Callaway Big Bertha Driver Review

The stock Fubuki stiff matches up well with my swing. I haven't played around with any of the settings, and don't intend to since 13.5* neutral sliding set to 0 seems to work fine. With a nice smooth swing this thing launches perfectly for me and gets out there quite far.

The stock Fubuki stiff matches up well with my swing. I haven't played around with any of the settings, and don't intend to since 13.5* neutral sliding set to 0 seems to work fine. With a nice smooth swing this thing launches perfectly for me and gets out there quite far.

If they made the dang 13.5 head in LH that would be what I was playing but they dont so I have the 10.5 set to +2 and it works just fine.

I'm intrigued by the 13.5* I play the optiforce 10.5 +2 so trying the higher lofted BB head seems logical.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I'm intrigued by the 13.5* I play the optiforce 10.5 +2 so trying the higher lofted BB head seems logical.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I highly recommend you try it then. I had my AMP Cell up to 11.5 and the 13.5 is leaps and bounds better for my swing

I highly recommend you try it then. I had my AMP Cell up to 11.5 and the 13.5 is leaps and bounds better for my swing

Good Lord dude you were killing that 13.5!!!

Awesome info here all! I've been looking at putting down my my training wheels driver (G20 R flex) and going back to s flex and trying a RAZR fit or Black. Sounds like BB is also one to try.

Awesome info here all! I've been looking at putting down my my training wheels driver (G20 R flex) and going back to s flex and trying a RAZR fit or Black. Sounds like BB is also one to try.

Definitely worth a look, SOOOOOO many solid drivers on the market right now.

First experiment at 11.5 did not go well. Was hitting high lazy draws with shorter distance than I had at 10.5. Will give this another try next week when I'm able to golf again. Could have been my swing. Did a bunch of yardwork last night and had quite a bit of soreness to contend with.

Definitely worth a look, SOOOOOO many solid drivers on the market right now.

Can anyone here compare the BB to the razr fit or razr x?

Can anyone here compare the BB to the razr fit or razr x?

Very different than either, especially Razr X. Razr Fit has a similar sound and ball flight, but the Bertha is both more forgiving and more adjustable.

You guys have me really stoked about this driver. I really enjoyed hitting the Big Bertha at a demo day a couple of weeks ago. It felt beastly. There's another demo day in town Sunday and I can't wait to give the BB another try.

You guys have me really stoked about this driver. I really enjoyed hitting the Big Bertha at a demo day a couple of weeks ago. It felt beastly. There's another demo day in town Sunday and I can't wait to give the BB another try.

Coming from an R1, I believe you'll love it. And I was a big TM homer before.

Very different than either, especially Razr X. Razr Fit has a similar sound and ball flight, but the Bertha is both more forgiving and more adjustable.

Thanks JB, do you think the BB is much more longer than the RAZR fit?

Just finished 18. LOVE this club. I hit about 4 shots off the toe and didn't loose a lot of distance. The ones that I hit square were just rockets.

Just finished 18. LOVE this club. I hit about 4 shots off the toe and didn't loose a lot of distance. The ones that I hit square were just rockets.

It really is forgiving. Glad to hear you're loving it!

I absolutely loved the Razr Fit and I think this is a great way of comparing the two. The Bertha's adjustability makes it so much more versatile than the Razr Fit and I definitely see more forgiveness towards the toe, especially with the weight all the way to the toe-side.

They didnt offer the bertha in a xstiff correct? Just the alpha ?

Adam, that's awesome. I love hearing forgiving and rockets in consecutive sentences when referring to a driver.

Just got home from a best ball tourney.

Our foursome used almost half of my drives...and I had the highest handicap in the group. Just straight and far, baby fades on heel mishits, baby draws on toe mishits.

I am convinced now even the amp cell wasn't this forgiving, and last year I would've screamed "heresy!" at that statement.

This driver is simply incredible. Shock and awe.

They didnt offer the bertha in a xstiff correct? Just the alpha ?

I believe that is correct. For #TheKing I requested a Bertha with an X-stiff and I received a Bertha with the X-stiff Fubuki ZT from the Alpha. Not sure if that's a no-charge option or if they just bent over backwards for me at The King.
It is a helluva combo though, and one that I am extremely impressed and happy with.

The regular Zeta is offered in an X in the 60 series, but not the 50, according to Mitsubishi. So yeah, the X wouldn't be stock in the Bertha since the stock is the 50.

I believe that is correct. For #TheKing I requested a Bertha with an X-stiff and I received a Bertha with the X-stiff Fubuki ZT from the Alpha. Not sure if that's a no-charge option or if they just bent over backwards for me at The King.
It is a helluva combo though, and one that I am extremely impressed and happy with.

It's a no charge option. I just ordered a Big Bertha with a stiff Fubuki ZT.

Played again this morning.

I hit an almost unbelievable 12/14 fairways. It was just point and shoot and straight down the middle. This led me to a new pb of 87...have twice now broken 90. Now if only my putting would come around...

This stick is freakin awesome. Never before have I had such confidence on the tee.

Played again this morning.

I hit an almost unbelievable 12/14 fairways. It was just point and shoot and straight down the middle. This led me to a new pb of 87...have twice now broken 90. Now if only my putting would come around...

This stick is freakin awesome. Never before have I had such confidence on the tee.

Odyssey needs to make a big Bertha putter

I Asked because I bought a used one from golfsmith and it came with yhe xstiff shaft and boy that shaft is nice

Back