2014 #TheKing Was Here - Video & Recap Thread

My recap will probably bounce all over the place so bear with me :)

First off, thanks to THP and Callaway, however good things look in these recaps, it was even better in person!! Just mind blowing really.

I will start off with the ZooCrew.
Scotty is one of the nicest guys you will ever meet. Just laid back and super friendly.
Finley is the exact same way, Like to bust balls a little but takes it just as good as he gives it, great guy.
My Captain Harry, he is the man. One of the funniest guys you will ever meet and just super nice.
Chad, he may have been the opposing captain, but what a great guy. After I got a round of shots for chad and his boys (Whatever it takes to win lol) I asked chad if he needed to bum a chew from me, I did not realize he had never chewed snuff before and sunday morning on the tee, he said to me "how do you get that nasty crap out of your mouth, it took me 30 minutes rinse my mouth out, oops my bad lol.

Anyone who has been to a THP event knows what a great guy Josh is. It goes way beyond just being the owner of THP, Josh really cares for the members of THP and wants to make everyone feel welcome. Just a true gentlemen and someone I feel honored to call a friend.

One of the coolest things to me about #TheKing was that it was a smaller event (participant wise) and I had the honor of spending time with everyone there.
Before I get into each person that participated, another thing that was neat was that all age groups were there. The younger guys really impressed me, in today's society it is so refreshing to meet a group of 20 something's that get it!! They are respectful and fun as hell to hang out with, they made me feel younger and I hope I taught them about things not to do haha.

Army Golf (Curtis) Curtis was my roommate and my partner for Saturday AM Alt Shot round. Curtis and I hit it off from the minute we met. Him being a canadian and since I lived in Canada for a year we had that in common right off the bat. We chatted and laughed and had a great time all weekend. Our Saturday match was amazing. We really clicked on the course, If I hit a bad shot he stroked one, and vice versa, It was the best round of golf I have ever played in. We shot a 75 with a double bogey which was great in that format :)

Ole Grey (Bill) All I can say is if you ever get a chance to play a round with Bill....DO IT!!!!! Just an amazing guy, I think he is my long lost uncle!!! I got play with Bill on Friday and Sunday and had a blast both times!

Cpljohnst (Barry) If you look up the word gentlemen in websters you will see a picture of Barry. When I got in at the last minute, I was not sure what I would do for hotel Thursday night, Barry tells me right away, dont worry about it, you can crash in our room. I asked Barry what I owed him and he said nothing, That was a super gesture Barry and I appreciate it more than you know. I played with Barry on sunday, he played great like always, and as I was trying to battle MT anytime I would hit a bad shot or get a little down, Barry was right there to pick me up.

MillerTime (Josh aka Sandy lol) Josh is another one of the young guys that impressed the hell out of me. Just a great young man, and someone who has a heck of a golf game. I was paired against Josh in Sunday singles and I was nervouse about the matchup, Josh was the hottest player on either team going into sunday. I did not want him to run away from me and me cost my team. We battled back and forth and I was thrilled to only lose 2 points against him (I never thought I would say I would be thrilled to lose in my life, but it really was a moral victory) During our round of course we both wanted to win but we were also happy for the other person when they hit a good shot. I will tell you how clutch Josh is, on 9 I pulled a rabbit out of my hat and hit a career shot under trees to about 3 feet (it was a tricky little downhill putt and not a gimmie) josh had hit some trees and found a way to get on the green in 3, most people would kind of just give up, josh sinks about 12 foot downhill putt to force me to make my putt, i got lucky and made it but that shows his stones on the course. Thank you for the great round Josh I cant wait to do it again.

War Eagle (Ryan) This was the first event I got know Ryan besides on line. he is an awesome dude. We were paired up for the Saturday afternoon round of best ball. That was my worse round of the weekend and I was really starting to get down on myself, ryan says to me, partner go wet a towel wipe your face off and cool down, and get ready for the next hole, we are doing fine, that really meant a lot to me. Ryan always gave me a few pointers that I took in Sundays round that helped me a lot. If you have not played with ryan, do not challenge him to a contest of who can hit a 7 iron farther, he really does hit the 7 iron like Daly hits the driver!

Freddie (I will not even attempt to spell his screen name :p) as we all know the panda is the swing guru of THP, but let me go a little farther on that, even though we were own opposite teams, Freddie took time out of his range tome in sunday morning to work with me and give me a couple of quick fixes. They really paid off and I was able to slow the freight train as MT down a little thanks to Freddies help, if that does not show what kind of guy freddie is I do not know what would. And to watch Freddie shot a 69 on basically one leg was amazing. Freddie thank you again and I cant wait to see you again.

JJMorris (Jessie just kidding Jesse thats an inside joke) Jesse is just the coolest young man you will ever meet. Jesse is one of the first guys I talked to on THP, and finally got the chance to meet him in Dallas and then again at #TheKing and as good a guy as jesse is online, he is an even better guy in person. I can not say enough good words about this young man, and I think I am going to adopt him as a younger brother!!! Get down to Branson this summer my brother!

AKRobby (Robby) Robby is a class act. Guy flew all the way from Alaska (Thats basically the North freaking Pole) to be in #TheKing. Robby was our opponent on Saturday AM along with Ski Bum (Ryan) and as I stated above Curtis and I were hot, As our opponent Robby and Ryan were not bitter or upset, it felt like they were taking the ride with us. Besides the good golf, Robby and Ryan were a blast to play with. They played damn good on the back as well and won some very good points.
SkiBum (Ryan) is another one of the young guys that were just awesome. Ryan is also like a little brother, just really nice guy and a pleasure to hang with.

Buck is neat guy, and let me tell you all, the stories you hear about his drives are understated, he massacres a golf ball, his drives need a stewardess on them. He does need to learn how to apply sun block though lol.

Golf4life (Bret) Bret is in the 40 something crowd with me. We got a chance to visit sunday morning and we talked about how important it is to eat good in our mid forties. Bret next event if I see you with a burger I am going to trow it away and please do the same for me, I felt like crap (Literally lol) this morning, damn after our talk I still was weak and ate that damn devil burger!

Captain Caution (Alek) another one of the young guys (seems I keep saying that, does that mean I am getting old?? :D) super nice young man. Him and Jesse were one heck of a team in alt Shot. Alek has a great swing and he will be single digits before this summer is over. I played with Alek Sat afternoon and he played very well and was a pleasure to play with.

TeedupThoughts (Ray) Ray is great guy, just do not let him hold your cell phone. Ray was MVP for my team and a very well deserved honor. He played great and is just a class act. It was funny when Harry said he wanted to give our MVP a putter so he could have a callaway putter, but he putted so good he could live with the other brand putter.

Spraks (Rancy) This was first time I had spoken to Sparks, he is a good guy, if a fight ever broke out I am standing behind him, I think he could wrestle a grizzly bear and win. I hope your Vols turn it around this year.

As you can tell everyone there was just a great person (I am not sugar coating anything) these guys were all awesome. I feel honored to have 19 new friends for life now.

#TheKing was my 4th THP event, and like always they just get better and better. I know some people at first want to get into an event because of the swag or gifts etc (That stuff is awesome BTW) but once you go to an event you realize that stuff is secondary. Its the lifetime friendships that are made, thats what THP is all about!!!

I am sure I forgot alot of things as I am running on empty, but bottom line is if #TheKing returns do everything you can to get in it!!!!!!!

Great summary sposey!!!

Dang Shane, that was a hell of a recap!

Killer recap Shane! Thanks for sharing.

How can Brett only be in his 40s if he is buck jobs dad?
Great recap shane!

Great recap shane. I am looking forward to being able to sit down and write mine out. Already looking forward to reading everyone elses

You home yet little brother?

Great recap shane. I am looking forward to being able to sit down and write mine out. Already looking forward to reading everyone elses

It's 50 degrees, raining, and I'm not on the golf course with THPers. I miss Florida.

What a recap sposey013168! You made me feel like I was right there meeting all of them!

Yes sir got in at 12:45 and went straight to work.

Similar weather here. I am not a fan.

I was at work at 11, now going home to sleep for 12 hours, you young bucks about killed this old man :D

I was at work at 11, now going home to sleep for 12 hours, you young bucks about killed this old man :D

I don't think you needed our help, buddy!

Ol' Josh Miller must have been baggin' and making me feel good the last time we played together. OR, that last minute lesson did some wonders!! I may have to go to his guy if he can do those wonders on a game. Geez. Good job again, bud.

What a recap sposey013168! You made me feel like I was right there meeting all of them!

KC if you get a chance to meet any of these guys, do it!!! Great guys

Ol' Josh Miller must have been baggin' and making me feel good the last time we played together. OR, that last minute lesson did some wonders!! I may have to go to his guy if he can do those wonders on a game. Geez. Good job again, bud.

No kidding he played amazing.

Something I forgot in my recap, if any of my king brothers or any THP'er want to check Branson out this summer, let me know :)

How do you start a recap about the best golf experience of your life? There is always a chance when you wait for something in anticipation for months in advance that the event in question will not live up to your expectations. When The Hackers Paradise and Callaway Golf are involved that chance is reduced to zero! #theking lived up to all of my expectations. Everything was done top notch, from the Resort, to the Championsgate courses, to the Captain’s Suites and dinner, to the great format, and the competition too.

I’ve got to throw out the biggest thanks I can give to The Hackers Paradise (Josh and Morgan), and Callaway Golf, you guys rock. #theking was something I’ve wanted to experience my whole life. A Ryder Cup style team event has been a bucket list item. You literally made a dream come true for me. These few typed words here can’t express how thankful I am for the weekend you just put together for us. Something I’ll never, ever forget! There will always be Callaway gear in my bag and closet. I’m a fan for life!

Friday night recap:

The King opened with entering the Captain’s Suites on Friday night. We all had lots of anticipation. I walk right in and the rest of Team Harry was already inside. There are Big Bertha’s stacked in the corner, each with a team members name on them. On the table are Team shirts. Quite a sight!

Harry and Jason introduce themselves and they were just as down to earth as you can imagine. The Harry you see on Twitter and Callaway talks is exactly how he is in person. Jason was hilarious too. Just a few minutes in and the Chad jokes were flying left and right from those two. And Finley couldn’t leave out Texashacker, just a few minutes in and he was already throwing a jab his way.

We grab some of the great 4 Rivers food and sit down at the table and Harry jumps right into strategy. #boom just like that he throws out lineups for Saturday morning Pinehurst and afternoon Best Ball. The teams were just a great fit. After strategy we get handed a dozen Speed Regime balls to put in play during the competition. SR1’s, SR2’s, SR’3s were all available. Team Hats are there for us too. Team Hammer we were to be!

We head up to Team Chad’s Suite and met up with our foes for the weekend. Chad and Scotty G are super friendly too. Just can’t get over how easy going all 4 of the #zoocrew members were. Just like regular guys. We get a little Callaway swag – The Masters coin with the crown is just so awesome and was the one thing I was secretly hoping that the captain would be brining for a surprise – then delve right into the reveal of lineups for Saturday.
Some great Grandaddy recaps came during the night and it was cool to hear about the event from the #zoocrew perspective. Can’t wait for The Dos!

Most of the group went down to the outdoor putting green for some putting contest. I went down and watched the festivities. I was drooling over Chad’s Innovate or Die putter cover and even picked it up just to hold one in my hand! The long day started to get to Old Gray and me so we headed up to the room to rest our old bones for the long day to come.

Match recaps, individual shout outs and more to come.

Fantastic recaps by Shane & Barry, a joy to read through!

Great stuff Barry!

2014 #TheKing Was Here - Video & Recap Thread

That was perfect, Shane. Stay awesome bud. I've never had a reason to travel to Missouri. I do now. Can't wait for our rematch. So glad to call you a friend. You made me dig deep on that back 9.

Great stuff Barry. You were awesome all weekend. Something about seeing smiles and thinking #TheKing is nearly perfect

Some really great recaps already on this event. I know from Dallas that Shane is a great guy, and fun to hang out with. It sounds like THP knocked it out of the ballpark again which is no surprise.

Back