Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It makes a lot of sens, but the thing is I just cant stand having my phone turned on during a round, I love my girlfriend and really like my job, but when I'm golfing, I'm golfing. That and I'd rather have only one device to rely on, I tried the rangefinder and it made me feel like I was the one making the group slow down all the time, the watch on the other side is so easy and so convenient.

Completely know what you mean about the "making the group slow down" part. I was always trying to shoot a yardage with my rangefinder. When its on the tee it is one thing, but for me I just felt uncomfortable doing so from the fairways thinking that it was one more thing in a routine that was starting to get longer and longer.

My eyes are definitely on a GPS watch. I feel like it gives just enough info that I need, in a timely manner, that could really help speed up my pace (not that I am super slow, but I feel like I could always do more to be a bit quicker). One less thing to mess around with on the course.
Haha. I played with ddec last weekend, and asked him if it was OK for me to laser a flag from about 30 yards away. His response was "only if you hit it inside 10 feet." I lasered the flag at 34 yards and hit it to 4 feet.

Is it faster to glance at your watch than it is to laser the flag? Absolutely. But at the rate that I actually use the laser, I don't think it would add more than a minute TOPS to a round of golf

Haha. I played with ddec last weekend, and asked him if it was OK for me to laser a flag from about 30 yards away. His response was "only if you hit it inside 10 feet." I lasered the flag at 34 yards and hit it to 4 feet.

Is it faster to glance at your watch than it is to laser the flag? Absolutely. But at the rate that I actually use the laser, I don't think it would add more than a minute TOPS to a round of golf

I would usually find myself doing it on every 2nd and 3rd shot per hole. I played my best rounds the past couple seasons when relying on GPS #'s to the back of the green, instead of relying on exact yardages to the pins.

Bio Cell driver... It's just staying on my mind. Oh and the Adams XTD.

Which is more forgiving laterally??

Bio Cell, the e9 face is even better than it was since they have added the Bio Cells to it. XTD is closer than I ever expected with the cup-face, but the edge still goes Bio IMO.

Pondering wedge shafts still. Played xFT's with KBS hi-rev all weekend and was really striking and feeling the head well.

Not sure I need full on hi-rev, but might begin my KBS tour ponder for a wedge shaft.

Pondering wedge shafts still. Played xFT's with KBS hi-rev all weekend and was really striking and feeling the head well.

Not sure I need full on hi-rev, but might begin my KBS tour ponder for a wedge shaft.

I really think I'm going Tours all the way through my MC irons, 54/58 included. I really do.

Out of curiosity, what are your thoughts on playing the same shafts in your irons and wedges?

Im pondering putters.

Im pondering hybrids.

And I am pondering dropping the 3W and 5W from my bag.

Considering they just sat lonely in your bag all day today (even through they were both 3w's...), probably a good ponder.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Considering they just sat lonely in your bag all day today (even through they were both 3w's...), probably a good ponder.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

True. I guess I should say I am pondering dropping both 3Ws that are currently in my bag..

I really think I'm going Tours all the way through my MC irons, 54/58 included. I really do.

I don't blame you my friend. I like the execution right through the set for you.

Out of curiosity, what are your thoughts on playing the same shafts in your irons and wedges?

I'm throwing the idea around for my 50 degree wedge, but I like the ability to increase my launch and spin a bit as I get into the wedges. I can really get these hi-rev's elevated to land softly, something that is of great value on the harder greens I'll be playing in the middle of the summer.

Im pondering putters.

Im pondering hybrids.

Low lofted hybo route? 16ish?

Low lofted hybo route? 16ish?

I put my old school TM Rescue Mid 19* back in the bag a few weeks ago, and it has just been outstanding. Using it off the tee and off the deck has been nice, and I used it a good bit this weekend when I needed a sure hit on a fairway on some of the shorter Par 4s.

Im thinking about going with a setup with a low lofted hybrid, and maybe another around 23* or so.

I put my old school TM Rescue Mid 19* back in the bag a few weeks ago, and it has just been outstanding. Using it off the tee and off the deck has been nice, and I used it a good bit this weekend when I needed a sure hit on a fairway on some of the shorter Par 4s.

Im thinking about going with a setup with a low lofted hybrid, and maybe another around 23* or so.

I like it, run with what is most comfortable for you.

I like it, run with what is most comfortable for you.

I did not hit my 3W in the 4 rounds I played this weekend.

I did not hit my 5W this weekend (Mashie F5), until today on a mid length par 4 in to the wind. When I pulled it, I found out in fact it was the F3, not the F5. Its been in my bag for a month now, and I had yet to pull it.

That tells me a lot about what I need to do with my bag setup.

If you had $120 max... What driver do you buy?? Would prefer to stay at $100 and below..

If you had $120 max... What driver do you buy?? Would prefer to stay at $100 and below..

Either the x hot or R1. Both can be had for right around there if you find the right deal

I know it's the swing, but struggling with my irons is bringing on an expensive ponder. Fun, but too expensive

Much of the stuff that is now one or two releases behind is in that price range. I still love my R1 so I would include that in the list. The Amp cell products were great, so I'd include them. I think i saw some ads for the XHot driver recently in this price range. I didn't get along well with that one but many others did so I think you'd have to give it a look.

588 hybo bro
I finally got to hit this today at a demo day; and all I can say is WOW. I thought for sure I'd go 2 FWs and 1 hybo for the MC, now I'm thinking of reversing that. Easy to launch and flies dead straight. What's not to like? (And I struggle with hybos).

I was around one of those once, someone hogged it and wouldnt let me hit it.

My bad bro...can have the j40 when I get the 588s...not exactly new stuff but deadly awesome

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back