Big Break Florida (Spoilers)

It was really starting to freak me out how she chokes up 1/2 way down the grip.

Can't believe Sadena got beat by Mark last night. Sadena definitely has the most game although Renee is looking pretty strong as of late and has a really solid short game.

Did anyone else catch the female announcer when she said...

"The 3 most dreaded words in golf...Still your turn"

Uh no it's "You're still away" but good try lol

Or you're still out. I caught it but she's not a golfer or a golf reporter so I wouldn't expect her to know much. With the quality of this season and them bringing in an outside yahoo sports reporter for her looks I'm wondering if this show has jumped the shark and is soon a thing of the past. Hope not, as I've enjoyed the series overall from the beginning.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Or you're still out. I caught it but she's not a golfer or a golf reporter so I wouldn't expect her to know much. With the quality of this season and them bringing in an outside yahoo sports reporter for her looks I'm wondering if this show has jumped the shark and is soon a thing of the past. Hope not, as I've enjoyed the series overall from the beginning.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Yeah I couldn't remember exactly how she worded it, but when I heard it I laughed. Worst part is you can tell she was trying to be witty about it. I agree tho that this season is pretty poor. Probably the worst I can remember. The NFL one was too gimmicky and this season is just weak. I think they need to switch up and get away from all the challenges. I'd like to see a season where everyone has to play 3 holes. Par 3,4,5 whoever cards the worst score goes home. Would be nice to see them just play golf for once.

Really thinking this season, that the reasoning for all of the short game stuff, is perhaps that the disparity in the distances off the tee of the players sort of handcuffed the production team.

Maybe they figured 150 yards and in would make it more fair, or more even, for everyone on the show.

I never thought of it this way, but I think it makes A LOT of sense. Especially after seeing Fiama supposedly smoke one and it only getting out there 208.

Wondering if there is going to be an opportunity to play your way back into the game again?

If not, my guess on the win is Renee. Really flying under the radar lately.

Wondering if there is going to be an opportunity to play your way back into the game again?

If not, my guess on the win is Renee. Really flying under the radar lately.

Renee keeps winning immunity so she only gets 15 min of air time per show lol.

Wow thats shocker! Oh well not exciting to watch now

Sent from my SGH-I257M using Tapatalk

I never thought of it this way, but I think it makes A LOT of sense. Especially after seeing Fiama supposedly smoke one and it only getting out there 208.

Now that I think about, this season has really avoided the driver and long game. With the exception of the first? episode, there hasn't been a distance challenge that I can remember. Even the "driver" challenge only required the players to hit it 210 in the fairway. That is clearly a concession to the shorter hitters.

I also think the producers picked the holes for the two-hole elimination between Mary and Sadena with distance in mind. The par 4 was so short that Sadena hit a 3-wood and still only had 106 into the pin. The other hole is a par 3. I think if they played a long par 4 or 5, Sadena wins that elimination easily.

Last edited:
Shocker there, I'm pulling for Fiamma or Renee now. Really, anyone but Mark. Thought the putting in the elim would bode poorly for Mark, but she got her misses out in the immunity challenge.

Now that I think about, this season has really avoided the driver and long game. With the exception of the first? episode, there hasn't been a distance challenge that I can remember. Even the "driver" challenge only required the players to hit it 210 in the fairway. That is clearly a concession to the shorter hitters.

I also think the producers picked the holes for the two-hole elimination between Mary and Sedena with distance in mind. The par 4 was so short that Sedena hit a 3-wood and still only had 106 into the pin. The other hole is a par 3. I think if they played a long par 4 or 5, Sedena wins that elimination easily.

I couldn't agree more. I definitely think they're trying to level the playing the field by taking distance out of it.

Why take the distance out of the show when distance is needed to be on the lpga? I mean how could fiamma be at all competitive hitting her tee shots 210 yards?

No matter the outcome of the challenges, I would assume in the finale it will come down to 18 holes of golf (man I really hope it does).

Reneé is still in. #reasontowatch

Why take the distance out of the show when distance is needed to be on the lpga? I mean how could fiamma be at all competitive hitting her tee shots 210 yards?

That is something that will definitely come into play at least on the final episode. Honestly, I agree with them making most of the shots within 150 yards, or at distances where everyone can hit the green. Playing a small sample size of holes puts the shorter hitter at a big disadvantage. Let's say they play a long par 4 and a long par 5 as 2 elimination holes and assume it is a player like Fiamma vs. a player that is 40+ yards further. IF the longer hitter hits both fairways, that puts Fiamma at a distinct disadvantage. That could be her hitting a hybrid into the green and her competitor hitting a wedge. Now, both Mary and Sadena have shown they are not the straightest hitters, so their lack of accuracy would even out over 18 holes, but it may not even be a factor in a 2-3 hole playoff. With that said, driving the ball is obviously a huge part of the game and Fiamma would need to hit the ball a bit farther to be competitive in the long run at the next level.

I just snotted all over my keyboard at the vision of DanGreg getting beat down by Mark...I mean Mary

Had to find the quote that began the phenomonon

Sadena shanks one and now we're going to have to listen to Mark go on and on about she took out Sadena. Looking forward to that... :bulgy-eyes:

Really, other than the first 2 episodes Renee may have played the most solid golf of anybody on the show....even Sadena had looked less than stellar in the previous couple of episodes.

My conspiracy theory:

If I put my producer's hat on, Sadena winning would have been bad for the show, especially if she steamrolled everyone. So as a producer, I want to keep Mary because she's an instigator and "life" of the show (whether you like her or not). Mary's antagonist is Jackie so it would be imperative to keep her on the show to ensure the fight.

I want to keep Fiamma because she's the blonde, skinny, traditionally "hot" golfer that Big Break puts front and center on the show. (Where they find these girls, I'll never know.)

That leaves Renee and Sadena. If I am truly cynical, I believe the producers structured it so Renee would survive. She's attractive, modest, soft (explained below), and if I'm hyper-cynical, white.

The outlier is Sadena. First, she is a black woman. Second, she is aggressive and strong, but not an instigator like Mary. Rather, she is quiet and focused, something that typically doesn't play well on reality tv. Further, she is not traditionally attractive; she's more hardened athlete than model or party girl. (Although if you notice, the producers softened up her look extensively compared to the beginning of the show.)

Hopefully, I am completely wrong about this and the challenges weren't structured to the other girls' strengths and to Sadena's detriment. I really want to be wrong here, but I would be naive to think the producers only care about the best golfers, and not what would play best to the Big Break audience.

While I think it's edited to portray whatever the producer wants I'd like to believe the format is set ahead of filming. So, I don't buy any conspiracy theories.

My point about trying to help the shorter hitters is that IF the show were about trying to find the best golfer/ one that had the best chance of being successful on the LPGA they wouldn't try and make it even for everyone. Afterall there is an expected criteria that one should meet to be competitive. If you can't meet that criteria (length) you should be off the show cause you wouldn't make it at the next level anyway. It's kinda like putting a 10 capper on thier and catering to make them make it far. What's the point you know they likely won't make it.

Back