TaylorMade JetSpeed Fairway Wood - THP Review Thread

I hit 2 tee balls late in the night with it. Hole played dead in to the wind. Choked up on one and was right down the middle. Didn't on the other and was in the right FW bunker, some 25-30 yards right of the 1st ball. My home course finally opens on Monday. It will get a good workout there, lots of spots to hit 3w off the tee.

Nice, I'm eager to hear what you think. Out of the Jetspeed line this was the one club that I thought performed well, didn't make sense just like the rest of the line, but it actually performed.

I, for one, really liked the Jet Speed FW. Got to hit it a good bit back a few months ago and from what I saw out of it, both off the deck and tee'd up, I thought it was quite impressive. Up until about 3 days ago, I was 100% certain this would be int he bag for the MC for me.

I, for one, really liked the Jet Speed FW. Got to hit it a good bit back a few months ago and from what I saw out of it, both off the deck and tee'd up, I thought it was quite impressive. Up until about 3 days ago, I was 100% certain this would be int he bag for the MC for me.

Its solid. It really is.

Indeed, there apparently has been a wrench thrown in the mix for you guys. A confusing wrench, but a wrench nonetheless.

Its solid. It really is.

Indeed, there apparently has been a wrench thrown in the mix for you guys. A confusing wrench, but a wrench nonetheless.
A confusing wrench, for sure.

Ponders will be going cray cray.

I'm with you. I figured it would be in the bag as well. Although I have yet to have any experience with the SLDR Fairway. But I really enjoyed what I saw last night.

Its solid. It really is.

that wrench has my mind racing. Need to find out more.

Been working on the FW during my lessons at GolfTec and have been trying out some FW since my G20 with a R shaft is not even close to fitting my swing. I have hit the Jetspeed, SLDR, and Big bertha so far all with stock stiff shafts. I've still been fighting slight over the top move giving me a slight fade when I'm aiming to eventually work to a slight draw.
This is a pretty average shot off the deck with Jetspeed 3W:
imagejpg1_zps3e0bccdb.jpg
[/URL]
[/IMG]

I was surprised at the Jetspeed as I thought the SLDR would be the better fit for me, but I like the feel and extra forgiveness of the Jetspeed over the SLDR (which I found not to be too penalizing on misfits). I'm definitely going to need to shorten and find a better shaft with whatever I chose. Oh yea club head speed was not set up so ignore that lol.

Been working on the FW during my lessons at GolfTec and have been trying out some FW since my G20 with a R shaft is not even close to fitting my swing. I have hit the Jetspeed, SLDR, and Big bertha so far all with stock stiff shafts. I've still been fighting slight over the top move giving me a slight fade when I'm aiming to eventually work to a slight draw.
[/URL]
[/IMG]

I was surprised at the Jetspeed as I thought the SLDR would be the better fit for me, but I like the feel and extra forgiveness of the Jetspeed over the SLDR (which I found not to be too penalizing on misfits). I'm definitely going to need to shorten and find a better shaft with whatever I chose. Oh yea club head speed was not set up so ignore that lol.

All but one of those stats looked solid. That CHS though... Apparently it's pretty unforgiving if you miss, even with a 200+ mph club head speed haha

[/URL]
[/IMG]

Wait. What. Does that say 218 mph clubhead speed?

200+ mph club head speed? I think the sim might have been inaccurate.

200+ mph club head speed? I think the sim might have been inaccurate.

A 150 mph ball speed with a 269 carry also seems a little odd to me.

He said it wasn't setup properly

Club head speed is not used on the practice settings. It has only been used during my club fitting sessions.

Club head speed is not used on the practice settings. It has only been used during my club fitting sessions.

I'm with you. I would need to shorten the shaft on this club to make it work best for me.

I'm with you. I would need to shorten the shaft on this club to make it work best for me.

yea I found myself choking down about a good inch 1'' and I was making better contact and had much more control. Hoping to get outside with it next weekend during my fitting since it snowed here in Ohio today! Also my instructor is looking to get some other shaft choices from his TM rep for the fitting. Numbers wise I'm too sure what is ideal just have been happy with the overall distance and feel/forgiveness of the club over my off the rack G20 I've been using.

yea I found myself choking down about a good inch 1'' and I was making better contact and had much more control. Hoping to get outside with it next weekend during my fitting since it snowed here in Ohio today! Also my instructor is looking to get some other shaft choices from his TM rep for the fitting. Numbers wise I'm too sure what is ideal just have been happy with the overall distance and feel/forgiveness of the club of my off the rack G20 I've been using.

I would guess I was about an inch too. Will get more course time Friday, Sat, hopefully Sunday too. Really want to see what it can do from the tee as well.

I would guess I was about an inch too. Will get more course time Friday, Sat, hopefully Sunday too. Really want to see what it can do from the tee as well.

I haven't got a chance to hit it off the tee yet only the deck. Hope it performs just as well. Let us know how it works out for you. I'm interested to know!

Watched my friend hit this at Dicks. Average total distance was 300 yards. Yeah this thing can fly

Had this in the bag for 6 rounds now. Just wanted to update some things. I still tend to choke down on it, but have experimented more with not doing so. Really fight some consistency when it happens. However if I square one up, this thing flies(even for me). Over the weekend I had a shot off the turf that GPS'd at just a tick under 230, and have had several drives in the 240 range. I don't hit the driver 240 right now, so those are big shots, and we aren't exactly getting a lot of roll with the soft ground right now. With the shallower face, I have no real issues taking it off the deck, which is a bonus. I also was one of those people who didn't like that it looked closed at address, now I'm at the point where I don't even notice it anymore. I don't notice if I manipulate the face angle at all, I just grip it and go.

Nice Deano, I still believe that of the Jetspeed clubs this one was the standout. Its a solid fairway.

Nice Deano, I still believe that of the Jetspeed clubs this one was the standout. Its a solid fairway.

Really is. I like it better than the RBZ line and the Stage 2. Both of those I struggled with a low ball flight.

Really is. I like it better than the RBZ line and the Stage 2. Both of those I struggled with a low ball flight.

Me too dude, thats why this one caught me off guard early in the review, the launch is there.

While I did not fall in love with JS driver, I have yet to hit the JS fairway or hybrids. I need to remedy that.

I got the 3 & 5 wood. I cut 1 inch off the butt end of both of mine and I'm hitting them alot better.

I have had the 3 & 5 wood for a couple of months now and really like them. By far the easiest for me to get in the air. I had issues doing this with the SLDR and RBZ 2 FWs. Even the shots low on the face seem to get pretty high. I have no issue hitting this thing off the fairway either and is a great option off the tee as well. The Taylormade fitter said it would be a good option for me and he was right.

JetSpeed fairways

JetSpeed fairways

I know there's probably a link to a thread on these clubs, but just purchased a 3 wood and would like to know some of your impressions if you have had a chance to hit this club. Thanks!

Back