Golf Pride CP2 Wrap Grips - THP Preview

Dan do you see any issues with these grips being installed logo down? I know some grips feel different and give different textures in areas if the logo isn't up.
bumping for Dan's thoughts

Sorry for the delay Dean. I did not install any logo down because of the visual elements on the CP2 wraps. On the other hand, the bottom side of the CP2 wrap would make for a very obvious alignment aid for people who enjoy turning their grips down. The wrap construction is consistent all the way down.

For reference, you can see the top and bottom of each side in the photo below.

20140410_155507-L.jpg

I actually regripped all my irons and woods to the CP2 Pro grip. I was using winn dritac but when it gets we those are terrible. The CP2 Pro is nice, The CP2 Wrap is tackier.

Interesting feel to these grips. I've been able to swing Canadan's clubs a few times with these installed. They are definitely on the softer side but have a really nice feel.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I actually regripped all my irons and woods to the CP2 Pro grip. I was using winn dritac but when it gets we those are terrible. The CP2 Pro is nice, The CP2 Wrap is tackier.

Would you say these are just as soft to the dri Tacs? One reason I like the dri Tacs is the softness and haven't find a grip close to that I like.

My issue has always been the inability of softer grips to take the torque of the swing. If these, in-fact, withstand that torque, they will be on my clubs ...

That's my thought exactly. Can anyone comment on this? It is part of what I have really disliked about the Winns in the past. It's almost like I can feel the grip twisting in my hand. Maybe it is just mental, or maybe it is just that I'm that much of a hack, or maybe my grip pressure is way off, but I really do not like that sensation.

That's part of why I like the Tour Wrap V2. It is tacky yet still has some firmness. For anyone who has played those, how do these compare?

I think the CP2 wrap is notably different from the tour wrap v2, but in many good ways.

It's got a softer rubber which will inherently give it softer feedback in the hands, but in my opinion it holds much like you'd expect a common rubber grip should. That is probably one of my favourite features about the grip.

I also have seen the tour wrap v2 wear down a bit faster for those who really grip hard. From what I've seen and what I've read in this thread, the CP2 wrap wear is quite good.

My irons are currently being re-gripped with the CP2 wrap grip. They felt perfect in the store and the manager told me that they can't keep them in stock. I get them back on Wednesday. I have used Lamkin Crossline grips for the past 10 years and these are the first grip that has been produced that has motivated me to switch to something new. The CP2 are tackier than the Crosslines and the "wrap" grooves provide some extra grip. To me they felt like the best grips I have ever felt. They are still fairly firm while providing some shock absorption. I have never been this excited about grips before.

Good stuff Jimmy.
Let us know how they work for you over time.

I've been on the lookout for a new grip for a while. If these hold up well, these might be my next grips.

Golf Pride CP2 Wrap Grips - THP Preview

I ordered one of each. Plan to put one on my 54 & 6i as those are the clubs I'm using the most. I'll drop back in once I have some feedback ready.

Last edited:
I put these grips into play last weekend and I can honestly say I will never play another grip if given the choice. These are fantastic. The only grip I've played where I didn't feel like it was even there. Soft, tacky and amazing. Put them on my AP1s and have to say that I'm simply blown away.

I've had them on my wedges for a while and really like them. Will be installed on the irons once I get my own shafts!

I put these grips into play last weekend and I can honestly say I will never play another grip if given the choice. These are fantastic. The only grip I've played where I didn't feel like it was even there. Soft, tacky and amazing. Put them on my AP1s and have to say that I'm simply blown away.

Did you go regular or pro?

I just picked up my irons today. All I can say is WOW!! Can you say tacky? They feel great! Can't wait to get them out on the course this week (if it ever stops raining). This sounds cliché but they feel like an extension of my arm. I may have found a new grip for life.
I had a nice 20 year run with my Crosslines but these are amazing!

I like the Taper reduction, as a guy with "T-Rex hands" this could be nice to have.

Going to Golfsmith tonight to get a feel of these.. if I like them, I will probably go ahead and replace my dri-tacs. I love the dri-tacs, but the durability is not great.

Going on the full set tomorrow after the shafts set over night.

Went to Golfsmith Wednesday night to get these - they didn't have them in yet?! :angry:

Dan (and all )

Quick question / worry. I play a standard grip, ( Winn dri tacs ) with no wrap underneath. I have a worry in the back of my mind that with these grips with the less taper, it may lead to some differences in how I hit the ball? I am normally straight, maybe with a slight draw with the irons, with my usual miss being a pull. Is this a valid concern in your opinion(s)?

Same here. I also have them on my AP1's and love them. If they last, probably thinking they will, the serch for MY perfect grip if over.

Set covered in these bad boys. Gloves coming off. First round this weekend.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Dan (and all )

Quick question / worry. I play a standard grip, ( Winn dri tacs ) with no wrap underneath. I have a worry in the back of my mind that with these grips with the less taper, it may lead to some differences in how I hit the ball? I am normally straight, maybe with a slight draw with the irons, with my usual miss being a pull. Is this a valid concern in your opinion(s)?

I can't speak for each individual swing, but that wasn't something I noticed with them at all. I found the taper a bit more noticeable when I choked down on the clubs a bit, but for typical swings, it wasn't something that altered my typical flight.

Is it a fair concern? I think so... But I think it's an awfully personal one -- Maybe get a couple to start and see how they work on your driver and 6 iron before you invest in an entire set?

Would you say these are just as soft to the dri Tacs? One reason I like the dri Tacs is the softness and haven't find a grip close to that I like.

The wrap is close to as soft as a dri tac. It doesn't have that spongy feel though.

Back