Nasty Situation today on the course....

You handled the situation just fine. I realize your gf "had your back," but she was a guest at the course and could have let you handle it. Good thing you were smart enough to drive away and not let things escalate between them.

As far as the "old guy," there is no defending his attitude or behavior. Be thankful you didn't have to ride with him for 18 holes!

You handled this like there seems to be far too few of these days - an adult. Good for you.

Sounds like you handled things very well, better than most would have.

I agree with smallville on this one. I would have asked to pair up with the ladies when you caught them. They probably wouldn't have minded and it would have turned 2 groups into one. I've done this a couple of times. I doubt it would really help too much, but every little bit helps.

I think you did well. I would like to think I would have handled it the same. Good job!

I think you did as well as you could have in that situation, some people are just not that good at life.

I think you handled it well. There is not much else you can do when the course is backed up like that. For the old man not to see that is his fault.

After reading your post I think you handled the situation but I don't see it getting beyond what your described.

I actually like it when there is a slow group in front of me. Forces me to slow down an concentrate.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

You were fine. People need to remember that every single person on a public course (and 99% of the people on a private course) aren't getting paid to play. They're paying to play. It is just a recreational activity and therefore should not be taken that seriously. If you're worried about a time window, then you shouldn't be on a golf course, should spring for a private club or play at a weird time.

If there's a jerk like that, I typically let them play through. They'll typically just be belligerent with the next group, but at least I'm hitting into them and not them hitting into me.

Now I know why pro shop guys are surly. :act-up:

All jokes aside, like mski said, this wasn't the first time the young guy had seen this. Sorry you had to endure someone like that.

Kill 'em with kindness. You are better than him. You did the right thing.

You did great.

I find there is a real playground-big show mentality with some people on the golf course. They feel like because they have an audience that putting on a performance like that is somehow more justified. If that guy had of been the single I bet he wouldn't have been behaving that way.

Yeah I agree you handled it well.

Man this seems to be more and more common nowadays, people need to chill the eff out.

Heck on Sunday I saw 7 guys throwing golf balls at each other on the course from 1 green to the next tee box and back

Imagine if the guy was trying to get around quick because the course gave refunds for finishing under a certain time.

I hate it when stuff like this happens on the course. Having tension in the air does not help my golf game.

You did the same thing I would have done. Similar thing happened to me last weekend playing by myself with my pregnant wife riding along just to get some fresh air. Playing alone, somewhat slow groups in front but not too bad. Single guy behind me also. He was acting impatient and I asked several times if he wanted to join us, he declined. Like somebody said, some people are just not good at life, let alone etiquette or manners. You kept your cool, no reason to fight an angry old man lol

Anytime I have the "pleasure" of having an encounter with people like that I always make sure to tell them to "Keep spreading that sunshine" as I am finishing the conversation.

Simple answer... ONE

...TWO...

...PIECE !! :act-up: No..you did well.

There's absolutely no need to be hostile. You attempted to be respectful and he put on the clown shoes.

Only thing differently I would do would be to call the pro shop and ask someone to drive out and tell him to learn some manners or refund my money.
QFT Dan!

Back