Musicians???

i dont know the exact sound but the tubes vibrate too, and the speaker could, in theory, be transmitting a sound from the head. Have you tried other combinations of heads and cabs to isolate the source?

Well I never experienced this when I was borrowing the blackstar 2x12 from the store, so I'm assuming it's the cabinet. I'm taking both in to see.

The specific sound is like speaker crackle when a speaker is broken. I wish I would have recorded it

Last edited:
Took them both in today, it's the head that's causing the crackling, it has to go back to orange ugh

I was able to record it today, it only happens when the amp is warming up for a while, the dealer figured out it was the head and not the cabinet.

Stop making people jealous Uriel! Gossssshhhhh! :bulgy-eyes:

Stop making people jealous Uriel! Gossssshhhhh! :bulgy-eyes:

Hahahah I'm trying to show the nasty crackling coming from amp, it's making me sad

Bummer man. Cab would have been easier to deal with. isnt that the second or third Orange that you've had an issue with?

Bummer man. Cab would have been easier to deal with. isnt that the second or third Orange that you've had an issue with?

It's the second orange I had issues with. I'll be playing my Taylor for the next few weeks which is good because it will be a good temporary change up. My acoustic amp also screwed up this weekend but guitar center is going to swap it out cause of the3 year warranty

It's been a week and the Orange representative still hasn't contacted my dealer back, who knows how long this will take.

It's been a week and the Orange representative still hasn't contacted my dealer back, who knows how long this will take.

Uh oh, the dreaded 6-8 week turnaround time. It's the same with warranties flyrods. Takes FOREVER.

Uh oh, the dreaded 6-8 week turnaround time. It's the same with warranties flyrods. Takes FOREVER.

I hate it. It's stupid. They took about 2 weeks to call him back so he could order my cabinet last time, I'm tempted to just call them myself ugh.

I hate it. It's stupid. They took about 2 weeks to call him back so he could order my cabinet last time, I'm tempted to just call them myself ugh.

One would think that a company would realize that their reputation depends on these times

One would think that a company would realize that their reputation depends on these times

Especially when I've had two crappy QC issues in the last month, I expected more from them, I couldn't spend $2500 on a uk made reckerverb though

So an update, orange got hold of my dealer and from what I understand shipped a new head for me already. I hope I see it soon!

Still haven't seen my orange, my local store owner lent me this until mine shows up, it's the brand new micro valve king, 1w, 5w and 20w. It's pretty cool
ej5nTcS.jpg

qz2POhw.jpg

Haven't played it yet, we'll see how it sounds.

Musicians???

Finally came in after a month. The new ones use different knobs and a thicker reinforced handle for the chassis
TjWYj0q.jpg

uzusy5at.jpg
uvasuqut.jpg

TeleTuesday

The b bender I traded for about a month ago

Still haven't seen my orange, my local store owner lent me this until mine shows up, it's the brand new micro valve king, 1w, 5w and 20w. It's pretty cool
ej5nTcS.jpg

qz2POhw.jpg

Haven't played it yet, we'll see how it sounds.

I played that micro Peavey a couple weeks ago - gain side was really buzzy - maybe if you could really turn it up, it would be ok, but at store volume, it sucked ... bad. I didn't mess around with it much once I heard that. The H&K Tubemeister mini head kills that little Peavey.

There is some, but not a lot of love for drummers and those of us who create our music on PCs. My drumming days are behind me (or at least I no longer own a set). My weapons of choice these days

MPD32_angle_web_lg.png

And then I also have an Akai USB/Midi keyboard, but it's old enough I can't find any pictures of it.

~Rock

I played that micro Peavey a couple weeks ago - gain side was really buzzy - maybe if you could really turn it up, it would be ok, but at store volume, it sucked ... bad. I didn't mess around with it much once I heard that. The H&K Tubemeister mini head kills that little Peavey.

I finally got my orange back and man did it make a difference, the peavey sounded like a toy compared to it. I checked out the HK this weekend and loved it

Played an acoustic set tonight at the Belly Up Aspen tonight. This club has been ranked in the top 10 nationally and is the big kahuna for local music venues here. Show went really well. I think I killed it frankly, but when you play through a sound system like THAT, with techs that are just pros, it hard NOT to think you sound awesome. So cool to be on that stage. I get to go back, too. Just awesome!

Last edited:
Played an acoustic set tonight at the Belly Up Aspen tonight. This club has been ranked in the top 10 nationally and is the big kahuna for local music venues. Show went really well. I think I killed it frankly, but when you play through a sound system like THAT, with techs that are just pros, it hard NOT to think you sound awesome. So cool to be on that stage. I get to go back, too. Just awesome!

My band is playing a show tomorrow. It's the first show with our new guitarist (#8 in 13 years). Had a little write up in the local weekly alternative paper. That was pretty cool.

My band is playing a show tomorrow. It's the first show with our new guitarist (#8 in 13 years). Had a little write up in the local weekly alternative paper. That was pretty cool.

Band members can sure come and go. I feel like I'm eternally starting from scratch sometimes :banghead:

I love that B-bender djames, there's something about that tele that I love lol.

Satch, how did the peavey sound overall? Even though I don't like EL84's it could come in handy since it's got a line out for recording.

That's awesome dude. Why are those guitarists always so troublesome?? :p My band in high school, our guitarist was a huge d-bag so we kicked him out and filled the slot partially by our singer playing guitar, and when the songs were too hard for him (which was often... :banghead:) I'd move over from saxophone.

I miss playing music in bands/ensembles!!

That's awesome dude. Why are those guitarists always so troublesome?? :p My band in high school, our guitarist was a huge d-bag so we kicked him out and filled the slot partially by our singer playing guitar, and when the songs were too hard for him (which was often... :banghead:) I'd move over from saxophone.

I miss playing music in bands/ensembles!!

Here is a link to the article, she did a good job on it. http://www.anchoragepress.com/arts_...79a-d6eb-11e3-af3a-0019bb2963f4.html?mode=jqm

It's funny that we have kept going for so long. We've had a few layoffs in those years, but always seem to pick it right backup. Most of the time, the splits with guitarist have been on good terms. Only a couple were rough. It should be a fun show this evening.

Back