The Official Rory McIlroy Thread

I’m going to guess new irons. I think odds are on driver though…or maybe wedges

what if he became a free agent? i wonder how much tm gear would still be in his bag, and whether any other oems would edge out tm clubs. didn't callaway make him some proto irons before he signed with tm?

what if he became a free agent? i wonder how much tm gear would still be in his bag, and whether any other oems would edge out tm clubs. didn't callaway make him some proto irons before he signed with tm?
I don’t think he’d be a free agent. Someone would happily pay him if he wanted to jump ship

Rory leaving TM seems like a crazy outcome, but who knows, crazier things have happened in equipment, does anyone know the length of his deal?

I guess it was just a shaft length change. Sounded like it was something much bigger though......
Golf Channel is reporting he’s shortened his driver. I don’t recall if they said how much he’s shortened it.

Rory leaving TM seems like a crazy outcome, but who knows, crazier things have happened in equipment, does anyone know the length of his deal?
I believe he recently signed either a 5 or 10 year deal

Golf Channel is reporting he’s shortened his driver. I don’t recall if they said how much he’s shortened it.

this would be the webster definition of a nothing burger

get rid of the sight line and that thing is darn near perfect

i also saw where he's putting a sim2+ 5w in the bag.

really doesn't seem like these bag changes were anything to get excited about.

I was thinking the same thing.. though that putter does look good. It always seems like him switching back to a blade style putter is short lived

blasphemor!!!

Sight line is perfect!

blasphemor!!!

Sight line is perfect!
On a blade. I do like no sight line. But if there is one, on the top of the blade is best.

Make it a dot and

Make it a dot and

Like this one?
TigerBackUp4angles.jpg

All these beautiful putters just molested with dots and lines. A sad state of affairs lol.

I've been asking this in the WGC thread, but haven't gotten any feedback. Certainly doesn't seem to have hurt his ability to bomb it.

I've been asking this in the WGC thread, but haven't gotten any feedback. Certainly doesn't seem to have hurt his ability to bomb it.
Half an inch. 44” now.

Apparently using Stealth 2 again.
Even more interesting. I'd like to hear some comments from him on this. Seems like it would have been the same length shaft (or even and identical one) that he had in the older driver.

I start losing a few mph once I go above a certain length.
Just due to the feel of the club, or the actual force it takes to swing it?

Just due to the feel of the club, or the actual force it takes to swing it?

More comfortable, more control, more confidence. All that adds up to being able to swing free and just let it go.

Back