The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am waiting for my instructor to make himself avail again (June) as he has his plate full, as his house burnt down.

I'm just a head case with that stupid thing in my hand right now....
I think I need more range time and a lot less course time.
Except, I hate the range...

Do you have something as a back up? My driver was misbehaving today and I had to play my 4w on the back 9. Only missed 2 fw and was getting decent distance.

More from yesterdays round, and not strictly a rant, more a case of getting my head round the outcome of my changed swing

Previously I would expect to hit a fade (which would turn into a slice if my swing was off) but following my lesson on Thursday, I am now hitting either straight or a slight draw, but throughout the round I was setting up my shot to take into account my fade which meant that a number of times I ended up off the left side of the fairway when I was aiming left expecting the ball to drift back to the right.....and it didn't..... :banghead:

Case in point - par 5 slight dogleg right from the tee, wind is usually from left to right and the hole also throws everything right when the ball lands, so my typical shot was aim down the left side and let the ball drift back towards the middle. Yesterday I aimed down the left and hit the sweetest drive I have ever hit on that hole which goes as straight as an arrow, through the fairway and into the deep rough

It could take me a little time to get used to having to remember my new shot shape.....

In training for the next two days with a bunch of morons who think they are experts. Ugh.

So, several months back my boss just up'd and retired one day. This put me in a big bind because he was my main collaborator, and my performance is measured on publications. By his dropping off the face of the earth, he forced me to bump up my own writing quota by around 50% to 75% to pick up the slack. It's not that it can't be done, it's just that he didn't give me any sort of warning or time to find other collaborators. I put my eggs in his basket and he basically looked at me and dropped it on the ground. At any rate, he dumped a paper he had been writing into my lap and said "Finish this." I had a tight deadline but I did it.

Well, now he is retired but it seems as if he wants to come back and work. Yeah right, but the paper we had been working on had come back for revisions. He asked me if I could ask for a 90 day extension on the revisions and that he would handle it. I asked for and received the extension. Today, Day 84, he send me an email and says he hasn't gotten the changes done and won't be able to. Whiskey. Tango. Foxtrot. This is twice now he's burned me. So what am I supposed to do? I could drop all the important stuff I am doing and handle this brush fire, or just tell him to shove it. I'm thinking of taking the latter position at this point.

Oh, and then Home Depot called and said they need to come back out to my house to see this desk I am talking about and how it will interfere with the carpet install. The desk weighs about 500 pounds and I told them it would be difficult to get it out of the door. Why they can't grasp this concept is beyond me. Can they, or can they not install and properly stretch the carpet with the desk in there is all I want to know. If they cant and the desk needs to come out, will they repair any damage to the walls (they were damaged on the way into the office ... which I just fixed and painted) and/or desk? Sheesh ... I will find out today at 4. Stay tuned!

Debating just not teaching anymore. So sick of dealing with some of these hoops in order to get a job that doesn't pay s***.

Not getting a teaching job was the best blessing in disguise I ever received. So many of my teacher friends are looking at going back to school to try a different career. Good luck.

Not getting a teaching job was the best blessing in disguise I ever received. So many of my teacher friends are looking at going back to school to try a different career. Good luck.

Raises hand.

And thousands of other teachers are doing the same.

Ever since playing on Saturday, I've had a slight pain in my back. I played Sunday and it never bothered me until I got home again Sunday night. I think it's going to keep me from going to the range after work since I have a round tomorrow. Hoping to do some stretching and some yoga tonight and seeing if it helps.

Just a little nervous right now.

More from yesterdays round, and not strictly a rant, more a case of getting my head round the outcome of my changed swing

Previously I would expect to hit a fade (which would turn into a slice if my swing was off) but following my lesson on Thursday, I am now hitting either straight or a slight draw, but throughout the round I was setting up my shot to take into account my fade which meant that a number of times I ended up off the left side of the fairway when I was aiming left expecting the ball to drift back to the right.....and it didn't..... :banghead:

Case in point - par 5 slight dogleg right from the tee, wind is usually from left to right and the hole also throws everything right when the ball lands, so my typical shot was aim down the left side and let the ball drift back towards the middle. Yesterday I aimed down the left and hit the sweetest drive I have ever hit on that hole which goes as straight as an arrow, through the fairway and into the deep rough

It could take me a little time to get used to having to remember my new shot shape.....

Hang with it Doc! It sounds like you are heading in the right direction. :thumb:

Ever since playing on Saturday, I've had a slight pain in my back. I played Sunday and it never bothered me until I got home again Sunday night. I think it's going to keep me from going to the range after work since I have a round tomorrow. Hoping to do some stretching and some yoga tonight and seeing if it helps.

Just a little nervous right now.

Take it easy partner. You're playing too well to push too hard and suffer an injury..

Take it easy partner. You're playing too well to push too hard and suffer an injury..

That's what sucks. Now that I'm playing well I want to play ALL THE TIME! haha

My golf rant of the day is that I am so tired of every new club announcement turning into a moan session on release cycles. If you are happy with your clubs regardless of age, then play them and enjoy them. Golf clubs are not a viable investment portfolio, and if you buy them knowing you are going to be tempted by the new latest and greatest, be prepared to lose money in the "upgrade" process.

This is a industry that wishes to turn profits, and has a decreasing number of consumers. To expect them to cater to the ones that DON'T want to spend money is kind of ridiculous.

I heart Donne W.

Donne, yes. I almost cringe going into new release cycle threads because of that. It's ridiculous.

My golf rant of the day is that I am so tired of every new club announcement turning into a moan session on release cycles. If you are happy with your clubs regardless of age, then play them and enjoy them. Golf clubs are not a viable investment portfolio, and if you buy them knowing you are going to be tempted by the new latest and greatest, be prepared to lose money in the "upgrade" process.

This is a industry that wishes to turn profits, and has a decreasing number of consumers. To expect them to cater to the ones that DON'T want to spend money is kind of ridiculous.

Yes. YES. SO MUCH YES. I absolutely adore that we have so many options these days, it only helps the consumer in my mind. My wallet doesn't always love it, but hey, that's a me problem :alien:

Work, that should be enough of a rant.

Upper management that hasn't a clue, punish an employee and in turn that punish's another employee just from the punishment. It's not that hard you management pukes!

I am so ready to move south, North Myrtle sounds very good about now.

Solar flares... Really just mess up my world.

Ugh why you gotta be so mad sun?

~Don't practice til you get it right, Practice til you can't get it wrong~

So, several months back my boss just up'd and retired one day. This put me in a big bind because he was my main collaborator, and my performance is measured on publications. By his dropping off the face of the earth, he forced me to bump up my own writing quota by around 50% to 75% to pick up the slack. It's not that it can't be done, it's just that he didn't give me any sort of warning or time to find other collaborators. I put my eggs in his basket and he basically looked at me and dropped it on the ground. At any rate, he dumped a paper he had been writing into my lap and said "Finish this." I had a tight deadline but I did it.

Well, now he is retired but it seems as if he wants to come back and work. Yeah right, but the paper we had been working on had come back for revisions. He asked me if I could ask for a 90 day extension on the revisions and that he would handle it. I asked for and received the extension. Today, Day 84, he send me an email and says he hasn't gotten the changes done and won't be able to. Whiskey. Tango. Foxtrot. This is twice now he's burned me. So what am I supposed to do? I could drop all the important stuff I am doing and handle this brush fire, or just tell him to shove it. I'm thinking of taking the latter position at this point.

Oh, and then Home Depot called and said they need to come back out to my house to see this desk I am talking about and how it will interfere with the carpet install. The desk weighs about 500 pounds and I told them it would be difficult to get it out of the door. Why they can't grasp this concept is beyond me. Can they, or can they not install and properly stretch the carpet with the desk in there is all I want to know. If they cant and the desk needs to come out, will they repair any damage to the walls (they were damaged on the way into the office ... which I just fixed and painted) and/or desk? Sheesh ... I will find out today at 4. Stay tuned!

I will never use Home Depot for floor installs again

My next 60 days are going to kill me.

Leave for LIITA on Thursday, back Sunday.
Home for 5 days and then off to California for 5 days to meet with golf companies.
Home for a few days and then off to Indiana for THP Event.
Come home for a couple of days and then off to MN for THP Event.
Home for 9 days and then off to Nashville for SeeMore event.
Home for a little over a week and then off to MD for the THP Invitational.

And that is just to get through June.
I wouldnt have it any other way, but it may make me rethink a few things.

Josh I feel your pain on a much less cool level. Gone for work 8 of the next 9 weeks. Home for the weekends, but still sometimes I wonder why I have an apartment

Josh I feel your pain on a much less cool level. Gone for work 8 of the next 9 weeks. Home for the weekends, but still sometimes I wonder why I have an apartment

Its weird, at your age I could handle it for some reason. There was a year that I did not have a home. I literally lived in a hotel for 341 days and the final 25 of the year, stayed with a friend. I lived in some for like 16 days at a time, but most of the time, it was 5 days in, 1 day of travel and then the next week began. For some reason it never bothered me.

Its weird, at your age I could handle it for some reason. There was a year that I did not have a home. I literally lived in a hotel for 341 days and the final 25 of the year, stayed with a friend. I lived in some for like 16 days at a time, but most of the time, it was 5 days in, 1 day of travel and then the next week began. For some reason it never bothered me.

Sounds like me right now with my internship. Staying in hotels for 7 days and then traveling to the next place. It wouldn't bother me if I were getting paid but right now the bills are stacking and I need to get back and make some money and give my degree some good use. The travel for me isn't bad it's just not having any income is starting to add up

Who doesn't like to travel for work??? Just kidding. I travel on a frequent basis, probably twice a month and it literally takes me a day or two to get adjusted to the hotel beds. Lack of sleep, whereas my wife thinks I should be well rested when I return home.

Who doesn't like to travel for work??? Just kidding. I travel on a frequent basis, probably twice a month and it literally takes me a day or two to get adjusted to the hotel beds. Lack of sleep, whereas my wife thinks I should be well rested when I return home.

You need to golf more, maybe walk apple mountain!
The walk up #5 and #6 should tire you out!

I travel a good bit probably two weeks or so total a month not all at once bit I am guessing that is what it works out to.

Anyway my wife has this thing where she thinks I like to travel and be away from home. Couldn't be farther from the truth. I get so sick of hotel beds and eating out every meal . Not to mention I am away from her which is by far the worst part

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

You need to golf more, maybe walk apple mountain!
The walk up #5 and #6 should tire you out!

That walk up 5 and down 6 would be a rant in it's own regard. I would probably trip and break a leg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back