Bridgestone J40 Fairway Woods and Hybrids

Thanks to Canadan I was able to put the j40 5w with diamana d+ in play today. Hit it really well. So much that that 5w will get in my MC bag in that exact setup. The head sets up square and I love the look. The sound coming off the face is addicting. I can't wait to get back out with it

I'm familiar with that 5w head u have...that exact head I believe. Glad u like it

Thanks to Canadan I was able to put the j40 5w with diamana d+ in play today. Hit it really well. So much that that 5w will get in my MC bag in that exact setup. The head sets up square and I love the look. The sound coming off the face is addicting. I can't wait to get back out with it

Right now the plan for me I'm thinking I'll go 4W the 16* loft. I plan on going 58* and down 4* on each club except instead of going 14* for the strong 3W go 4W.

Right now the plan for me I'm thinking I'll go 4W the 16* loft. I plan on going 58* and down 4* on each club except instead of going 14* for the strong 3W go 4W.

I'm pondering a 3+/5w combo or a 4w and more wedges. Right now I'm leaning for the 3+/5. So far I'm really enjoying the 5w, so easy to get it airborne and flies so well for me. Curious what different shafts will do.

Glad you're enjoying it my friend!!

I'm pondering a 3+/5w combo or a 4w and more wedges. Right now I'm leaning for the 3+/5. So far I'm really enjoying the 5w, so easy to get it airborne and flies so well for me. Curious what different shafts will do.

Yeah I plan on going with 4 wedges PW,AW,SW,LW so that'll leave 1 hybrid and 1 fairway. Which is why I think the 16* 4W would be the best for me.

Yeah I plan on going with 4 wedges PW,AW,SW,LW so that'll leave 1 hybrid and 1 fairway. Which is why I think the 16* 4W would be the best for me.

Used to game a 4 wedge setup 46,50,55,60. Went to a 46,52,58 and it has opened up a lot of options at the top of the bag. For ex, driver, 3w, 5w and 21° hybo. Then 4-pw

Used to game a 4 wedge setup 46,50,55,60. Went to a 46,52,58 and it has opened up a lot of options at the top of the bag. For ex, driver, 3w, 5w and 21° hybo. Then 4-pw

My setup last year was 44/49/54/60, but I'm realizing more and more that I rarely use my 60*. I'm debating a 46/50/54 or 46/52/58 wedge options which does open up a 2 woods and 2 hybrids. So many options just has my head swimming.

Aside from one very strange button hook, I hit my j40 extremely well today. There are two holes in my course where having a draw or fade as an option off the tee, 220+ but too long for a driver, and I really need my 3 wood to perform to have easily shots in the green. (they dogleg, so misses straight or the wrong way turn a wedge into a 7/6/5 iron).

I'm debating moving my Oban Devotion 8 series into it to see how it handles the heavier shaft. I love the idea of a bit lower launch and a bit more control, as I use it for a driver replacement that needs to hit fairways.

Aside from one very strange button hook, I hit my j40 extremely well today. There are two holes in my course where having a draw or fade as an option off the tee, 220+ but too long for a driver, and I really need my 3 wood to perform to have easily shots in the green. (they dogleg, so misses straight or the wrong way turn a wedge into a 7/6/5 iron).

I'm debating moving my Oban Devotion 8 series into it to see how it handles the heavier shaft. I love the idea of a bit lower launch and a bit more control, as I use it for a driver replacement that needs to hit fairways.

Any more thoughts on moving the Devo over brother man?

Any more thoughts on moving the Devo over brother man?

You know? I think about this every day, just haven't made the move. The Devo 8 is crazy stout, and I know it, but it's exactly what I want for my 3 wood that I use predominately for tee balls.

I'm curious to try and find a similar weight and profile in some of the options given to us by Bridgestone this year. I'm really really excited about the potential there.

Thanks Jman. Now I get to read through this entire thread once again.

Hmmm wonder if this is Team THP tactics...#lackofsleep

You know? I think about this every day, just haven't made the move. The Devo 8 is crazy stout, and I know it, but it's exactly what I want for my 3 wood that I use predominately for tee balls.

I'm curious to try and find a similar weight and profile in some of the options given to us by Bridgestone this year. I'm really really excited about the potential there.

Very interesting, I'm really really curious to see what route you end up going.

Thanks Jman. Now I get to read through this entire thread once again.

Hmmm wonder if this is Team THP tactics...#lackofsleep

Hahahaha, nah dude, I can say this though, the fairways and hybos are 100% legit!

Very interesting, I'm really really curious to see what route you end up going.

It's such a toss up right now. I'm confident for my driver, so do I add weight and go to the AD-Di 8x in the 14* knowing that it would be an excellent pairing?

Do I check out the head + AD-MT?

So many great options, but what I love is that it will be packaged in such a fun to hit head. Solid contact is so crazy audible with the j40. Fantastic pure strike sound.

It's such a toss up right now. I'm confident for my driver, so do I add weight and go to the AD-Di 8x in the 14* knowing that it would be an excellent pairing?

Do I check out the head + AD-MT?

So many great options, but what I love is that it will be packaged in such a fun to hit head. Solid contact is so crazy audible with the j40. Fantastic pure strike sound.

It's a sound I've become very familiar with...watching you hit bombs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Hahahaha, nah dude, I can say this though, the fairways and hybos are 100% legit!

This is so true. I've got a J40 4 hybo with a PX 6.0 shaft and I LOVE it. I just don't feel like I can even hit a bad shot with it, and it's got a nice mid ball flight with good distance too. Still debating a little between a 5W and 2h, but leaning 2h because I love their hybrids.

I am getting more solid with my 4h, maybe my go to see shot for short par 4's. The sound is music to my ears. Great product

Sent from my SGH-I257M using Tapatalk

The 4H is still one of my favorite clubs. 190 all day that can be stretched out a little if necessary. As long as I don't try to steer it the results are usually solid.

The 5w with ahina!!! Fairway finder for me. It doesnt hurt that I'm hitting this about 260 avg off the tee.

That's huge Kang! Are you getting good roll?

Definitely good roll. But launch and carry is nice as well. I would have never tried ahina with j40 heads thinking low spin head and low spin shaft would kill my distance. Shows how much I know lol

Definitely good roll. But launch and carry is nice as well. I would have never tried ahina with j40 heads thinking low spin head and low spin shaft would kill my distance. Shows how much I know lol

Is your spin that low? For many it's trouble, but for people like me, who spin too much, it is seriously welcomed!

Is your spin that low? For many it's trouble, but for people like me, who spin too much, it is seriously welcomed!

Dont have spin numbers off the FWs but 10.5 driver and ahina right at about 2500 with 10 to 11 degree launch

Dont have spin numbers off the FWs but 10.5 driver and ahina right at about 2500 with 10 to 11 degree launch

Just about perfect eh? Awesome.

I really want to move this Oban Devotion 8 series into my j40 14* -- I have a feeling it would be an excellent combination for me.

Just about perfect eh? Awesome.

I really want to move this Oban Devotion 8 series into my j40 14* -- I have a feeling it would be an excellent combination for me.

Better do it now!

Back