3 Day Golf Trip w/ Friends - Where Would You Go?

Dr RosenRosen

Reaction score
Handicap
If you were planning a 3 day (i.e., at least 3 rounds) golf trip with your golf buddies and you could go anywhere in the continental U.S., where would you go and what courses would you play? Please take into account course proximity, greens fees, ability to get on the course, etc.

*This is YOUR dream golf trip, not suggestions for me, although I really appreciate the suggestions!

**Also, and as an aside, the posts below show how awesome the THP community is. Everyone suggesting great trips for me based on my location. Truly, THPers look out for each other. So glad I joined.

Last edited:
How much you looking to spend for 3 rounds?

BEAR TRAP

THP Event.
Without question. Frankly any one of them.

From your neck of the woods I would say the Bandon Dunes area would be a good fit

Can't really go wrong with Pawleys island, SC

True Blue, I have been wanting to set up a golf trip to SC realllllllly bad. Their golf packages are amazing sounding.

From your neck of the woods I would say the Bandon Dunes area would be a good fit

Bandon was my suggestion since you are in Seattle.

Other options I have done also being in the Seattle area are Pebble but way more $ than Bandon. I will also throw Cabo (I know you said CONUS) in the list since it is a quick cheap flight from SeaTac with some great golf.

Bandon Dunes, Monterey or Maui can't go wrong with any of them
Since you are on the WC flying to Maui might be the same price as flying to FL

Bandon FTMFW!!! Unless you're looking for economical, then you might want to look elsewhere. But it's still cheaper than most world class golf destinations.

And yeah, THP events rock. But if you're planning to go with non THP friends, that obviously won't be the best bet.

All in all, a three day trip to Pawley's Island to play True Blue and Caledonia would fit the bill.

If money was not an issue, I would think about Pebble, etc., or Bandon Dunes.

#Grandaddy

THE DOS

Bandon FTMFW!!! Unless you're looking for economical, then you might want to look elsewhere. But it's still cheaper than most world class golf destinations.

And yeah, THP events rock. But if you're planning to go with non THP friends, that obviously won't be the best bet.

Bandon Dunes, Monterey or Maui can't go wrong with any of them
Since you are on the WC flying to Maui might be the same price as flying to FL

Bandon was my suggestion since you are in Seattle.

Other options I have done also being in the Seattle area are Pebble but way more $ than Bandon. I will also throw Cabo (I know you said CONUS) in the list since it is a quick cheap flight from SeaTac with some great golf.

How much you looking to spend for 3 rounds?

BEAR TRAP

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. Please see the first post. I want to know what YOUR dream 3-day buddy golf trip would be.

I would minimize travel costs, and drive to Kohler. They have a package (or used to, anyway) with 1 round on the Straits course, 1 round on the River course (Blackwolf Run), and then choice of 3rd round on either the Irish course or Meadow Valley course (Blackwolf Run). I think there is unlimited replays, too, with some course limitations (guessing Straits).

EDIT: Considering a dream 3-day buddy trip might have some other considerations. As much as I love Hawaii, not good for a 3-day trip. I would still want to maximize the golf for 3 days, though. I would still have Kohler near the top, but would also include PGA West, since an early AM flight, out of Chicago, would still allow for a round or two on the same day.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. Please see the first post. I want to know what YOUR dream 3-day buddy golf trip would be.

Yup, I understood that. The #Grandaddy though would be pretty awesome, trip to the ECPC, playing an epic course that I would probably never get to play, hanging out with golf media gods and meeting some new THPers pretty awesome to me.

But if you make me choose one that is not that and if I can't say Bandon Dunes which is on my list of ultimate buddy trips.

I've done Myrtle even though there's more to do there, and if I have to factor in proximity, I can do it in three days (we did it before)

I would have to say the RTJ Trail in Alabama, I think that would be an epic golf vacation that can be pretty affordable and an airline flight away.

Bandon Dunes perhaps. Or if money wasn't an issue, I'd go out to Pebble. Play PB, Cypress Point, and Spyglass.

Bandon Dunes perhaps. Or if money wasn't an issue, I'd go out to Pebble. Play PB, Cypress Point, and Spyglass.

Nice! I like this idea, a lot.

If money was no object I would do Hawaii to play the Kapalua courses (bay, village, and plantation)

Bandon still, for me. I'm a links lover haha

Having been there earlier this year, it is a great place to golf. Easy to get in 36 holes in a day, and 4 great courses plus a 5th 13 hole par 3 course.

That said, next year I would like to go someplace warm (Palm Springs, San Diego, Scottsdale, Vegas etc) as the rain and wind beat me (and my poor golf game) to smithereens when I was there.

I would probably say the Monterey area, great courses in a beautiful setting.

Since I've done the guy trip to Bandon before I'm looking elsewhere for my dream trip.

Hmmm, I can't decide. If money is no object and we want a destination, maybe Cabo. If money is no object and we want to play special courses, maybe Monterey for Pebble Beach, etc.

If it's 3 days with my golfing buddies, give me a resort where I can play 3 different courses at least all on the same property to cut down on driving, and also let me easily play 36 for one or 2 days. On the East Coast, give me Kiawah Island or Sea Island. On the West Coast, Bandon Dunes would be my choice, but that probably comes from never having been to Bandon and wanting to get there someday.

Outside of the US....St. Andrews area in Scotland is always a good choice if your friends don't mind some dodgy weather (I guess that goes for Bandon too).

Absolute dream (as in would never happen at all): Monterey Peninsula, get to play Pebble Beach, Cypress Point, and 36 at Monterey Peninsula Country Club (2 courses there).

^^What he said!

Maybe SC or FL there are lots of nice course in those areas

I spent 3 days in Arizona this winter and played around the Scottsdale area. I would definitely go back for a golf trip there

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Back