2014 NFL Draft Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We cant even lose well enough to get a better draft pick.

Oh well, there is always something surprising, and this year is less straightforward than normal, so we'll see what happens.

How often do teams pass on the QB high and get one of the 2nd tier QB's at the bottom of the 1st or top of the 2nd and they work out? Not very often. Its a big gamble.

Chargers seemed to do okay with that the year the Falcons traded for the No.1 pick as drafted Vick. Bolts picked up LT in the first and Brees in the second round.

Not that I'm bitter or anything.

San Francisco has 11 picks again this year will be interesting to see how we trade them around

Chargers seemed to do okay with that the year the Falcons traded for the No.1 pick as drafted Vick. Bolts picked up LT in the first and Brees in the second round.

Not that I'm bitter or anything.

To be fair, I was hoping the Falcons did the same thing and to be even more fair, what did Brees do in San Diego? All of his success has been with the Saints..haha

Truthfully I dont even care anymore. If they do trade up and take Clowney, its a big gamble but when was the last time we had a big time pass rusher? Clowney also helps stop the run. It will help our 2 young corners. If I had it my way, I would take Matthews at 6 and then trade back into the late 1st and grab a safety.

Truth be told, Clowney doesn't really stop the run. He was decent at holding the edge in college. IMO, he will be sub-standard on run defense his first 2-3 seasons.

I'm still way too concerned about his work ethic to trade up to get him. You just don't know how much effort he will give when he has 25+Mil guaranteed money, and I really don't want the Falcons to be the team that runs that experiment.

Truth be told, Clowney doesn't really stop the run. He was decent at holding the edge in college. IMO, he will be sub-standard on run defense his first 2-3 seasons.

I'm still way too concerned about his work ethic to trade up to get him. You just don't know how much effort he will give when he has 25+Mil guaranteed money, and I really don't want the Falcons to be the team that runs that experiment.

Completely agree on him. He is a physical freak but is he going to end up being a JaMarcus Russell?

To be fair, I was hoping the Falcons did the same thing and to be even more fair, what did Brees do in San Diego? All of his success has been with the Saints..haha

Brees was pretty darn good in SD until he hurt his shoulder.

Do we need to compare Brees' career in SD to Vick's career in ATL? Apart from number of dogs killed, I think Brees wins all of the stat comparisons.

There are way too many IF's with him. I want OT and safety in the 1st round. I will be happy with that. If they trade up for Clowney, I wont be sad though.

If you're Jacksonville & Manziel is there at #3, no way you can pass on him right?

If you're Jacksonville & Manziel is there at #3, no way you can pass on him right?

Initial reaction is no... but id be surprised if Gus Bradley doesnt go defense.

could if they have another QB ranked higher

I hope so

Welcome to cleveland Sammy watkins

I hope so

Welcome to cleveland Sammy watkins

Reading through some of the scenarios (which I know are all subjective right now bc there is no way to tell who is telling the truth) looks like Cleveland will come out with Watkins & either Carr/Bridgewater.

Rumor mill says Manziel doesn't want to play in Jacksonville, it has to small of a market.

:-\

~Don't practice til you get it right, Practice til you can't get it wrong~

2014 NFL Draft Thread

You pass if he's not worth the pick. Drafting an inferior player at a position of need just to "fill a hole" is a wasted pick and you just have to start all over again next time.

Jax takes Mack or Watkins (I think Watkins).

Nice article on economic theory applied to draft strategy:
http://www.vox.com/2014/5/7/5683448...asic-economics-and-draft-players-irrationally

Reading through some of the scenarios (which I know are all subjective right now bc there is no way to tell who is telling the truth) looks like Cleveland will come out with Watkins & either Carr/Bridgewater.

A win in my book

They just said on ESPN that the Manziel to Dallas rumor is picking up steam. I get that it's a fun rumor and a story and all that but I really hope that doesn't come true. Manziel will not help Dallas win any time soon.

They just said on ESPN that the Manziel to Dallas rumor is picking up steam. I get that it's a fun rumor and a story and all that but I really hope that doesn't come true. Manziel will not help Dallas win any time soon.

yeah but just imagine our Sunday text sessions

I will not watch a game next season if this happens.

Check it out, I found mikedean441 and PhillyV walking around the streets of NYC with another friend getting ready to attend the draft tonight:

vtcgbykfr1ey8pc3otnu.jpg

Johnny Football to Dallas would be absolutely incredible. Simply awesome.

Then, on monday, it is announced Dallas will be featured on Hard Knocks.

please.

I will not watch a game next season if this happens.

i.don't.believe.you.

What we have to hope is that Manziel is not there at #16...because if he is, I don't know if Jerry can pass that media circus up

I am hoping for Aaron Donald or Ha-Ha Clinton Dix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back