Greg_10

Reaction score
Handicap
Since the weather in Tampa has been lousy I didn't get to play Friday, same for Saturday and as the weather clears on Sunday I'm on baby duty. I will have limited time sunday to try to get out and do something golf related. My question is.....go try to play 9, with no guarantees of finishing or go to the range and just hit some balls.

Since the weather in Tampa has been lousy I didn't get to play Friday, same for Saturday and as the weather clears on Sunday I'm on baby duty. I will have limited time sunday to try to get out and do something golf related. My question is.....go try to play 9, with no guarantees of finishing or go to the range and just hit some balls.

Depends on what range you have local to you in Tampa. Are we talking something like The Downs or a daily fee place like TPC? Or are you a member of a club that has an actual range?

The downs, I have not been anywhere else.

Spend the time hitting green side shots or putting. Better yet, spend and hour hitting bunker shots. I'm always puzzled how many golfers have never spent any serious practice time in bunkers. Greenside bunker shots are one of the easiest in golf but most golfers refuse to spend practice time learning the basic bunker shot.

Depends on what range you have local to you in Tampa. Are we talking something like The Downs or a daily fee place like TPC? Or are you a member of a club that has an actual range?

The Downs is decent if its around new ball time. Plus quite a few areas to work on short game with grass that mimics places like Westchase, etc.
I would say range. Practice that wedge game, hit a bucket of balls with a purpose and get those swings in.

Another vote for range time with a purpose, never "just go hit a bucket" .

Range and short game practice will give you a lot more bang for your buck than 9 or less.

1 bucket at the range, shag bag at chipping green and 30-45 minutes of putting drills.

Are you looking for simple fun or to get better? Have fun on the course, put work in on the range.

Crappy weather. Hehe

Range time sounds like the popular option.

I'd hit the range myself...with a plan. Have something to work on and not just pound balls.

Back