2014 Love Is In The Air - New THP Event

Question for people who have done air travel with clubs - should we allow extra time to get through security with a bag of clubs? I've seen bags being hand inspected at the X-ray station at my local airport from time to time.

Yeah, you check them. You won't be taking them through security.

Question for people who have done air travel with clubs - should we allow extra time to get through security with a bag of clubs? I've seen bags being hand inspected at the X-ray station at my local airport from time to time.

You won't bring bags through security, but give yourself extra time. Their security checkpoint is the worst in the entire country. Prepare to be aggravated.

Do yourself a favor and leave a lock OFF of your bag. When you check you luggage it's one less thing to have to waste time with. They'll let you know right then if your bag will be hand inspected or not, if not, then you can lock it up if you wish. A buddy of mine and I went and once mine was inspected and his wasn't, then coming back it swapped. You just never know. If they take it and you walk off and it's locked, it can turn into a hassle. I'm going to try and fit all my wife's and my clothes in my travel bag as well. Being as it's just a weekend trip, it should be do-able. It'll also make life easier for the shuttle or possibly catching a ride with someone back to the airport.

Thanks for the no-lock tip. Perhaps a zip tie though? They can cut it off easily if necessary.

I figure we'll have the travel bag for the clubs and then probably just a couple of carryons with clothing and other necessities since it's only a couple of days.

Thanks for the no-lock tip. Perhaps a zip tie though? They can cut it off easily if necessary.

I figure we'll have the travel bag for the clubs and then probably just a couple of carryons with clothing and other necessities since it's only a couple of days.

Just get a TSA approved lock and you'll be fine.

Zip tie can be more problematic than a lock. If you use a lock, make sure it is a TSA lock (you can get them at Walmart, target, most anywhere really) so that the TSA agent can use a generic key to open it if needed. With a zip tie, they will have to come up with a knife or scissors to cut it and open it and that'll really aggravate them. Personally, I would bring the lock, but just don't put it on until you've asked the check in person if it will be inspected. They can tell you right away then you have the choice to stand and watch at which point you can place the lock on when they are done or you can leave the lock with them and they can lock it for you when they are done, or if it's not going to be gone through, just put the lock on yourself. At least that's how they did it at the Kansas City airport and at Orlando when I flew back. Maybe different places do different things as well.

I never lock my suitcase or golf case. Never had an issue.

*knock on wood*

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Last edited:
We land at 12:30 on Friday and leave at 8:05 Sunday evening. Quick shower at the course after the round Sunday and plenty of time to hang out then make our way to the airport. Looking forward to seeing everyone there.

Just checked with the hotel and the latest time you can check out is 4pm and it will cost an additional $65. There are locker rooms at the course with showers with shampoo and towels.

Last edited:
Me and the Mrs. Were talking about this last night and I am not sure who is more excited her for a nice relaxing weekend, spa treatments and to finally meet some of the people I talk about or me cause I get to see old friends make some new ones, play some golf and she gets to see why I love THP events.

Does it really matter whose more excited, cause in the end two weeks will be here in a hurry!

Heck yeah man this is going to be one hell of a time!!! No doubt about that, plus being in Flordia and playing golf with your buds, what else can you have??
Me and the Mrs. Were talking about this last night and I am not sure who is more excited her for a nice relaxing weekend, spa treatments and to finally meet some of the people I talk about or me cause I get to see old friends make some new ones, play some golf and she gets to see why I love THP events.

Does it really matter whose more excited, cause in the end two weeks will be here in a hurry!

We're looking forward to this too! There will be a lot of "firsts" for us on this trip.

I see the Hyatt has a par-3 course at their location. Any other early arrivers interested in trying it out on Friday? We are landing around noon at the airport so I figure we'll be at the hotel by 1:30 or so.

I am up for that, ill be in on thursday so that would be a good time to get the wife some practice putts in.
We're looking forward to this too! There will be a lot of "firsts" for us on this trip.

I see the Hyatt has a par-3 course at their location. Any other early arrivers interested in trying it out on Friday? We are landing around noon at the airport so I figure we'll be at the hotel by 1:30 or so.

I'd be up for that!

I'd be up for that!

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Sounds like fun to me.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Not sure if we'll get there early enough on Friday ... but if they light the course up during the evening and stay open late enough, I'd be all for some night golf!

I'll probably skip on the golf friday and spend some time with the wife saying hello to everyone and just checking out the resort.

Drinks in the pool!! Sounds good to me. Do they have a swim up bar by chance?

Not sure! We won't be arriving until 3pm...just enough time to get a little sun, shower and be ready for meet and greet!

I'll probably skip on the golf friday and spend some time with the wife saying hello to everyone and just checking out the resort.

In the same boat. Going to do my fitting then hang poolside with the wife.

No, but they have a bar in a cave, which the pool goes through. It's probably 15 feet from the edge of the pool. Pretty sure you can't have drinks in the pool. The pool is GIGANTIC.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk.

Hey guys...it's HOT here in FL...

Thats good to hear, I would rather be sweating my rear end off than freezing my rear end off.
Hey guys...it's HOT here in FL...

Back