Chick Norris
Boss Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Golf
THIS IS A PRESS RELEASE

PLAY LIKE A PRO WITH COBRA’S NEW BIO CELL PRO DRIVER

MyFly8 and SmartPad Technology Combined with Lower CG Provides Ultimate Distance and Unmatched Power

CARLSBAD, Calif. (May 28, 2014) – Today, COBRA Golf, a leader in golf club innovation and performance, announced the release of its BiO CELL Pro Driver – a revolutionary new driver featuring a lower center of gravity designed to help golfers Go Loooong off the tee.

Adding to the Tour-inspired family of clubs, the BiO CELL Pro Driver is engineered to deliver even more driving distance and workability. The key to increased distance is the extremely low center of gravity (CG) that promotes faster ball speeds, lower spin and a higher launch. The low CG combined with a compact 440cc head, allows golfers to achieve a better ball flight and longer shots off the tee. The all-titanium, 440cc head delivers a solid feel at impact that better player’s desire.

“This Pro Driver was designed for golfers with a strong swing that yields high launch and high spin,” said Jose Miraflor, director of product marketing. “To help these golfers play at their best, we created the BiO CELL Pro Driver, our lowest CG ever to deliver unmatched distance and performance.”

In addition to the low CG, the Pro Driver also utilizes COBRA’s game-changing MyFly8 adjustable loft technology that allows golfers to choose from eight loft/trajectory settings (7.0°, 7.5°, 8.5°, 9.5°, 10.0° and three fade settings: 7.5°, 8.5° and 9.5°) while SmartPad delivers a square face at address regardless of loft/trajectory setting. BiO CELLS combined with E9 Face technology work to remove weight from the face, and reposition it low and back to deliver increased distance.

The BiO CELL Pro Driver (MAP $399) is available in right handed models in regular, stiff and x-stiff, and features a Lamkin – ACE 3Gen 360 Grip along with a Matrix Red-Tie 6Q3 shaft. Golfers can also choose from one of two custom shaft options at no upcharge – the Diamana D+ 72 or the PXV Tour 52. Sticking with the customization golfers have come to know and love from COBRA, the BiO CELLPro Driver in three color options—Black, Blue Aster and Vibrant Orange.

The BiO CELL Pro Driver joins the BiO CELL+ and BiO CELL as part of a complete Tour-inspired series. This driver was inspired by Rickie Fowler, who has been testing and playing this driver for the past few months.

BIO CELL FAMILY COMPARISON:
BiO CELL PROBiO CELL +BiO CELL
Size440cc440cc460cc
Loft Range7.0° - 10°8.0° - 11°9.0° - 12°
Face Height52.5mm54mm53mm
TrajectoryMediumMedium HighHigh
SpinVery LowLowLow
Directional BiasFadeSlight FadeSlight Draw
DesignBetter Player – TourBetter PlayerGame Improvement

A limited number of Pro drivers will be available at select retail stores on May 1, 2014. To learn more about the BiO CELL Pro and COBRA’s full suite of products, please visit www.cobragolf.com. To find an authorized COBRA dealer near you, visit http://cobragolf.com/dealer-locator.

i-MqDHNxv-L.jpg

i-KD5b4qp-L.jpg

i-c4TcDQ5-L.jpg

Nice! Good to see all of this with the talk we had about it this weekend here on the forum. Love seeing the comparisons of the 3 in the line together and what they are/what role they fill.

Always good to have options, but this one seems too closely related to the + IMO, but I could be wrong.

Either way, not going to be a good driver for me haha

Good to have options, although it's kind of curious to me. Probably not the right stick for me, but I wouldn't mind hitting it.

7* option....wow. Don't think I need "very low" spin though.

As always, options are great to have!

Options are nice, I surely wont sniff this one, but Im sure it will be awesome just like the last few drivers they have released

Pretty cool. Love how innovative Cobra is becoming. I can't wait to hear some first hand experience with this one.

Interesting. The 7° is crazy, especially since it's a "very low" spinning head.

I think it's great of Cobra to have another options, I'd love to compare them all side by side!!!

Have to go with dean on this, even though im sure options can be over thought, ever since my first adhustable driver im not sure I can have a driver with one setting

Cant wait to see the Numbers compared to the + and standard. Gotta love Cobra, they offer So many options

Read elsewhere that Cobra is saying that all things being equal, the + model spins 350-400 rpm less than the standard Bio Cell, and the Bio Cell Pro will spin another 350-400 rpm less than the + model. If that's the case, I really doubt I'd need the Pro version, but wouldn't mind testing out the + model.

Read elsewhere that Cobra is saying that all things being equal, the + model spins 350-400 rpm less than the standard Bio Cell, and the Bio Cell Pro will spin another 350-400 rpm less than the + model. If that's the case, I really doubt I'd need the Pro version, but wouldn't mind testing out the + model.

Yep, thats about the range we talked about in the previews of the Bio to Bio+, solid drop, and the Bio is lower spinning than the AC/ACP was last year.

Very nice looking driver i like the shape and color choices much better than the + and lower sping should be a winner

Nice, I prefer the solid crown over the white outlined + line.

Holly crap. Seeing a lot of people in the low 2000's and high 1000's with the +, it's crazy to think that this is even lower spinning.

I'm sure it will fit a few. Nothing wrong with options.

I picked up a Bio Cell + last week and Cobra wasn't even on the radar. I had a SLDR that I just couldn't get along with and decided to trade it in. Hit a number of different drivers and the + with Red Tie gave me the best numbers. Had two if my better driving days in a while over the weekend. I was really surprised with not only the numbers but the feel of this club. It works well for me.

Be interesting to see this compared to the others. Also does anyone else notice that it adjusts from 7°-10° yet in the picture its set to 10.5° :D

Back