The Official Rory McIlroy Thread

Best of luck to the two of them. Marriage is an incredible journey with a great partner.

Happy for him, plus this way it makes it easier for me not to pick him for tournaments when the THP Fantasy Golf kicks off, since he'll be focused on tennis and getting married all things not golf related.

Judging by his game on the course, which is his job, he's trending in the right direction. I have no problem taking a guy who finished the year with a win.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Judging by his game on the course, which is his job, he's trending in the right direction. I have no problem taking a guy who finished the year with a win.

I did say I was happy for him. You are correct that his game is trending in the right direction. However I need to see some more consistency from him before I would rely on him like I did in 2012.

Using Tapatalk

Congrats to Rors and Caroline. I am a big Rory fan and looking forward to his play in 2014.

Rory looks to be swinging quite well in Abu Dhabi

May as well, they get the credit when he's playing bad.

Even with the double it was a great round for Rory today, superb back nine.

Rory officially 3 shots back. Assessed a two stroke penalty after the round.

Do you know what for?

Believe it was over a drop. They're going to have an explanation on Morning Drive after this commercial break

Ends up being improper drop. Took relieve from a cart path, but didn't take full relieve because his feet were still on the cart path as he hit the ball.

I still haven't seen it but it ends up costing him a win. Ouch!! Hoping he is gonna play this well all year.

Cost him in the end unfortunately.

Great to see him and lefty put some scores together, hopefully setting the tone for the year.

Rory is starting the year off playing pretty well, his swing looks really good with the irons but something's a miss with the driver. Swing or club?

Rory is starting the year off playing pretty well, his swing looks really good with the irons but something's a miss with the driver. Swing or club?

What looks wrong with the driver?

I don't know but he's hitting around 40% of fairways.

Listening to Rory during his press conference today he seems quite real and honest and was very thoughtful and deliberate in his comments

He's swinging so well but just can't put 4 good rounds together it seems. Hopefully he figures it out.

Watch Rors go out and win at Pinehurst now..

Yep and the sports bookies are setting up wagers on who the next lady will be.

No more Wozilroy?!?!? Oh nooooo lol.

I hate hearing this, mostly because I could careless about pro's personal lives and now this will be prolonged by the media.

Back