THP Live Coverage - TaylorMade SLDR S Metalwoods & SLDR Irons Launch

Interesting, Gary says the two most important parts of the game are approach shots 1, then driving 2. Then it's short game and lastly putting.

Gary just said if you can hit it 20 yards farther than you can take 2.3 strokes off your game. He keeps reiterating the importance of distance.

Sounds like someone read "Every Shot Counts" by Mark Broadie.

Golfergal and Ddec, thanks for the interesting reports throughout the day. Almost as good as being there. ddec would like to hear your input on the clubs.

Going to spend a little bit tonight looking back and trying to answer any questions that may have come up. Early flight tomorrow so might not be a lot. But I plan on getting through this thread over the next day or so. Once again THANK YOU all that followed and were active in here. When. We were telling the TM crew about the live feedback they were very impressed.

Putter milled? I know the putter isn't what the event is about but gotta know

No this was an insert. Ghost Tour Maranello 81.

Dean how do the irons compare in size and offset to your CB they look similar in pictures

I will get some comparisons pics for you when these get back to NY with me. Top line seemed bigger(not a ton), blade a little longer, and offset about the same. This is all going off memory though.

If the Taylormade #THPMC staffers aren't stoked by that bag, someone needs to check their pulse!

TaylorMade Morgan Cup staffers should indeed be excited.

Tomo just hit a 261 yard 4 iron.

So Tomo hit this shot. I hit the ball 240, one of my best drives of the day and he just made it look like nothing. The guy can play. Had a great time with him today.

That's a tough back nine.

Back 9 was brutal. I think once we got by 13 everything tee conversation started with "this is a tough hole."

Foolishly, I had not actually clicked on this thread all day. Guess I saw one of the other threads and thought that's what I was looking at. It's an incredible shame, because I would have loved to follow along with this as it was happening, as both Dean and Morgan did a WONDERFUL job, even on the full 31 page read many many hours after the fact!!!!

Kudos to you two!!!

Probably the same guys that Canadan and I were out there with a few months ago. ;)

Ahem (and not me, I hit an iron)... "I didn't come here to lay up" hahahahaa #PenaltyStrokes

LMAO Dean did not draw this, it transformed from the ball.

u6enu7uq.jpg

Sooooo we get to hear all about forgiveness!!!

Last edited:
Thank you ddec and Morgan for all the updates. You guys killed it for sure. Just spent my evening catching up on all 31 pages. So much great stuff, and just awesome coverage. Lot of interesting information, and some great looking clubs. Thank you THP for doing this sort of thing, it is awesome. Glad you guys got to get out there for this!!

Going to spend a little bit tonight looking back and trying to answer any questions that may have come up. Early flight tomorrow so might not be a lot. But I plan on getting through this thread over the next day or so. Once again THANK YOU all that followed and were active in here. When. We were telling the TM crew about the live feedback they were very impressed.

Important question: did you mention to DC a certain putter hehe

This was a great read....TM staffers have to be licking their chops right now.

Finally got the time to get back into this thread. What a great job on this Morgan and ddec. You both were fantastic all day. Enjoyed reading every page.

Just catching up on the last parts of this. Thanks so much for all the info yesterday in these clubs. So excited right now to get all this stuff in my hands

Proud Member of #TeamParadise

It was great to follow along today. Thank you Gg and DDec! Now to sort out my equipment pondering. I thought I was ready to pull the trigger on a driver and now I have another consideration.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks to GG, and Ddec for today but it is really just another instance where THP is getting us connected to the golf world better than anybody else. Thanks!

Clearly yet another example of #franchiserewritten. Thanks GG and DDEC it was fun to follow along.

Just got caught on all the action from past my bedtime last night. Absolutely amazing coverage you two!!

And the chill of San Diego nights.....got both Canadan and I also. Apparently not much changes between January and May! Haha

Fantastic coverage. Thanks!

Great all around, thanks, just caught up this morning over some coffee , felt like i was there.

Thanks to Dean and Morgan for bringing ups all the information and pictures from all the events yesterday. It was a lot of fun to follow along with, and I am sure you are both pretty exhausted this morning.

Thanks (to GG as well) for the good work. It was fun to follow along.

Morgan and Dean, you both just completely rocked this coverage. Thank you for all of your hard work!

I really enjoyed following this thread. The live updates were great and the clubs look amazing!

I just got caught up on the rest of the coverage well done Dean & Morgan, thank you so much for taking us along the journey through this event, what an amazing experience!

You guys freaking killed this. Bottom line.

What an absolute joy to follow

Back