I've got a big birthday coming up soon

Kevin, all good suggestions out there. If you end up doing RTJ, let me know if you need a fourth!

Happy Birthday man!

JM

How about a trip to the mountains somewhere, you can do some fly fishing, relaxing, and play a couple mountain courses.

I've played all three courses at both the Prattville and Greenville courses on the RTJ trail and would recommend them, or any of the RTJ courses for any occasion. It might not be as special as playing a big name bucket list course, but you could play several rounds at different locations on the trail for the same price. The only downside is that other than the Birmingham and Mobile courses there isn't much else to do in the areas.

RTJ Trail for you and have a 1 day THP mini get together, that would be awesome!

A trip to play a bucket list course sounds like a great time.....I would probably take Freddie up on the offer to play TPC Sawgrass....but then I have always wanted to play there too.

I don't have a suggestion since they been pretty well covered, but I can say happy upcoming birthday! I'm sure you'll find some great way to celebrate.

A Walker -- all tricked up with flames and spinners and such. :Alien.

Why not take a trip somewhere awesome?

Kevin. I know you will be in Pinehurst for a couple weeks for the open. But for my 50th my fiancé treated me to a solo trip there. Included a round of golf and a short game lesson with Eric Alpenfels their director of instruction.

I wanted to go by myself believe it or not. I had just come off a long and exhausting project at work. And every other buddy trip to Pinehurst had been non stop golf usually 36 a day and card games late into the night.

I wanted to be able to go and just take it all in walk the village. I set up a stop in and meet with my favorite author James Dodson (Final Rounds). It was a great weekend.

Just an out of the box idea. But it worked for me at that time.

Kev

Lots of good ideas here! When is your birthday exactly?

I've got a big birthday coming up soon

May 13.

I appreciate all the ideas too. My son recommended a trip to Nashville later in the summer. Stop in and visit SeeMore since we couldn't get into the Extravaganza due to timing. I chuckled and asked if his motives were pure.

If it's a big birthday, don't buy a gadget, do something that's an experience. Studies show that experiences are always better remembered than stuff.

If it's a big birthday, don't buy a gadget, do something that's an experience. Studies show that experiences are always better remembered than stuff.

Boom. Cant argue with science.

I want this now.

Lol those are badass! Price point is a little rough at $4100. That would be a blast though.

I know if I was sure my old knees and back would handle it I would find a way to own one! I think it would be a total kick in the pants.

May 13.

I appreciate all the ideas too. My son recommended a trip to Nashville later in the summer. Stop in and visit SeeMore since we couldn't get into the Extravaganza due to timing. I chuckled and asked if his motives were pure.

Well, regardless of what you end up doing - we will play a round this month for your birthday - on me! I still owe you for the awesome THP Sligo shirt you gave to me!

I like bucket list course or a trip to do anything you have always wanted to do doesn't have to involve golf. Go out west with Lee, find a cabin in the mountains and don't leave for the weekend.

You could get yourself a custom golf bag if you wanted something golf related, that tracked your military career.

May 13.

Love that Kids thinking!

Seems my wife read this!

Happy birthday, man! Ive got one towards the end of May myself. Looking to update the golf wardrobe hopefully. Looks like you have already been taken care of though!

Ryder Cup Tickets!

Whatever you decide on, get a couple or few or more pairs of good, comfortable golf shoes to take along to keep the tootsies happy.

Back