Minneapolis & WI Area - June 2014 Outing

Jake is right, we have like 20 right now. The first post should be up to date so if any of that info is incorrect please let me know.

Just over a month out on this one. Would love to see a few more join us.

I'm officially in for 36, but will be heading back down South after the golf is over.

Confirming myself for 36 holes on Saturday.

Turning this into a long weekend with the family. Going to visit some friends, have the kids see grandma, and I get to play golf Saturday! I'm going to have to golf and run and leave immediately following the 36th hole. Wish I could stick around and hang or go to dinner with you guys.

Confirming myself for 36 holes on Saturday.

Turning this into a long weekend with the family. Going to visit some friends, have the kids see grandma, and I get to play golf Saturday! I'm going to have to golf and run and leave immediately following the 36th hole. Wish I could stick around and hang or go to dinner with you guys.

Thanks for the update. Sitting at 20 guys right now for the morning round. June can't get here fast enough.

[FONT=Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Possible format:[/FONT]

• LAS VEGAS: Las Vegas is a fun game that really rewards birdies and at the same time can softenen the blow of a weaker player's score. Played in teams of two, the players scores are paired rather than combined in order to determine a team score. So if one teammate scores a six on the hole and the other teammate scores a four, the team score is a 46 (lowest score is always posted as the front number). If the other team scores a pair of fives, their score would be 55. The differential is calculated (55 - 46 = 9) and points are tracked throughout the round in order to determine the winning team; or points can have a monetary value (5 or 10 cents each for example) in which to pay out bets on.

Interesting. I played something like that a few years back. Pretty fun.

Seems like it could be a good time. Get rewarded for going low and if one guy has a bad hole it doesn't kill you. Everyone gets to play their own ball as well.

I've never played something like that but it does seem pretty nice. Would certainly help evening out the field as long as two guys with a high handicap weren't paired up vs two guys with a low handicap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've never played something like that but it does seem pretty nice. Would certainly help evening out the field as long as two guys with a high handicap weren't paired up vs two guys with a low handicap.

We will work to make sure the teams are as evenly matched as possible.

We will work to make sure the teams are as evenly matched as possible.

I figured as much. This type of format is a nice alternative to best ball. Might have to bring this up as a possible format for a weekend outing with buddies the weekend before this!

I'm down for whatever. Looks like a winner to me.

Seems like it could be a good time. Get rewarded for going low and if one guy has a bad hole it doesn't kill you. Everyone gets to play their own ball as well.

Sounds like it could be a lot of fun. I hope I don't pull anyone down too much though. My game is pretty erratic lately. I have been making some positive changes in getting rid of my flip, hitting shots I could only dream of a few years ago. It has made me really inconsistent though because I don't quite have it down, especially with my driver. I don't have an official handicap, but would probably count myself as a high cap right now.

Minneapolis & WI Area - June 2014 Outing

Sounds like it could be a lot of fun. I hope I don't pull anyone down too much though. My game is pretty erratic lately. I have been making some positive changes in getting rid of my flip, hitting shots I could only dream of a few years ago. It has made me really inconsistent though because I don't quite have it down, especially with my driver. I don't have an official handicap, but would probably count myself as a high cap right now.

Don't worry about it. We're all in it for the fun and playing with some THP'ers.

I think that is one reason this format will work. The high score on each hole does not hurt the team too bad. Par and birdies will be the key to victory.

Don't worry about it. We're all in it for the fun and playing with some THP'ers.

I think that is one reason this format will work. The high score on each hole does not hurt the team too bad. Par and birdies will be the key to victory.

It does seem like a lot of fun, and I'm really looking forward to going. Just thought I should throw this out there because my game, scoring wise, is a shambles based on what happened this past weekend.

I like it Howzat! Can not wait for this, regardless of format.

Unfortunately I am still a no for this outing - but really hoping something will come together in the fall...

With the 'vegas' format, how do you select teams? Is it based on a random draw, who signs up with who, handicap, etc?

The Vegas format intrigues me though I am going to apologize to whoever my partner is now....sorry about the high scores, ha ha.

Unfortunately I am still a no for this outing - but really hoping something will come together in the fall...

With the 'vegas' format, how do you select teams? Is it based on a random draw, who signs up with who, handicap, etc?

We will work to try to make the teams as even as possible. Not sure on the exact details at the moment.

I know I can't make the event, but I might make the trip out there while I'm in town next week. $75 rate with a cart through May 26th!

Pics! Please.

Back