Edel Custom Wedges - Review Thread

Very crazy looking head shape for sure. Love the stamping though. Looking forward to your thoughts Hawk!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I like the sweeper grind as I tend to sweep.

Do you mind if I ask where you had them fit for you?

Oh, just re-read the OP. It sounds like you fit them online.

Last edited:
Love that Edel logo. Very interested to hear more on the grind.

Love the customizations on those wedges. Look really unique, to say the least.

Look forward to more on these

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Consider me intrigued.

I've had success with a higher lofted channel type grind in the past, especially out of the sand, so we'll see how it works out. Leading edge seemed low enough to throw out some lower chip shots off bent grass fringe.

It sounds like that grind would be good for you if you're a little steep on wedges no? That could be nice around the green or bunkers as well

I like the looks of these. Glad to see they have some Lefty options, even if they don't have as many for LH as RH. Lots of options for customizations. Look forward to hearing how you get along with these.

Interesting wedge the stamping is very cool

They do look different, but in a cool kind of way.

Those things look awesome Hawk. I can't wait to hear your thoughts on these.

Apparently they do stock these in Australia! So tempting...

Those are beautiful. Can't wait to hear more.

Interesting looking wedges, especially the grind, will be intrigued to find out how you feel that works for you

Looking at the third pic of the close-up of the face - I can't tell properly if it is just the way the picture looks, but is that a similar face milling to the Rotex wedges??

Wedges are so personal. Just from the pictures they look a bit chunky and unwieldy. At address though they don't look bad at all. Looking forward to hearing how they perform for you Hawk.

That's pretty sharp looking, I'm really interested in this review thanks for the pics Hawk.

Nice lines on both but hats with the sole on the 57*. Looks a little odd but could be the camera angle

Nice lines on both but hats with the sole on the 57*. Looks a little odd but could be the camera angle

Wondering what that will do to the bounce?

Don't want to steal Hawk's thunder here, but I had a chance to do a wedge fitting at the same time as a putter fitting. Everyone's comments here are pretty spot on, especially about how their bounce is much higher than normal. They have some sort of secret sauce that I don't understand, but the wedges I was fit into were 20 degrees (20!) or so of bounce, but had a grind that allowed the leading edge to sit much lower to the ground than you would expect with that bounce. End result was a REALLY forgiving wedge, IMO. I play Scratch wedges right now, but I felt the Edel's were much easier to hit and more consistent in my short time with them.

Comments from others are similar to mine: unique, interesting... I like the grind options, and also the ability to personalize. What's throwing me, a little bit, is the look at address. That would take a little getting used to - not "bad" or "good", just different than I am accustomed to.

It sounds like that grind would be good for you if you're a little steep on wedges no? That could be nice around the green or bunkers as well

Yea, that channeled grind would be a steep guys dream, but like you said - also should be a workable option around the green (especially from rough) and in the bunker.

Interesting looking wedges, especially the grind, will be intrigued to find out how you feel that works for you

Looking at the third pic of the close-up of the face - I can't tell properly if it is just the way the picture looks, but is that a similar face milling to the Rotex wedges??

Yep, there's face milling, simililar to most of the major brands out there.

Wondering what that will do to the bounce?

It will give a lower leading edge, but a pretty massive increase in bounce on the back end, so you have a club that shouldn't dig so much, but still will get into the ground. Also, gives a bunch of bounce for open face shots (bunkers).

Don't want to steal Hawk's thunder here, but I had a chance to do a wedge fitting at the same time as a putter fitting. Everyone's comments here are pretty spot on, especially about how their bounce is much higher than normal. They have some sort of secret sauce that I don't understand, but the wedges I was fit into were 20 degrees (20!) or so of bounce, but had a grind that allowed the leading edge to sit much lower to the ground than you would expect with that bounce. End result was a REALLY forgiving wedge, IMO. I play Scratch wedges right now, but I felt the Edel's were much easier to hit and more consistent in my short time with them.

Steal away. Always enjoy reading other peoples' views!

Comments from others are similar to mine: unique, interesting... I like the grind options, and also the ability to personalize. What's throwing me, a little bit, is the look at address. That would take a little getting used to - not "bad" or "good", just different than I am accustomed to.

I agree with you. There will be a bit of visual adjustment at address, as the face does have a decidedly different look to it.

Sweet stamping!!!

Back