Sunglass lens color

Bog33y

Reaction score
Handicap
I've heard anything from brown to reddish tints are best for golf. Just curious to know what color lenses you all have?

Oakley claims there golf lenses G-30 which is reddish tint. I think it is all a bunch of crap.

Sunglass lens color

On my gamers I have a dark grey that are polarized. I have a couple of brown lenses though. I know oakley makes sport specific lenses.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have Oakley perscription lens and they are orange they are a high contrast lens like shooters use, I also use a yellow ball it just glows in the air when you look at it through these lenses.

Oakley does make sport specific lenses but you see PGA players wearing all colors

the pair I normal wear are dark grey and polarized

I have the G30 lenses which are reddish. They're the best sunglass lenses I've come across and great for golf.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bolle V3 lens I think.

The rose-colored base of the G30 Iridium lens creates strong contrast against greens and browns. What it does, and well IMO. Is significantly improving visibility against fairways, sand traps and putting greens.

They also carry the VR28's that accomplish he same thing without the rose tint.

I have both and they work well for me.

I've got regular old prescription sunglasses that get darker with the sun. Works fine for me.

I have a pair of Bolle glasses with the Eagle Vision lenses which were their golf lenses before the V3's came out...they are the amber colored lenses

Interesting topic. I've been looking into a pair of golf sunglasses. Thanks for your thoughts everyone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

G30's are legit. Great lens.

Oakley g30 all day and twice on sunday

I wear the Emerald iridium lenses and I really like them. Some of it depends on how bright of sun you have to deal with. Where I'm at, it's just too bright for G30 lenses when the sun's at full bore.

I third the Oakley G30 lenses. You can see the course and grass grain better than with the naked eye. Its a great, great lense.

I have some dirty dog glasses with polarized brown lenses.

I love to use yellow or orange lenses I find Smith glasses the best. The yellow really helps me see the ball in the air, it's like using a yellow ball but the entire environment is lit up.

Just picked up a new pair of prescription sunglasses today, and they are pretty blue. Curious to see how they work on the course.

THP #theking #imwithchad

Oakley g30 prescription lenses - best investment I've made

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lots of Oakley love...might have to find a deal somewhere.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I got a pair of bolle serpents that are white with a brown lens and I love them

I was just going to post questions about the Oakley lenses but looks like you guys have all the answers, thanks. Helped me make my decision.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

The two I hear the most about, and mirrored in this thread, are the Bolle V3 and the Oakley G3.

Are both reddish tint?

Lots of Oakley love for sure. I owned (and lost) a pair of half jackets before I got into golf... Loved them but haven't mustered the heart to spend that much again lol. I'm looking into Sun Cloud or Maxx HD... Either a brown or reddish tint so we'll see.

Back