THP Handicap Watch & Update Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Total BS

Im a 12.2, Jb an 8 so thats 20ish

You are a 3.8 and Beags is 5.2 so thats 9

We should get 11 instead of 9!

haha 100% handicap in a team format... Good luck to anyone gullible enough to take that bet, short of maybe on alt-shot.

haha 100% handicap in a team format... Good luck to anyone gullible enough to take that bet, short of maybe on alt-shot.

Was more to prove a point

11 is crazy, 0 is ludicrous, good ol middle is fair, depending on format of course

Was more to prove a point

11 is crazy, 0 is ludicrous, good ol middle is fair, depending on format of course

Probably good for a new threadscussion... What percentage of combined handicap should be applied in a team based game. 100% is drunken madness.

9... You guys get zero from now on if Beags and I play you two and you like it!

In typical little person fashion.
Have to play with the handicap.
Not my fault you guys wont live up to yours...hehe
I kid I kid...

Probably good for a new threadscussion... What percentage of combined handicap should be applied in a team based game. 100% is drunken madness.

I look forward to that 'threadscussion'. After talking with my friends about the formats @ #TheKing, I have them getting their GolfLogix HDCPs and now they don't want to go off of HDCPs, only strokes like we used to.

I kid I kid...

Yeah yeah..

Here's how that goes. Mike Dean begs for 11, gets 8. Mike Dean shoots 82. What the heck just happened lol

I kid I kid...

Bazinga!!

Nobody really does 100% in team format. In Best Ball, everybody plays off the low. In combined or some sort of team, its either 50% or 75%. Most of the time in what I have played in, its 75%.

I think what honestly messes it up is when the higher handicap gets strokes (which I don't really have a problem with, it's just fun to complain about giving Mike Dean 20 strokes more than he really needs) the lower handicap always wound up getting them too. It's like Freddie pairing up with a mid teens handicap and then getting strokes. Uh, no. That is not fair.

I think what honestly messes it up is when the higher handicap gets strokes (which I don't really have a problem with, it's just fun to complain about giving Mike Dean 20 strokes more than he really needs) the lower handicap always wound up getting them too. It's like Freddie pairing up with a mid teens handicap and then getting strokes. Uh, no. That is not fair.

It's fair if I am the mid teens handicap who Freddie is paired up with! hehe

Down a hair from 24.9 to 24.8. Going in the right direction, I just need to stick to what I've been working on.

Down a hair to 14.5.

Not a whole lot of rounds in this year (4) and went the wrong way. 16.3 to 16.8. Always darkest before dawn. Lax season is over now, time for after work rounds. Also have a trip coming up in two weeks and a tournament the Saturday before. That'll be 6 rounds and I should have it all sorted out by then.

Tapping away on my Galaxy 2 Note

GHIN is currently at 11.4 thanks in part to a really solid round this week. I only have 6 rounds on record for April thanks to the weather but I'm OK with where I stand.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

After a round of 88 down in Florida, the revision came and I went from 12.5 to 12.2. Only a couple rounds in 2014 so far, but I'm trending downward and excited about what my practice is doing for my game.

I had an humiliating round of 105 saturday with O'Carroll and Ddec for my first meet with THPers, but to my surprise, this is making my handicap go down by 0.3... down to 15.8.

Mine will be trending up after this weekend. The rust is coming off but slowly. Played 3 brand new courses to me this weekend with interesting results. We played multiple formats so my posting will be unique. Had a VERY ugly 46 for one postable 9. Followed that up with a very solid 41 front 9 on the second 18. Ended with a postable 47 in the third 18. The scores don't reflect my game, but they do reflect some very bad luck and some major issues from 100 yards and in. The good news is that I know how to improve both.

FINALLY righted the ship after an even par round this past Sunday. I've got a -3.1 and a 0.8 about to fall off, but the ten after that are not going to cause my handicap to increase by falling off.

Time to really grind out some good scores to keep it around a 1.0 moving into late May. Current trend is 1.3 despite my index being 1.6 after the last revision.

Let's go low!!!! Goal for May: Red numbers

A couple of 86's so far this week. That is a few stroke north of my index but I have a good handle on what I need to do and now I just need to practice and execute. My iron and short game are really good right now, so I just need to implement the changes I am working on with the putter and play a little smarter from the tee. My index usually climbs at the start of the year so it is to be expected.

If I keep playing like I have been it is bound to go down. Due to busy weekends, I have only been able to play nine hole rounds before work and am putting up good numbers (for me) 46, 47, 48, 47, and 44 are the latest. Par for the nine is 35, so you would think my 32.7 handicap is bound to fall a bit. I will play on Friday and at least twice next week. Doubt I can get out this weekend.

Currently at 16.3.
It has trended up some over the winter. Would like to blame course conditions, but the truth is I've been struggling with my full swing lately, specifically with my irons. I think a posture fix has got me back on track, at least I hope so.
My goal is to be single digit by year end. I realize that is a big jump but that is my goal. I had a string of mid and low 80s right at the end of last year that tells me I can get there. That's also what has kept my handicap from exploding over the last month.
My plan to get there is to improve my short game, specifically my chipping by spending extra time working on that in the practice area and to improve my mid to long irons with some additional focus on them on the range. I can't remember the last time my chipping hasn't cost me at least 3 or 4 shots a round. I have also started chipping more with an 8 iron on shots where I have room to get it rolling. I'm good with my short irons and wedges, but very inconsistent the longer the approach shot gets.

I haven't updated since my initial post. Bad news, the swing issues mentioned above have pushed my index over 17. I haven't broken 90 since that first post. I guess I had slowly but surely picked up some bad habits that finally overcame my hand eye coordination and was just not hitting the ball well.
The good news is I have taken a few lessons to try to get back on track, and have been spending lots of time on the range to implement some posture/hand position/take away changes. It is finally starting to click. Last two range sessions have felt really good and I'm ready to take it back out to the course to see if I can carry over what I'm seeing on the range.
Hopefully I can get this index moving in the right direction again.

I finally have a handicap below 36 ... 35.4! It's a start!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The round today has me trending to 16.9 from 17.1.

Stayed solid at 8.9 but that will be going up soon if I don't turn it around. A few low scores from last year are about to fall off the register.

16.8 trending 15.4.

Things are starting to come together....It's all happening:banana:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back