Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pondering high lofted hybrids now... 5 iron off the tee is ok but when in the rough and fairways... it's hit or miss. Just so much more confidence in my hybrids but lack the 5i distance to bridge the gap between the 6i and 23*.

I'm with ya mate, especially after hitting the Adams Pro. Feels so much like an iron and is very dependable distance wise. Might need to put a heavier shaft in it though, noticed some ballooning particularly when I pushed it. I play KBS Tour though, so the weight and launch transition there is pretty huge haha

Puma Biofusion Spikeless Mesh...in Gray...to match my new THP Hat.

Those are the shoes I have on right now after walking 18 holes this morning for the first time in them. You should pull the trigger, they are very nice.

Have them. Love them.

Heed JB's words about them being more snug across the foot though and size accordingly.

Have them. Love them.

Heed JB's words about them being more snug across the foot though and size accordingly.

They definitely are. In fact I spoke to them about that very thing and we measured their entire line and low and behold they were tighter.

They definitely are. In fact I spoke to them about that very thing and we measured their entire line and low and behold they were tighter.

Yeah, the Monolites are WAAAAAY more loose, almost to the point that they feel like another size up on me after wearing the Biofusion Mesh's.

Pondering different shafts for my CB3's. The Tour 90 R shafts in them are launching the ball into the clouds and a little too much flex for my swing.

On the prowl for a cheap deal on some pulls.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Have them. Love them.

Agree with this, I had to go with size 12 in these when I have multiple other pairs of Puma shoes at 11.5.

Have them. Love them.

So go up 1/2 a size from the Faas Mesh Lite?

I'd say so. These fit way more snugly than my Faas' did, but I think 1/2 size would probably do it.

I'd say so. These fit way more snugly than my Faas' did, but I think 1/2 size would probably do it.

1/2 size, got it!

Now gray or black.....

No. And for the rest of the above too.
They are a unique fit and one that DEFINITELY should be tried on. Going up a size or a half size did nothing for me.
Its a depth thing more than anything and the New Balance is a similar thing.
I rarely say dont purchase without trying on, but will with these!!!

Im no mod but

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/f...w-In-The-Closet-amp-Apparel-Pondering/page339

and I do like those shoes

And I really like Jman's Bertha

and Im pondering how the 588 driver that Coers has will do for me when I take some swings on Saturday. Liking my driver swing at the moment so should give me a good base on what to expect from it

You leave my Bertha out of this. :alien:

Pondering going high bonce in my wedges. But honestly, I really need to educate myself more on wedge bounce.

Pondering going high bonce in my wedges. But honestly, I really need to educate myself more on wedge bounce.

Where are you at now typically bounce wise? I have high throughout cant really recall the last time I wasnt.

However now that Ive tweeked the swing I should probably look at it again and see if that continues to work best for me.

Where are you at now typically bounce wise? I have high throughout cant really recall the last time I wasnt.

However now that Ive tweeked the swing I should probably look at it again and see if that continues to work best for me.

I've always gone mid/high SW loft and then low as possible in the LW loft. But, my swing is steep, bounce helps there.

Need to do some studying up, one can always learn new things.

I'm fairly steep in my wedges and tried to go 14* last year and hated the feel of it. When it firmed up and bunkers got a little firmer it was terrible feeling. It felt the club was bouncing into the ball every single time. And my bunker game went to poo. I nearly beheaded a guy on the practice green trying to relearn how to hit sand shots with it. If you generally play in firm to hard conditions I would stay away from high bounce. When it was soft in the spring, it was great, but once it firmed up, it was terrible.

Know I talked about it a couple days ago but I'm in 5W ponder mode again. The F5 always seems to stick around but it's been a hook machine lately and is due for a time out. Unfortunately most of the demos around here are 3Ws, so I'm guessing a touch based on 'feel' when I hit those. I'm also considering going outside the box and taking a chance on something I can't hit around here (J40 hybo anyone?). FIL's coming down with his AMP Cell this weekend and I'm going to give that a thorough bashing, even though I didn't like that shaft in the driver last year. Figure it will give me a little bit of an idea what to expect from this years. Anyways here's my list so far. Anything I'm missing that I'd be doing myself a disservice not to cnosider?

- Going back to the Stage 2 (cheap option)
- Cleveland 588 5W
- Bobby Jones 5W
- Amp Bio something
- J40 5W
- SLDR 5W (enjoyed the 3+ in the testing)

FWIW, I've hit all of the new Cally FWs but wasn't blown away, which was a shame because I was ready to love the X2 Hot after grabbing the driver.

I know you said you didn't like the x2hot's, but did you get to hit the 5deep?

I know you said you didn't like the x2hot's, but did you get to hit the 5deep?

I haven't been able to hit anything in the Deep line yet. Still interested in that one though. How does one find a Callaway demo day? Can't find it on their site.

I think the iLines are going on the CTL's. They've been sitting and waiting long enough.

I think the iLines are going on the CTL's. They've been sitting and waiting long enough.

Have them on mine also, love them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back