2014 Fitness & Nutrition Thread With Coach Beard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gym switched to kettlebell workouts on Tuesdays to switch it up for a while - did my first one today. Had that and a lesson this afternoon. Needless to say, I'm tired.

Week 2 of insanity it began tonight. ..not as bad as last week so I'm making progress

Reached a couple of milestones today. Under 190 and 30 lbs down since Feb.

Hotel gym had a nice set-up with some free weights and a system with some pulleys that I was able to get a solid upper body workout in. Amazing how much easier pull ups are when lifting 30 less pounds.

So here goes. When I had my surgery on June 25th 2013, I weighed in at 410. That is a ridiculous number and something I am quite embarrassed about but you guys are my family and I want you to know the full story. Today is April 19th and for the first time in a REALLY REALLY long time I weighed in at 299.8. I still have work to do but in the past year I have seen so many changes in me physically and mentally. The endless support and encouragement from THPers has been overwhelming and I appreciate it more than words can describe. Heading out to walk 18 holes today to celebrate something I couldnt have done even a year ago.

That's fricken awesome man! Super proud. Keep up the hard work.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Hotel gym had a nice set-up with some free weights and a system with some pulleys that I was able to get a solid upper body workout in. Amazing how much easier pull ups are when lifting 30 less pounds.

Nice job Erik. That's a nice couple milestones for sure

Nice job man, keep it going!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Way to go Erik!

2lbs for me last week. Very good considering I was sick the whole time. Going to push it a little harder this next one, becasue I'm just about at a milestone that I'd like to bust through.

So here goes. When I had my surgery on June 25th 2013, I weighed in at 410. That is a ridiculous number and something I am quite embarrassed about but you guys are my family and I want you to know the full story. Today is April 19th and for the first time in a REALLY REALLY long time I weighed in at 299.8. I still have work to do but in the past year I have seen so many changes in me physically and mentally. The endless support and encouragement from THPers has been overwhelming and I appreciate it more than words can describe. Heading out to walk 18 holes today to celebrate something I couldnt have done even a year ago.

I missed this with being away, but I have said it before and I will say it again - you deserve a heck of a lot of credit for what you have done Dev and can put a lot of us to shame with what you have achieved

Congratulations

SOLID work! Congrats to you!!

Ran on Tuesaday and again is morning. Both runs we're right under four miles in the hills at a 7:15-7:20 pace. My shoulder is still bothering me so I am taking it easy on my post run workouts. More core and legs than shoulders and arms. Ice and Aleve (as advised by my doctor) are my friends right now....

Sprints!

Got back into boxing again. Looking forward to some sparring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A bit of a HHJJ, but I just did a set of 10 wide arm pullups with no chair, band, etc for support or help. That might not sound completely impressive to some, but it's about time I could do pullups and such with no leg on a chair for help.

A bit of a HHJJ, but I just did a set of 10 wide arm pullups with no chair, band, etc for support or help. That might not sound completely impressive to some, but it's about time I could do pullups and such with no leg on a chair for help.

10 wide arm pullups is no joke. I've always struggled with pullups, something I work on every week during my back split. I'm only up to 6 or 7 in good form before I need a rest. Good for you Ward.

That's awesome man, it's a great accomplishment.

Great work! Most people don't realize how difficult pull-ups are.

Back at P90x again. Finally should get a sense of normalcy. Thanks to all who kept this thread going in my absence. Keep up the great work all!

90 mins on the treadmill is in the books. Time for supper then some putting on the birdie ball

Back at P90x again. Finally should get a sense of normalcy. Thanks to all who kept this thread going in my absence. Keep up the great work all!

Nice. Just started a P90x3/T25 hybrid.

Really been slacking in the exercise department lately. Walking 18 on my home course with all the hills really took a ton out of me yesterday. So while sitting here tonight I decided to pop in the cardio DVD from T25. Feel really good after getting it done. Now just got to keep it going.

Down 2 pounds last week making the total 7 over the last 2 weeks. This week was tough as I tweaked my back on Thursday and havent worked out since Wednesday, so happy with a loss. Hoping to test the back again today and get back to the Insanity workouts.

Set a 37 second PR yesterday in a 5k. 28:10 on course with a lot of uphill. The one thing that I have noticed by doing crossfit and running is the muscular endurance from crossfit helps me go harder longer when running.

Really been slacking in the exercise department lately. Walking 18 on my home course with all the hills really took a ton out of me yesterday. So while sitting here tonight I decided to pop in the cardio DVD from T25. Feel really good after getting it done. Now just got to keep it going.

Man, the difference in my endurance carrying my bag while playing is so huge right now.

I biked it up this morning. Tonight moving on to Phase 2 of Suspension Revolution, which I'm mildly scared of.

I feel like a bit of a stranger popping back into this thread.....

Things have been a bit all over the place these last couple of weeks so other than walking 18 holes a couple weeks ago, I am confessing to having not done anything lately - Jen has actually done more than me as a few or her work colleagues have been going walking after work :embarrassed:

Really need to get that changed and get back into doing something for a couple of reasons, Jen has got the Race for Life with her work colleagues at the beginning of June and then we have got our Jamaica holiday in September for which we both want to lose weight

Time to give myself a bit of a kick in the behind to get going again

No working out for me this past weekend, I had a big two day golf tournament at the club. I am still tired today.

Will be hitting it again on Tuesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back