the fitting with Bridgestone if you can make it happen is the way to go IMO.

Cobra ponder time:

Bio Cell+ w/ Diamana D+
SeeMore PTM1

I still have room for one more club. Thinking about an add'l wedge at the moment. Colors may be the most difficult choice.

Am I reading things wrong, or do you already have 14 clubs listed? 1 driver, 1 fairway, 2 hybrids, 6 irons in the set, 3 Tour Trusty wedges, and a putter.

On my end, I might be looking for a new driver soon. Making some changes to my driver setup has me hitting the ball really high with almost no rollout whatsoever. I'm eager to get on a launch monitor and see what the numbers are, and then see if I can find something better. Cobra Bio Cell+ and Ping i25 intrigue me, but for completely different reasons.

Cobra ponder time:

Bio Cell+ w/ Diamana D+
SeeMore PTM1

I like it. Not too different from what I submitted for you.

I'm headed out for Bridgestone's ball fitting in my area Saturday (unless it rains, then Sunday). My first ball fitting, and I can't wait to see the results. There online tool is a good starting point, but actually going through the fitting with Bridgestone if you can make it happen is the way to go IMO.

even if there is a some rain, go. Less people go when it rains or is cold. That just gets you more time with the reps.

Wilson Ci11's in chrome as a forgiving club experiment. Dirt cheap on TGW right now, plus I have a $25 discount thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back