Your favorite shot to hit?

Replied to Jmans post about hitting a 54* wedge close in his round today, and I replied with that type of shot is one of my favorites.

So, what is your favorite shot to hit?

For me, it's as I posted earlier... Being around 100 or so yards out, taking a 54* wedge and playing it back of my stance a little bit, keeping it low and watching it dive and bite right at the pin.

3W on par 5s are fun :alien:

Tough but if I have to choose it's anywhere around the green with a 60* wedge

I really like the feel wedge. You know, the one that is not full, but you know just how to hit it as you are walking up and looking at the lie. Feel wedge for me.

JM

2 foot birdie putt

A nice high flop shot from off the green with a soft fluffy lie.

Right now lately I love getting in that 50-60 yard range and using my 56* to pop it on the green. A lot safer than using a 60* and blading it 100 yards.

Love the 200 yard 5 iron with a fade. Easy shot to hit for me with a lot of confidence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the "9 to 3" shot with a PW. it's good for 100 yards all day long with more accuracy than just about anything else I can hit. I know it's supposed to be a drill for ball striking but i just love using it on the course.

Love the high launching wedge shots into a green.

When my swing is dialed, a lob wedge or sand wedge approach to inside of 5 feet. Lately it's been a low draw Callaway 2Deep off the tee.

Bomb a drive and the flop shot over a bunker.

A flushed dead straight drive, which for me is not long but still has some hang time..

When opportunity arises, I love ricocheting a shot off a tree and lodging my ball in the wheel well of a cart.... LOL!

For real though, a bombed drive is a ton of fun but I also love hitting "rescue" shots. The type where you have one play and it's to go through 2 trees with a 2 foot window and hook the ball around them somehow. Getting creative and thinking out of the box is a ton of fun for me.

Baby cuts with an iron are lovely for me, hold their line so well and don't run out too much

I especially enjoy trying to find away to thump a 9 iron over the trees that I managed to get myself behind on the opposite fairway after a sliced drive!

75yd half wedge....affectionately called my "wheelhouse"

The next one...

But more specifically, I am a Big fan of 100-110 right now.

I like a nice piercing long iron with a soft cut on it, there's just something about watching them go through the air.

I like a nice piercing long iron with a soft cut on it, there's just something about watching them go through the air.

That's like the patented TroutBum shot right there.

It really is dude, I've become a one trick pony lol. (Boring Golf)

I am a big fan of the knockdown shot with any club. It's low and accurate, a great go to shot.

My favorite shot is a tee shot on an open fairway to start a long Par 5. Just swing away and watch it fly.

115 yard (105m) with the 48° is my favorite. Though I do like the 100 yard (91m) 52° too :)

Yeah or the 4" put ;)

That nice high iron shot from 140-150 out that lands on the green with a short bounce or two. Right now, for me if it's close to the pin it's a bonus :)

Back