Cleveland 588 TT Irons Preview Thread

Im really interested in these, especially with the rough time I had with my Fourteens today

Im really interested in these, especially with the rough time I had with my Fourteens today

And the price is amazing right now.

If you have to do a size comparison of the TT head to an other brand model, what model would it be ?

Thanks a lot

Thanks for the quick reply Hawk !! Comming from Callaway x-forged, I think i'll love the extra forgiveness !

Thanks for the quick reply Hawk !! Comming from Callaway x-forged, I think i'll love the extra forgiveness !

Oh yeah it will be an abundance more between those 2 sets

Hi Mike Dean ! I saw you are gaming somes Apex. Do you find them similar to the 588 TT ? Thanks

Hi Mike Dean ! I saw you are gaming somes Apex. Do you find them similar to the 588 TT ? Thanks

Imo similar in forgiveness and distance, apex win in feel.

First time playing Cleveland here. I've always been a Callaway guy. Cleveland looks great, seams like somes quality clubs at a good price point.

First time playing Cleveland here. I've always been a Callaway guy. Cleveland looks great, seams like somes quality clubs at a good price point.

They really do and last year's line with the altitudes, mt and tt offer a little something for everyone.

For GI Irons in the TT or even Super GI with Altitude, Cleveland has done an awesome job with distance dispersion vs other GI Irons.

Plus, I'm a fans of the staff bags who are always made with the sames colors years after years. Not like Callaway or TaylorMade who have somes news colorways every 10 months or so...

Imo similar in forgiveness and distance, apex win in feel.

I did prefer the feel of the Apex slightly in my fitting (same shaft) but did not get results as good. Plus, nothing falls off the back of the TTs every swing like the poor Apex's.

For GI Irons in the TT or even Super GI with Altitude, Cleveland has done an awesome job with distance dispersion vs other GI Irons.

Very good with the TTs so far. Very pleased.

I just worked out with my new (new to me anyways) TT's on Sunday.

1 question:

I'm moving from a stock taylormade RAC CGB in R flex into the TTs with stock stiff flex. I've added some clubhead speed in the past year, so I was hoping the stiff flex and TT head would lower my ballflight a little bit (was getting some ballooning with the RAC CGBs.).

Anyways, it was probably too windy to really tell, but I didn't see a really low flight from the TT's. I would describe it as medium, to medium/high.

They seem to carry ok, but they are definitely getting up in the air more than I expected.

Has anybody worked with the stock stiff shaft shafts (I think cleveland 85 or something lke that), and what kind of flight should I expect? I'm guessing it will ultimately be lower than what I had (a SGI iron in R flex), but maybe I should be looking at something a little more stout?

With as windy as it was over the weekend (assuming you saw something like what we had), I'd just avoid any thoughts of changing. Anything you swing is going to go sky high in that kind of wind.

The Traction 85 is a lighterweight/higher launching steel iron shaft.

With a true lower launching shaft I'm sure you'd see the flight come down

The TT's heads really perform well with Project X shafts...Just do it! You can order the TT's directly from Cleveland Golf with this shaft option...

Last edited:
Thanks guys.

I'll have to get some more work in at the range and the course.

I think I mistakenly thought that a stiff shaft and a little different head would automatically bring my ball flight down quite a bit. I'm realizing now that isn't necessarily the case. It might still be a high ball flight, but hopefully no balloning.

I'll probably play this season with the stock stiff and see how it goes. If I'm hitting balloon balls, then I'll have to look for another solution for next season.

HOWEVER, I also might need to become comfortable with a medium/high ball flight, especially if the carry distances are good. Nothing wrong with hitting it high and landing it soft. I'm not playing in Ireland.

We'll see how it does.

High and soft is a winner for sure, especially you can club up, put the ball back, and swing easy to keep the ball down in the wind.

Well finally decided to put some of these in the bag just went 5/PW kbs tour reg and have to say apart from a bit thicker top line what a iron these are,distance yes I no there stronger lofts but longest ive ever hit and feel better than the i25s I have, and forgivness cant fault them at all n that department,maybe just had a lucky first round but like I said apart from a touch thicker top line cant fault them in any other way,also got the DW/SW but soles are to thick for me so will use the 588 wedges for now but things looking good so far with them

The soles on the set wedges do get huge. I have the D/gap wedge but it is nice for long bunker shots and I know on a full swing I can dig down at it and know the bounce will be there. I don't use it for touchiest shots.

Still pondering if I want to replace my X Hot 8-A with Alt's MT or TT's

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still pondering if I want to replace my X Hot 8-A with Alt's MT or TT's

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have to had a chance to hit them head to head against the Xhots?

The TT's heads really perform well with Project X shafts...Just do it! You can order the TT's directly from Cleveland Golf with this shaft option...

The PX delivers a lower more penetrating ball flight for more distance...very different than what the high launch, high spin stock steel shaft delivers..

Back