Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
say James knows putters.

This is strange dude, get that thing checked and make sure maybe it wasn't bent somehow. I don't think going up in length will really help all that much, but thats just me. Maybe if it checks out have them take it to 72* or so to see if that helps because it definitely couls end up being the camber on the sole being a bit different between the two models for you.

I have a ponder, but this is a COMPLETELY fruitless ponder!

#7 Tank Cruiser.

GET OUT OF MY HEAD! It's all I can do not to buy one right freaking now after rolling it in Golfsmith yesterday. I just can't figure out 35 inch vs 38 inch. Seriously, it's an itch that probably will get scratched soon.

I am constantly baffled with the information put out by some people on shafts. From lighter weight means less control, etc. The amount of stuff out there that is just flat out wrong could fill the old encyclopedia britanica volumes.

Pondering a set of Titleist Ap2's.

I am constantly baffled with the information put out by some people on shafts. From lighter weight means less control, etc. The amount of stuff out there that is just flat out wrong could fill the old encyclopedia britanica volumes.

Graphite is a for low swing speeds and to get the ball in the air is another great one.

Kbs tour 90's or just the tours. I think they would play a little similar to my cfs shafts in my g20's. I maybe wrong though. Hell I might even get a set of cfs shafts and put them in there. Lol.

Kbs tour 90's or just the tours. I think they would play a little similar to my cfs shafts in my g20's. I maybe wrong though. Hell I might even get a set of cfs shafts and put them in there. Lol.

The heads are fantastic and I'm testing two shafts in 712 heads and will be almost certainly going AP2 when I switch.

I would highly recommend a fitting for shafts if you've never been through one.

The heads are fantastic and I'm testing two shafts in 712 heads and will be almost certainly going AP2 when I switch.

I would highly recommend a fitting for shafts if you've never been through one.

When I went for a shaft fitting for my G20's in November, my fitter told me to stay cfs shaft or i could play either of the kbs tours. I got better dispersion with the cfs' s so I stayed with them.

The AP2 is a different beast IMO than the G20 from the time I've spent with both. The G serious launches higher and is much easier to get up in the air for most.

The AP2 is a different beast IMO than the G20 from the time I've spent with both. The G serious launches higher and is much easier to get up in the air for most.

I know. I have hit the Ap2 and I didnt really struggle getting the ball in the air. The AP2 just feels so much better.

I agree with the feel being much better with the AP2

What shafts did you hit in them?

I agree with the feel being much better with the AP2

What shafts did you hit in them?

To be honest, I really dont remember. I just picked it up and started hitting it.

Hmm if it was the stock set up it was probably the XP95 shaft and those are super easy to launch IMO

Anyone use one of those clip on pouches for a couple balls and tee's on there bag. Need to get one so I can quit carrying a ball and tee's in my pocket. Search is on for one now.

Anyone use one of those clip on pouches for a couple balls and tee's on there bag. Need to get one so I can quit carrying a ball and tee's in my pocket. Search is on for one now.

I use a couple, actually. Got a nice Callaway one from Dicks SPorting Goods a while back that I love.

hmm interesting, have to swing by and check them out. I am kinda thinking I have one of those Oakley hard cases that have a clip on it. Might see if I can find that and use it.
I use a couple, actually. Got a nice Callaway one from Dicks SPorting Goods a while back that I love.

I am not pondering anything right now but my other half is, she wants a new putter (PING Karsten TR B60). The last 3 times in store she picked up this model and used it but has not pulled the trigger, tomorrow I will surprise her with one . . . just a gift to let her know she is special.

Pondering better golf balls. Playing the DT Solo right now (becuase they are cheap)

Did a Bridgestone online ball fitting and it said the new B-330.

Sadly it is not that easy to find here in Sweden...

Why not Smart Square it up?

I dont think I've ever seen you game a mallet.
I'm so anti mallet and anti insert it isn't funny. And last night I had 13 putts (5 one putts) for my 9 hole round with a SmartSquare that is an inch too long and has a big old fat Winn grip on it that I hate. My last 18 hole round with the Classic 1 I had 39 putts.

Pondering better golf balls. Playing the DT Solo right now (becuase they are cheap)

Did a Bridgestone online ball fitting and it said the new B-330.

Sadly it is not that easy to find here in Sweden...
I was going to suggest going through a live ball fitting in person--until you mentioned Sweden. I was fit into a B330S with the online tool, but then I went through the B-Fitting in person and after answering a few of the guys questions about my miss, and what I like/don't like with my current ball, they put me in the 330RX.

A new putter without an insert on the face. My instructor says the polymer insert on my Nike method core 3i has a hot spot and I should get one that has a consistent, milled surface like a Scotty. Yeah not spending $300 on a putter but the Odyssey versa or tank blades look nice.

That's some interesting info.

That's some interesting info.

Yeah I scratched my head on that one too. But if my miss is towards the toe then I guess an even surface would help with consistent roll?

I can honestly say that is a new one on me.

Yeah I scratched my head on that one too. But if my miss is towards the toe then I guess an even surface would help with consistent roll?

I think you'd find an insert nice in that type of situation. Something like the PING TR or a Versa like you said. At least for consistency across the face.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back