Cobra Bio Cell Driver Review

Great day with this one yesterday, it and Bertha are neck and neck for me but this one is getting the nod leading into the MC for sure, time to get very acclimated. Will be moving a red tie into it soon as well as I imagine that will be the combo I go with.

Is cobra allowing you to get this head and the shaft from the plus? You could do some real damage with that combo in your hand in july

Is cobra allowing you to get this head and the shaft from the plus? You could do some real damage with that combo in your hand in july

No clue yet, I imagine we will hear more from our tour rep soon.

Playing stock wouldn't bother me in the least though. It's a fantastic pairing!

No clue yet, I imagine we will hear more from our tour rep soon.

Playing stock wouldn't bother me in the least though. It's a fantastic pairing!

As someone who has never gotten along with a PX shaft, cobra R&D knocked it out of the park with tuning the shaft to match the head. The ball flight I saw at demo day was pretty dang awesome

As someone who has never gotten along with a PX shaft, cobra R&D knocked it out of the park with tuning the shaft to match the head. The ball flight I saw at demo day was pretty dang awesome

Yep, I have an R-flex that I absolutely kill. Yep, R-flex.

R = really stiff flex? :cool:

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

R = really stiff flex? :cool:

I know, it doesn't live up to all the repeated misnomers about what flexes mean and do as it pertains to 'misses', does it? :alien:

I know, it doesn't live up to all the repeated misnomers about what flexes mean and do as it pertains to 'misses', does it? :alien:

Thought we all played tour issue x-stiff flex shaft.

Thought we all played tour issue x-stiff flex shaft.

The internet says we should, of course. Hahaha

Seriously though, the R held up to my 105 SS just fine, no accentuated misses, just a higher ball flight, which was fun.

Kind of how the Cleveland Black was for me dude. Yeah, it said Stiff on the label, but that was a R flex shaft all day long.

Kind of how the Cleveland Black was for me dude. Yeah, it said Stiff on the label, but that was a R flex shaft all day long.

If more R's had those labels on them, minds would be blown. They really would.

well i went with the stiff, but still looking forward to seeing what it does. I picked it up on Saturday but we had about 30+ hours of rain, so no chance to get to the range. I have to say though just swinging it in the backyard to get a feel for it, and it's nicely balanced. Wednesday should be my first time with it.

The internet says we should, of course. Hahaha

Seriously though, the R held up to my 105 SS just fine, no accentuated misses, just a higher ball flight, which was fun.

I just switched to an R in my current driver and wondered why I haven't done this in the past. I'm definitely going to go with an R in either this or the Plus. I get smash numbers as I'm finding the sweet spot more often. I've got the same SS as you and I'm seeing the same thing. Higher flight, longer distances and everything is in control.

I have a motore f3 in mine and it is an unbelievable combo. I've been hitting some huge drive that are also straight which is new for me.

Seeing the replies from those of you with swing speeds over 100mph and using a regular flex is interesting. I went to dicks sporting goods today and they had one of the lime green bio cells which looks awesome! I assumed it being a regular flex that it would be too soft of flex for me. Now it's got me thinking because I would probably also shorten the shaft 3/4" to make it play at 45 which I'm assuming would stiffen it up slightly also. I was able to hit the bio cell while there but it was a stiff shaft and I was hitting into a net with no launch monitor so I couldn't tell a whole lot.

I just switched to an R in my current driver and wondered why I haven't done this in the past. I'm definitely going to go with an R in either this or the Plus. I get smash numbers as I'm finding the sweet spot more often. I've got the same SS as you and I'm seeing the same thing. Higher flight, longer distances and everything is in control.

Not doubting you or anything, just curious how an R flex shaft helps you find the sweet spot more often?

I know....doesn't make much sense. My swing is more controlled and I have better tempo because I don't feel the need to make an aggressive move to load the shaft. Plus, the results on the course, in the LM and on impact tape tells me all I need to know. I actually got the idea from a friend of mine who started swinging a lighter flex and started finding fairways more often than naught. From a feel perspective I have a better idea of where the club head is during the swing. Similar to how my whippy club works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In my experience - and speaking with some club fitters - I believe shaft flex is more important with regards to tempo / release etc. I think a smooth swing 100mph guy can use a R flex a lot more than a guy who has a quick transition, aggressive tempo, etc. My ss was in the mid 90's before my shoulder issues, but I had to use a stiff flex in just about everything because of my short, aggressive swing. even now I still am having the best results with a stiff shaft in my driver, and my ss is down to 85 - 87 on a good day.

For what its worth, I hit a driver with an R flex blueboard yesterday and I actually really liked it. I didn't see any additional dispersion from what I see with stiffer shafts.

I almost wish I hadn't because now a lot things that I've taken as fact are not so concrete anymore.

Also, the Bio Cell driver is still working great. Off centre hits are playable and centre hits are always awesome. If only I could find the centre more often.

If you can hit an R and control it, it's a beautiful thing. I had an R last year and was having a couple issues, but could bomb it. Put in a S, lost distance but gained a little control. Well it appears that S shaft may have broken Sunday as it now makes a rattle noise if you lightly bounce the head on the ground, so looks like I'll be trying that R shaft again. Not gonna lie, I'm slightly excited to give it another go.

A bio cell + tip will fit in a bio cell, right?

A bio cell + tip will fit in a bio cell, right?

Yep. The listed lofts will be different though, but it fits and works fine.

Thought this thread might see a little more action today after the Morgan Cup staffers got that PM. Let's here it guys, who is looking bio cell driver? Oh and the more important question, which color?

Thought this thread might see a little more action today after the Morgan Cup staffers got that PM. Let's here it guys, who is looking bio cell driver? Oh and the more important question, which color?

+ for me but no idea on color. Staring at the black tonight at the range and color thoughts were dancing. No idea....red? Will match the blood from my competitors.

Well I got to finally hit my new Bio Cell and jury is still out but I did hit a few mid high bombs

I am going with the Bio Cell. Shaft is yet to be determined but the stock shaft has been working well for me. As far as color I an leaning red at the moment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back