Wilson Staff Vizor Level 2 Putter Review Thread

Hawk

Master Painter
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
The second generation I-Lock Technology engineered for the Wilson Staff Vizor Level 2 putters improves alignment by ensuring the golfer's eyes are positioned directly over the line of the putt and guiding a more consistent putting stroke.

The Vizor Level 2 M1 is a blade style option with the shaft attached closer to the heel and with a plumber hosel.

Those of you familiar with the original Vizor putter may like to know that it's now available in four different headshapes (rather than the original, which only came in one). Three of the new shapes are mallets, but there is one 'blade-style' putter in the series called the M1, which is the model we'll be testing. I say 'blade style' because, as you'll see, there is a rather large appendage on the putter which is the main technology piece called I-Lock.

I-LOCK TECHNOLOGY
I-Lock Technology provides a visual reminder when the eyes are over the target line for a more consistent setup, alignment and stroke. It is easy to understand and transfer from the practice green to the course.

I-Lock is basically a way to make sure you are over the target line, with the cut-out in the putter showing black when you are set up correctly. Of course, that assumes your putting style is to be directly over the ball. If so, it's a great visual reference.

The insert is made of urethane and has a unique sound/feel to it. Unique can be a loaded word, but in this case it's not. It's just unique and pretty easy on the ears.

Anyway, stay tuned for thoughts as they come.

DSCN4707-L.jpg

DSCN4699-L.jpg

DSCN4700-L.jpg

DSCN4702-L.jpg

(white would show with incorrect alignment)
DSCN4706-L.jpg

Looks interesting. How does that head feel hawk? Bulky? It's definitely a unique head shape. I'll be interested to see how this review shakes out

• Staff
Looks interesting. How does that head feel hawk? Bulky? It's definitely a unique head shape. I'll be interested to see how this review shakes out

Yea, it's different for sure. It's not heavy at all though. I actually had some success with it, but in terms of personal preference it's not exactly what I look for.

Why am I always intrigued by ugly putters?

Yea, it's different for sure. It's not heavy at all though. I actually had some success with it, but in terms of personal preference it's not exactly what I look for.

I hope that Wilson delves into their putter line a bit at #PersonalDistance. I would love to hear their line of thinking on stuff. They have an interesting lineup.

Here's some eye-candy for you..

The other three models in the line.
visor-level-2-model-2-back

visor-level-2-model-3-back

visor-level-2-model-4-back

Wow.

I think each of those would fit me quite well.

Interested to hear and see more on these.

Saw these at the PGA Super Store this past weekend. Had their older line (the 888 series) putters on discount. Honestly, I think it should have been reversed. These Vizor putters looks more like the cheap Wilson lines than the top of the line stuff it's supposed to be.

This is, IMO, the one area that Wilson really needs to improve on. And when I say "improve" I mean go to a classic line up.

Because if it looks THAT bad, maybe they are on to something?

I like ugly putters, mainly because often times they help me align me putt and watch them drop!

I'm not ashamed to admit that I would roll any of those. The mallet shape works for that alignment design.

That blade is so hideous looking that I actually like it. The design definitely seems to flow better with the mallets, but if the alignment works, I'd roll any one of them.

Interesting concept for sure, but that first mallet looks extremely good to me. I REALLY like the look of that thing.

Those are hella trippy looking. The insert is crazy interesting. Really wonder how urethane would feel and sound. Definitely unique. I'll have to watch to find one of these somewhere to hit.

Very interesting look there, really like the allignment factor.

Sent from my SGH-I257M using Tapatalk

Mallets look great. They're similar to my beloved DART.

Interesting concept from W/S. Those first to mallets look great, id give them a go.

An interesting look for sure, I'm curious how the visual aid will work and how the insert will react.

An interesting look for sure, I'm curious how the visual aid will work and how the insert will react.

The visual aid appears to work fine for the intended purpose, but again - you have to be a person that wants his/her eyes directly over the target line. What I found was that at 34" (length I'm testing) not only requires that, but you have to have the lie angle correct too. Because the putter is shorter than optimal for me, to get the line squared up I actually had to drop my hands more.

The blade is gross. The mallets look pretty cool though. Looking forward to more thoughts and live action.

Awesome pics, Hawk! Some interesting designs here. I'm always changing my mind on what putters look good or bad to my eye.

With a proper fitting and adjustment, I can easily see how the concept might help with alignment.
The look would certainly take some getting used to though... especially that of the blade.
Of course the same thing was said by many people when the 2 ball putters were released, and it's safe to say they have done well.

Also, knowing how well I rolled the 888 series putters that I've tried, maybe this will allow me to pick up one of those for a steal of a deal.

I'm with you War, always intrigued by these crazy looking mallets.

That last CS one posted attracts me the most.

Back