Odyssey V-Line Tank Cruiser Putter Review

Nice review Jman, I might need to give this one a shot. I really appreciate that the weight set in included and not something you have to fork over some more dough to get.

Nice review. Really a sharp looking putter. I need to try one out sometime.

Nice review Jman, I might need to give this one a shot. I really appreciate that the weight set in included and not something you have to fork over some more dough to get.

I agree, its REALLY nice to see.

Nice review. Really a sharp looking putter. I need to try one out sometime.

Thanks buddy.

Great review James, these new counter balanced putter offerings from Odyssey are providing some good choices. I tried both the V-Line and #7 last weekend indoors at Golf Town and truly liked both models. Using a 38" putter felt a little strange at first but it was not as problematic as I thought it would be. Personally I liked the #7 more as a choice for me, part of that could be my bias to the appearance of the #7 over the V-Line. I should add that feel off the face is very pleasing to me, the insert seems to work very well on these putters.

I have used one counter balanced putter previously (TM DLL @ 35") and while it was okay I did not find it to be all that great on the course. I did purchase the #7 @ 38", experimentation indoors at home has led me to set the 20 gram weights in the sole and 30 gram weight in the grip, this feels right to me and I look forward to using my new weapon on the course, now I just need the weather and my new work schedule to co-operate.

Pricing in Canada is $279.99 which is not out of line for this putter IMO, the grip and weight kit have value so I was happy to pay this price to play this Odyssey putter.

Last edited:
Thanks golfwolf!

I agree, the weight kit being as encompassing as it is helps soften the blow of the $$$ IMO. No, its not a milled production line putter from a Betti or whoever else, but it is the most played insert out there and for good reason. I used to be an insert curmudgeon, but the fact is, its probably going to be more consistent and forgiving for many than a traditionally milled face. Just my take of course, and I know it is blasphemy to some.

Tremendous amount of information as usual James. As a putter who struggles with a 'jerky' takeaway this putter line intrigues me in the fact that it will help smooth that out. I've purposely stayed away from the CB trend only because I didn't know enough about it & until this offering from Odyssey other putters seemed to complicated to tinker and achieve that perfect set up. What I like here is that you can take this weight kit with you to the practice green and dial in your set up. I can't wait to try this one out and see how it can help my putting.

Thanks golfwolf!

I agree, the weight kit being as encompassing as it is helps soften the blow of the $$$ IMO. No, its not a milled production line putter from a Betti or whoever else, but it is the most played insert out there and for good reason. I used to be an insert curmudgeon, but the fact is, its probably going to be more consistent and forgiving for many than a traditionally milled face. Just my take of course, and I know it is blasphemy to some.

Personally I have used and owned both milled face and insert putters, I do not have a preference either way. It all comes down to the feel/sound of the ball off the face which needs to feel/sound soft, clicky sounds don't appeal to me at all.

Just pulled the trigger and the #1wide at 35". I had a chance to roll hashtag's last weekend and haven't stop thinking about it.

Just pulled the trigger and the #1wide at 35". I had a chance to roll hashtag's last weekend and haven't stop thinking about it.

Haha nice Freddie. Going with the same setup for the MC.

Make sure you have it with you on Friday :cool:

I love it panda!

I can see this putter, a mxm rossie and my golo throwing down soon. I don't need a new putter but I really want an Odyssey in the bag.

Should get my Tank Cruiser #7 this week. Can´t wait fot it to solve all my putting problems haha :D

Love seeing the cruiser in play today on the PGA tour on TV.

Just picked up a 35 inch #7. I'll be in the garage for the next 6 hrs. Initial thoughts in the store : 38 inches seemed Insanely long for some reason, but I could've gotten used to it. 35 was the thought from the beginning and tore rolling confirmed that. Definitely feeling like the tank came with cruise control. Time to dial it in.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Just picked up a 35 inch #7. I'll be in the garage for the next 6 hrs. Initial thoughts in the store : 38 inches seemed Insanely long for some reason, but I could've gotten used to it. 35 was the thought from the beginning and tore rolling confirmed that. Definitely feeling like the tank came with cruise control. Time to dial it in.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Im quite jealous of that purchase, dude. Looking forward to hearing your initial feedback.

The 330-M and #7 haunt me.

Hell, the #1 wide does too.

The 330-M and #7 haunt me.

Hell, the #1 wide does too.

Chads #1 wide was all sorts of badass. It was a bit shorter than I prefer, but the grip and weights were sweeet. Put it at 36.5" and let me roll it, I would break some hearts with it.

4 hrs in the garage on the birdie ball confirmed this thing does indeed have Cruise Control. Truly amazed at the feel and consistency with every stroke. I am almost speechless as I can't adequately describe how amazing this thing feels. First actual round tonight for twilight at my home course. Thanks Jman for the review and all the great info. I think this one will be in the bag for a very long time.
Im quite jealous of that purchase, dude. Looking forward to hearing your initial feedback.

Played my first round with the #7 last night. 30 putts and no 3 jacks. Also had some really nice 10-12 footers drop for par and a huge bogie save. I have been averaging about 35 putts a round so far this season so definitely seeing an improvement. I think I have settled into the 20g head weights with 5 in the grip. Loving the heavy head feeling coming from a putter that was to light for me to keep on line. The gun metal finish is all world in my eyes, and the ss 2.0 just feels so right. Round two tonight.

Back