Rushamania taking over England/Scotland!!!

rushamania

Reaction score
Handicap
11.9 GHIN
OK, THP. Rushamania needs your help, insight, and wisdom.

I’ll be traveling to Switzerland, England, and Scotland for business in a few months and am going to bring the sticks!

I won’t have time to golf in Switzerland, but still is a beautiful place to visit.

I will be SOLO. I would LOVE to play with anyone here on THP during my trip!

Golf Plan:

Thursday (May 8): Arrive in London at 5PM and take a train to Sandwich

Friday (May 9): Play the 27 hole loop at Princes Golf Club – this is where I plan on staying as well

Saturday (May 10): Royal St. Georges and Royal Cinque Ports on Saturday – 36 baby

Sunday (May 11): Play another 18 if I feel up to it or get some rest before heading back to London for meetings the next week

If anyone thinks this “England Golf Plan” stinks, is awesome, or anything else, I want your feedback!

Monday – Thursday (May 12-15): Business meetings in London and Edinburgh

Thursday night (May 15): TWO OPTIONS: Train to St. Andrews or train to Inverness

I have a buddy who lives in Inverness and while I’d love to golf more, I haven’t seen him in years.

However, if he isn’t in town, I will head to St. Andrews.

Assuming I’m golfing…..

Friday (May 16): 36 holes

Would love any insight on courses to play!

Yes, I want to play the Old Course, but it doesn’t look like an easy thing to do. I will be coming back to Scotland every 12-18 months, so I’m cool with not playing St. Andrews in favor of another course that is still fun!

Saturday (May 17): 18 holes and train back to London

Sunday (May 18): Come home

Boom! Thanks in advance for any help and insight!

Sounds like fun! Have a good time, and hope you're able to meet up with some THPers while you are there.

Yep, I think I hate you now.

Sounds like a solid plan, I envy your trip! Have a blast, hope it all works out for you!

Castle Stuart and Nairn Dunbar if you go to Inverness.

About 200 others if you stay in Edinburgh!

Let me know if there's anything I can help with.

Sounds great Rush, solid plan IMO

Castle Stuart and Nairn Dunbar if you go to Inverness.

About 200 others if you stay in Edinburgh!

Let me know if there's anything I can help with.

Awesome, thanks!

Most definitely. Looks like my buddy will be in town, so I'll be heading to Inverness.

It's OFFICIAL!!!

Playing 36 at Royal St. George's on Friday May 9th.

Have to play on Friday, members only on the weekends.

Pricey, but it's going to be awesome.

I loved Bandon Dunes, so it will be great to compare!

Should I ship my sticks for $600???

(Kansas to England and Scotland back to Kansas)

Or take the risk of the airline messing it up (American, British Airways, and Swiss Air)

If I pick them up in England, i will only travel with them by rail.

Help me decide!!!

Should I ship my sticks for $600???

(Kansas to England and Scotland back to Kansas)

Or take the risk of the airline messing it up (American, British Airways, and Swiss Air)

If I pick them up in England, i will only travel with them by rail.

Help me decide!!!

600 bucks seems really steep. What would be the cost to travel with them?

You could buy most of your bag with that cash!

I've got a few bits I'd be happy to lend you while over here (bag, driver, putter, wedges), you can a set of altitudes off the bay for less than $500 then leave them here to sell....

Extra luggage fees, probably close to $200 and the risk of any if those airlines losing my clubs, and having to haul them myself from kansas to Chicago to London to Geneva back to London

Extra luggage fees, probably close to $200 and the risk of any if those airlines losing my clubs, and having to haul them myself from kansas to Chicago to London to Geneva back to London

I mean I feel like you could almost buy a set of what you have online for 600 bucks haha. That seems to me like you should either rent clubs or travel with them, but it isn't my $$

Hey Rush -

The Dane and I are booked on with you for Princes. (Overnight Friday too) We are the pair behind you on RSG (2 balls only) on Friday (where you are on with GEO I think).

Was up at St Andrews recently. discounting the friend - go there.

1. As a single - you have a good chance of getting on the Old. You just report to the starter at first light. If nothing doing, go play the New, or the Jubilee. They will get you onto one of the most stunning links golf courses in the world. Additionally, 5 mins in a cab to Kingsbarns, incredible. Go have a drink in the Old Course hotel - views over the 17th and 18th of the Old - and go shopping in the Pro shop in the hotel.

Bags - I did mine one way. So had them delivered to California (they arrived before I did) and as the last leg was straight home - I carried them as luggage. BA just count them as a bag.

Look forward to seeing you!

Getting pumped!

There is a "scratch tournament" next week at RSG.

We will play the course the day (next Friday) when the tournament is at Royal Cinque Ports.

I'm going to bet we will experience it in its full tournament glory given it will be set up for a tourney and that the final round of the tourney will be played the next day back at RSG.

Can't wait!!!

Last edited:
How cool Rush. Take pics!

Packed and ready to go

ebu6ypym.jpg

You are absolutely right Rush. It will be setup tough.

RSG is a fierce course any time - set up tough it is going to be a beast - particularly if the wind gets up.

Rain forecast for Thursday, but OK (ish) for us on Friday.

See you there!

Have a great trip and post up some pics and updates.

safe travels, looking forward to lots of pics in here!

Have a great trip and report back to us how it goes! :)

Thanks everyone!

Just landed in London and having some breakfast and then off to Switzerland.

I miss my wife and kids already, but at least I'm getting some golf in during the trip!

Cup of coffee #1

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399454123.360661.jpg

Rush,
Glad to hear you made it over the pond in one piece. I'm sure you'll enjoy your round with El Bandito, GEO and the rest of the group. Please post pics when you have the chance.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

have a good time out there, play well bud!

Back