Miyazaki C. Kua Iron & Wedge Shafts

I'm thinking we need another Tim Gillis interview soon :D...

I'm thinking we need another Tim Gillis interview soon :D...

Could always use more of them. One of the best THP radio interviews out there. Each one is full of information

How many people still game this shaft?

Do they play to flex? How's the ball flight and distance? Thank you

Do they play to flex? How's the ball flight and distance? Thank you

Pretty stout so I would say yes they can play to flex. Ball flight is decently high but they are pretty long distance wise.

So yeah, I've just caught myself thinking about graphite again and these popped into my head once again. I've only hit them once in JB's Alt's, but still. Also, the wedge shafts may intrigue me more than the iron shafts to be honest.

So yeah, I've just caught myself thinking about graphite again and these popped into my head once again. I've only hit them once in JB's Alt's, but still. Also, the wedge shafts may intrigue me more than the iron shafts to be honest.

Love these when I gamed them, and they were so solid in the CG Black irons. As far as the wedge shafts go, I remember the first time I hit one in the Cleveland 588 from 2ish years ago. I was shocked at how stout it was, and jsut overall how good it felt.

Wedge shaft was pretty nice dude. I was able to hit shots with it no problem. Nice feeling when it hit the ball/ground too.

Wedge shaft was pretty nice dude. I was able to hit shots with it no problem. Nice feeling when it hit the ball/ground too.

That was my first "real" experience with a graphite shaft, as well as my first time hitting a graphite shaft in a wedge, and I still remember how impressed I was with it.

Looks pretty cool too!

Love these when I gamed them, and they were so solid in the CG Black irons. As far as the wedge shafts go, I remember the first time I hit one in the Cleveland 588 from 2ish years ago. I was shocked at how stout it was, and jsut overall how good it felt.
I loved the cG black

Too bad these can be found NOWHERE nowadays, makes me sad.

You were the main reason this sparked up in my head. Graphite in wedges just sounds AWESOME.

I have a set of the CG Black irons (4-PW) with c kua 59R shafts. I am considering putting them on eBay.

You were the main reason this sparked up in my head. Graphite in wedges just sounds AWESOME.

golfworks doesn't have any?

Tap Tap Taparoo

Tap Tap Taparoo

golfworks doesn't have any?

Tap Tap Taparoo

Tap Tap Taparoo

As you sent me the link, they do, and for a shocking price. I usually disclude them on shafts though because they're so stinking expensive.

As you sent me the link, they do, and for a shocking price. I usually disclude them on shafts though because they're so stinking expensive.

yeah I was surprised how cheap they were. Figured since I was awake I would check. Debating trying a few now.

Tap Tap Taparoo

I may be selling a 95 WDG shaft soon. Just bought a 54° Reg 588 with the graphite shaft on it. My first thought was to junk the shaft & put a c-taper on it, but having read this thread and liking my other miyazaki products so much, I'm going to give it a chance. If it doesnt wotk out, I will be pulling it anyway. Just FYI.

I know what you mean about availability. I'm still looking for a kusala black or indigo for my 3 wood. Very scarce on ebay.

I tried the wedge on Sunday and to be honest I thought it was pretty good, I got a nice smooth full swing feel from it, it certainly seemed to spin the ball nicely and the ball flight was as good as I have seen with a steel shaft. I did have 2 problems with it though, distance control was poor, I couldnt seem to dial it back for half shots as well as I would have expected, it also lacked feel for touch shots. I can see it being great on the irons as on a full swing there was a lovely soft but solid feel to the impact, but for a club where you are expected to hit little pitches and chips it doesnt really communicate with you much in the way that a steel shaft does. If they did the 95g version in the irons I would definitely be interested.

So anyway, it was nice to have a go, as I said I was just going to junk it anyway when the club arrived but reading this thread made me want to give it a chance, but not for me, at least, not yet. It got pulled from the wedge last night, to be replaced by a C-Taper this evening.

Back