2014 Love Is In The Air - New THP Event

If we can shoot under a 100 I would be extremly happy.

Not exactly setting the goals too high for a Morgan Cupper.

Not exactly setting the goals too high for a Morgan Cupper.

Well if I was putting it would be lower than that. Are we talking about the round with the wife or just us?

Well if I was putting it would be lower than that. Are we talking about the round with the wife or just us?

Its going to be scary for you in that dress, if your round with the wife is lower...

I'd be thrilled to complete a round in under 100.

G-Rex knows the honest one.

If you dont think pars will win, I got news for you. :D
We plan on shooting 82 or less. If people beat that, they deserve to win. Last time I played the course I shot 77. Played decently, but nothing great, but nothing bad either. Accounting for not putting, which is one of my stronger suits, I think 82 is doable and GG is going to roll a few in without a doubt.

I was more looking at bogeys winning. :)
Going to be more like 88 for me and the wife. #Multiple3Jacks

:alien: I am confused right now, JB are you saying the 100 is to high for me and the wife for expectations or is that the single round. Single round I am hoping to shoot a 85 down there.
Its going to be scary for you in that dress, if your round with the wife is lower...

I'd be thrilled to complete a round in under 100.
Same here ... on either day.

:alien: I am confused right now, JB are you saying the 100 is to high for me and the wife for expectations or is that the single round. Single round I am hoping to shoot a 85 down there.
I'm thinking he's saying you should carry your wife and get her close enough to one or two putt.

No concessions here I'm going down to shoot 80 and if I don't I will blame my wife for the loss.

No concessions here I'm going down to shoot 80 and if I don't I will blame my wife for the loss.
#LongRideHome

Here is how I envision Mike talking to his wife after the round.

Me? I'm taking all the blame no matter who turns out to stink more out of us two. #HappyWifeHappyLife

Question for people who have done air travel with clubs - should we allow extra time to get through security with a bag of clubs? I've seen bags being hand inspected at the X-ray station at my local airport from time to time.
A few days late on this, but I assume you are flying out of Hartford Ken? I've flown out of there a few times recently, and the golf bag scan is less that it looks. After you check in at the ticket counter, your checked bags go on the conveyor belt and you bring your golf bag over to the scanner. Once there, you hand it to the TSA Agent and you are done. I've never waited there for any results, and I've never worried about locking my travel bag (it has had a TSA check paper in it each time I've flown). I certainly wouldn't worry about arriving at the airport any earlier than you normally would.

Saturday Foursomes
JB - who?
Deuce - met at the HHI
Coers - haven't met, but fellow Cleveland/Srixon staffer
MikeDean441 - met at the CTI and HHI

Mward - my MC Captain and met in Lake Charles
fupresti - haven't met, but MC Teammate
mmaynard11 - met and played in a Friday round in Hilton Head
ThreeBoysDad - met at the HHI

Golf4Life - met and played two rounds at the TM Ultimate Testing
Sparksjr - haven't met
TNTCigarGuy - met at the Gauntlet
Troyefl - met at the Gauntlet and HHI

Texasbrons - met and shared a Sunday round at the TM Ultimate Testing
GolfinFF - met at the HHI
kenh - met and shared a round at the CTI
Erky - met at the HHI

Niteowl03 - met at the Gauntlet
dhartmann34 - haven't met
Just_Hacking - met at the TM Ultimate Testing
Certifi_able - haven't met
Pairings look great. There are only a few guys attending that I haven't met yet. This will be fun to follow.

I'm shooting to sub 90's and will do it before I leave ohio

Yea, we're flying from Bradley. I'm familiar with the airport but have never taken a golf bag on a plane. Once time I was passing through, the TSA guys were hand-inspecting club bags for a group that was apparently headed for some sort of outing.

If they have to unpack and repack my bag I'm going to worry about the safety of some of my stuff as it's a snug fit. I'll probably take the advice of some other posts I've seen here and take the head off of my driver and put it in my carryon.

I've met all but 5 I believe

Wife booked herself an extra lesson next week in advance of the event. This might be interesting.

Pairings look great. There are only a few guys attending that I haven't met yet. This will be fun to follow.

I've met all but 5 I believe

I'm a THP event virgin so I will get to meet all of you for the first time. Nothing like breaking me in with a round with THP greats Mike Dean, JB and Deuce. Can't freaking wait for this!!!!

My wife and I have no chance of winning, but we are a shoe in for a good time. If we break a hundred I will be happy.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Seems everyone says they have no chance.....let's go gents! Some of these significant others may surprise you!

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

We will break 90, thats a given, its the 82 number im gunning for

I figure if we don't break 85, I didn't do my job.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Were gonna get a 59 guaranteed!

Front 9? JK
I am going in to the event just looking to have a good time w/ some great THPers. If we happen to score well, that would be a bonus.

Front 9? JK
I am going in to the event just looking for a good time w/ some great THPers. If we happen to score well, that would be a bonus.

Haha you never no. Got a hot date with the wife Wednesday night at the golf course. She played in high school and some in college so hopefully it all comes back.

Haha you never no. Got a hot date with the wife Wednesday night at the golf course. She played in high school and some in college so hopefully it all comes back.

Well you've got a huge leg up on the majority, That's a strong resume!

Back