TaylorMade Ghost Spider Si Putter Review Thread

I mentioned this as well. How was the end result of the putt? Short and right I would expect.

I had a couple of off green putts on Saturday and I had no issues. I'm playing Thursday with Akrobby, I will definitely test it out then.

Using Tapatalk

I'm kind of new to putter inserts, and I seem to leave putts a little short. Is this just me?

I'm kind of new to putter inserts, and I seem to leave putts a little short. Is this just me?

I wouldn't expect leaving it short be based on the insert. I haven't been leaving many putts short with the Spider Si.

I wouldn't expect leaving it short be based on the insert. I haven't been leaving many putts short with the Spider Si.

Plus one on this, I rarely miss short now and when I do they're long.

Using Tapatalk

So today I was able to put what I feel the most important part of putter to test...the grip.

Today's round consisted of nothing but wet conditions. The rain was coming down from the 1st tee until just now. As you can expect the grip was destined to get wet. However to my surprise I felt in complete control and connected to the grip. Not once did I find my hand slipping or gripping the putter tighter. A huge plus IMO. When wiped down with a dry towel the grip for the most part was dry.

So today I was able to put what I feel the most important part of putter to test...the grip.

Today's round consisted of nothing but wet conditions. The rain was coming down from the 1st tee until just now. As you can expect the grip was destined to get wet. However to my surprise I felt in complete control and connected to the grip. Not once did I find my hand slipping or gripping the putter tighter. A huge plus IMO. When wiped down with a dry towel the grip for the most part was dry.

This is good stuff. Many times grips like the taylormade putter grips can get almost mushy when wet. And personally, that drives me nuts. So this is great to hear. After seeing CJ use this in person and reading some of these reviews, this putter certainly has my attention

Played Championsgate International course this morning with Akrobby ( great guy more on that in another thread).

I had 31 putts today. 15 on the front 9 and.16 on the back. I had 6 one putts and only one three jack.

Speed was great when putting from the green.

As for putting from the fringe and chutting I did that a few time today and didn't have any experience with the teeth getting caught in the rough, however I don't think the course is set up to have that issue. I have a pic below:

3uvu9u8e.jpg

Let me know if you have any questions.

Using Tapatalk

Well I am happy to say I was selected as one of the Twitter Winners of this putter from Taylormade. Can't wait to try it out.

This is good stuff. Many times grips like the taylormade putter grips can get almost mushy when wet. And personally, that drives me nuts. So this is great to hear. After seeing CJ use this in person and reading some of these reviews, this putter certainly has my attention

Definitely no mushy feel. I was really impressed as with my other putter I am constantly having to dry off the grips.

Got this in the bag on the golf trip; poor weather in IL last week has kept me off the course but have 3 days golf trip now to get it back in play.

I continue to be impressed by this putter.
During yesterdays round I had an amazing 15 putts with one 3 jack!
I had a one putt streak of 4 holes, making putts of 22, 8,11, and 6 feet.

The confidence I have right now over my putter is really something!
I am taking note of my opponents putts coming off the face, and comparing it to my own putts, and the way my putts come off the pure roll face is noticeable.

Yesterday I also had the opportunity to putt with a wet grip, and as others had mentioned this grip is pretty solid while wet.

To rehash some early concerns I had about going from a blade putter to a mallet, and the apprehension I had about this testing, I am relieved to say I was wrong about
my fears of going with a mallet. No the looks may not be for everyone, but the performance of this offering simply speaks for itself!

This Putter flat out gets the ball in the hole!

I've said it, the other testers have said it, give it a try and I am sure you will say it too!

As always if there are any questions, or something you would like us testers to try, please feel free to let us know, and we will try our best to answer your questions.

Thank you once again THP and TaylorMade for the testing opportunity.

I just finished up an hour of putting practice and every time I use this putter I fall in love!

Gate drill, putting to fringe drill, uphill, downhill, side hill , it doesn't matter! This putter shines!

Thank you all for the reviews.
This forum testing is finished.

Thank you all for the reviews.
This forum testing is finished.

Thank you Josh, GG and THP for this awesome opportunity!

Taylormade created an amazing putter in the Ghost Spider Si and it was a privilege to test it for THP.

This is definitely my gamer for the year.

Using Tapatalk

Anyone want to sell me theirs haha?

I would also like to thank THP, and TaylorMade for this testing opportunity.
This testing has really opened up my eyes on this style of putter, I am so glad to have this putter in my bag, I foresee it being there for a long time!

Thank you to the other testers as well for providing your feedback, thanks goes also to the questions asked by the readership of THP, I hope I or the other testers were able to answer your questions.

You testers rocked it!!

I want to thank THP and TaylorMade for hosting these testing opportunities.

I had a great experience testing out my first counter-balance putter. The SpiderSi will definitely be featured in my bag at times this season.

Last but not least if anyone has questions or would like anything to be tested with this putter...please do not hesitate to ask!

Good job testers!

Made a 30 footer from the fringe today, chutted more than my share to reasonable distances to expect to make the putt.

This may be my favorite club right now....

After a week off due to the weather I've had this in the bag for the past few day's of playing on a trip in AZ. I struggled adjusting to the Bermuda greens here but thoughts still hold true; when it came to bringing a putt with me I didn't have to think twice to leave this in the bag. 6-8 footers this putter has really shined for me, and hit a few long puts today as well. Don't see this coming out of the bag anytime soon.

Made a 30 footer from the fringe today, chutted more than my share to reasonable distances to expect to make the putt.

This may be my favorite club right now....

You are a machine with this putter. You just seem to have great success judging speed and distance control from all lengths.

Great to see someone else receive the same success.

Just curious...If I switched out the stock TM grip with a 15" SuperStroke would that dramatically change the counterbalance in this putter?

Tappin' from my Samsung Note 3

Yes, the putter is counterbalanced with the grip.

Back