JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Enjoyed the review by Hawk. It sounds like a good product, with the potential to be much more than that with a few improvements and expansion of functions.

Great write-up Hawk. I really am interested in the Game Golf system. The price point is what's stopping me. I definitely like what it offers though.

I also didn't know about the lack of privacy part which isn't a deal breaker but a little concerning.

Using Tapatalk

Thanks for the review. Sounds like version 2 could be a winner

Nice review Ryan.

This system looks interesting, but I may wait until there's an updates version with more of a seamless database session following the round. I think I would get frustrated having to edit the round each time.

Question about the device: Can you tell that it's there when you're swinging? I would hate to have a device that nudged me during every swing.

Agreed, great write up. The two big things that jump out at me are cost and the post-round editing. I really like how it shows your shots on the map of the course, though.

Nice review Ryan.

This system looks interesting, but I may wait until there's an updates version with more of a seamless database session following the round. I think I would get frustrated having to edit the round each time.

Question about the device: Can you tell that it's there when you're swinging? I would hate to have a device that nudged me during every swing.

Seth mine has not bugged me at all. I would forget it was there if it wasn't for tagging my shots

Thanks for the review Ryan,

I have been interested in this device for some time. I just have not been able to pull the trigger. I might just wait on a few updates and then pull the trigger

Well done Ryan, well done. It does have a lot if potential.

Great review Hawk - I've been thinking about ordering one of these, and this review was great in terms of getting a feel of what it would be like to use it.

Agreed, great write up. The two big things that jump out at me are cost and the post-round editing. I really like how it shows your shots on the map of the course, though.

This is one of my favorite things about the MotoACTV for golf - you can see where your shots were post-round. This takes it to another level, it seems.

Nice write up Hawk!!! Any idea how this device would work if your playing out in the rain and if it's waterproof.

Nice write up Hawk!!! Any idea how this device would work if your playing out in the rain and if it's waterproof.

Water resistant, no worries.

Nice, and I imagine if you have your rain gear on it'll probably cover it up.
Water resistant, no worries.

Great Review Ryan.

I think initially the price point scared away most. I think like you mentioned once the "bugs" get worked out and its working fully as it should then that will alleviate some of the sticker shock.

Thanks for reading guys.

Nice review Ryan.

At first I actually did nudge it - but when I was getting set up at address rather than during the swing. I've moved it to a spot that avoids that issue now though.

Great Review Ryan.

I think initially the price point scared away most. I think like you mentioned once the "bugs" get worked out and its working fully as it should then that will alleviate some of the sticker shock.

From a purely personal standpoint, the price point is not proportional to what you get right now. The absence of something as rudimentary as and Android app as well as the lagginess of the UI make it seem even more overpriced. Maybe after some updates, but even then - $250 is a lot of money.

I had been interested in the product since the first commercial. Thanks for the review Hawk. Seems like they are a few updates away from a great product that can really help track stats and scores.

Thanks for reading guys.

At first I actually did nudge it - but when I was getting set up at address rather than during the swing. I've moved it to a spot that avoids that issue now though.

From a purely personal standpoint, the price point is not proportional to what you get right now. The absence of something as rudimentary as and Android app as well as the lagginess of the UI make it seem even more overpriced. Maybe after some updates, but even then - $250 is a lot of money.

Totally agree, kind of reminds me with the release of a GPS unit not too long ago that wasnt quite as advertised from a functionality standpoint.

Price point is too much for me atm. Drop it to $200 and it's a strong ponder. $150 and it's a no-brainer.

Nice review. I've been interested in this product since I saw it on TV during the PGA show. I'm pretty sure this could be a great product, and I'm thinking I'll wait for maybe it's "second version" that hopefully would come next year. Sounds like they have a great base, and just need to refine the product.

Question though, how do you think the caps would be on a set of lamkin grips? In the pics the butt end of the club is flat (like most golf pride grips), but Lamkin usually has rounded butt ends on their grips. Just wondering if the tag would wiggle around or be more distracting in that case.

~Rock

Nice review. I've been interested in this product since I saw it on TV during the PGA show. I'm pretty sure this could be a great product, and I'm thinking I'll wait for maybe it's "second version" that hopefully would come next year. Sounds like they have a great base, and just need to refine the product.

Question though, how do you think the caps would be on a set of lamkin grips? In the pics the butt end of the club is flat (like most golf pride grips), but Lamkin usually has rounded butt ends on their grips. Just wondering if the tag would wiggle around or be more distracting in that case.

~Rock

I've got them on a number of different grips, including Lamkins. No issues there, though you are correct that they won't always sit perfectly flush. The tags aren't noticeable at all when swinging the club for me. About the only one I don't like is actually a putter grip, where the positioning of the hole makes a tiny bit of the disk's edge hang over the side. Still though, that's more an OCD thing than something noticed during use.

About the only one I don't like is actually a putter grip, where the positioning of the hole makes a tiny bit of the disk's edge hang over the side. Still though, that's more an OCD thing than something noticed during use.
This is going to be a problem for some counterbalanced putters, especially those that employ Tour Lock, or something similar.

This is going to be a problem for some counterbalanced putters, especially those that employ Tour Lock, or something similar.

There is a workaround. You could just carry the tag in your pocket if needed.

There is a workaround. You could just carry the tag in your pocket if needed.
True. Not the neatest of workarounds, but doable. For the putter, it would be nice if they allowed you to attach it onto the putter shaft, say just below the grip using something akin to a hose clamp.

I struggle with elements of this such as noted in Hawk's review about hazards and OB balls. If the point is to track stats in the background, its hard then to tell the user they have to go in and change a series of them.

The other area I struggle with this, whether it be this device or any other like it (stats that is), I am not a believer that they are necessary for the amateur golfer. I will give you an example. I have a friend that tracks all kinds of stats. Putting, drives in, gir, etc. He does not take lessons and practices sometimes. How in the world do these stats help someone like him? Now obviously that is an extreme example, but I feel the same way about a lot of these devices that lead to nowhere.

If you are missing fairways, what do you do? If you are missing greens, what do you do? Most do not seek out lessons, and most do not look at these stats after the fact to see where improvements are needed. But lets say the people using devices like this do check over the stats...Then what? For amateur golfers, the stats change round to round so often, that it leads in circles.

I look at this device as a tremendous technology, that is here at the beginning, but unless it adds some very cool functionality that changes the on course game, I just do not see a lot of use for it for most golfers.

Back