Compression shorts

Just wondered into this thread, im very intrigued by these opinion. Ill have to give it a try as ive started walking again. Thanks for the reviews.

Im glad to see they have worked for some.
I tried them on multiple occasions and saw absolutely no difference.
I studied the idea for a bit, and to me it seems like it has a bit of a placebo effect (which is okay).
Some doctors say they have their merits, other tests, showed absolutely nothing in terms of conclusive results.

I'm just wondering if I need to compress mine with x - large like I do with normal drawers. :act-up:

I'm just wondering if I need to compress mine with x - large like I do with normal drawers. :act-up:

I figured you were a duct tape kind of guy.

I figured you were a duct tape kind of guy.

You got to go with the flow but it takes so long to cut those little holes in the duct tape :alien:

No matter how lame of a morning I'm having I know that I can always come to THP for a good laugh

I wear Under Armor Boxer Briefs - 6, 9, and 12" seams - nothing compares - have slowly been replacing all of my cotton boxers with these - game changers for sure!

I wear the C9 boxer briefs from target, they are pretty good especially down here in Texas when a cool summer day is about 95 degrees.

Uh oh. I tried the East Bay ones out because they were a good deal (2 for $20), but I think they've proven their worth and I'm going to be ordering several more to wear in Myrtle Beach. I hear it might get a little hot and humid out that way. I don't know if I'd like to wear them all the time, but for golf they do feel great.

I got some eastbay ones to and they are freaking comfortable. Got the Adidas clima cool compression shorts and they are just not comfortable. Keep binding up and that's just not a good feeling when walking 18.

I've gotten to the point where I can't play without compression shorts. I just go to Wally World and get the starter brand ones for like $7 a pop. They work fine for me and if they don't hold up, they're $7. I got 2 pair of white and 2 of black. Wont play without em.

I bought one pair of Starter brand and they rarely get worn. The waist in them is way too tight compared to all of the other compression shorts and performance boxer briefs that I own.
Under Armour and Nike Pro Combat have been my favorite compression shorts so far, with Under Armour and Jockey being my favorite boxer briefs.
Adidas and the C9 boxer briefs also work pretty well and are cheaper.
Just keep an eye on the sales racks at places like Academy, Dick's, and Kohls and you can come across some good deals from time to time.

I bought one pair of Starter brand and they rarely get worn. The waist in them is way too tight compared to all of the other compression shorts and performance boxer briefs that I own.
Under Armour and Nike Pro Combat have been my favorite compression shorts so far, with Under Armour and Jockey being my favorite boxer briefs.
Adidas and the C9 boxer briefs also work pretty well and are cheaper.
Just keep an eye on the sales racks at places like Academy, Dick's, and Kohls and you can come across some good deals from time to time.

Thanks for the heads up bud. I'll definitely keep an eye out. I don't wear them for performance or anything like that more so just having white compression shorts under white pants/shorts and to keep them from riding up while walking lol.

I can't help but laugh at some of the discriptions here. In shoe's we talk about a bigger toe box, sounds like these need a bigger "Package Box"?

I can't help but laugh at some of the discriptions here. In shoe's we talk about a bigger toe box, sounds like these need a bigger "Package Box"?

I'm just glad nobody has posted in use pictures...

Thanks for the heads up bud. I'll definitely keep an eye out. I don't wear them for performance or anything like that more so just having white compression shorts under white pants/shorts and to keep them from riding up while walking lol.

Well, if you ever head down South to play golf during the summer, you'll need them for the performance aspect. Otherwise you'll suffer the common malady we refer to as "Swampass".
Breathable golf shorts, shirts and peformance underwear make summer golfing a much more pleasant experience. I definitely don't miss the all cotton clothing days from when I took up golf 17 - 18 years ago.

Well, if you ever head down South to play golf during the summer, you'll need them for the performance aspect. Otherwise you'll suffer the common malady we refer to as "Swampass".
Breathable golf shorts, shirts and peformance underwear make summer golfing a much more pleasant experience. I definitely don't miss the all cotton clothing days from when I took up golf 17 - 18 years ago.

This is 100% truth. For anywhere that has a high relative humidity in the summer, these are a must, especially for those who walk. Even when it's not 100 degrees outside, they're still a better alternative than cotton underwear.

This is a misnomer.
In fact when researched last year, one doctor said it should be the opposite.
Cotton will absorb the sweat in that area whereas the technical materials leave it there with no place to absorb since the shorts are repelling against it as well due to also being technical.

A little (read: small amount) gold bond before the round is a good swampass preventer. Just sayin

The high performance stuff should be moisture wicking, where the fibers are designed to transfer moisture from your body through one end (the inside of the shirt) to the other (outside the shirt)

A little (read: small amount) gold bond before the round is a good swampass preventer. Just sayin

Exactly...I was without in fl and suffered big time

This is a misnomer.
Cotton will absorb the sweat in that area whereas the technical materials leave it there with no place to absorb since the shorts are repelling against it as well due to also being technical.

You need the best of both worlds. I think we all cringe thinking about walking with cotton drenched anything lol

The high performance stuff should be moisture wicking, where the fibers are designed to transfer moisture from one end (the inside of the shirt) to the other (outside the shirt)

And then go where? Transfer to the next layer of technical to repeat the process? This doctor (and I have spoken about this many times) believed that this never happens correctly and instead showed a graph (trying to find it now) that makes it closer to magnets repelling. I think we will have to do an interview with him on the radio show (he is a true expert in the field), because he can discuss the studies that have been done that show more moisture content in the regions (on the body) of both under the arm and between the legs after physical activity with technical materials worn, compared to absorbing materials worn.

He believes that transferring across multiple layers is simply not possible without very dry air and strong circulation, and that does not exist in the situation outlined in the post I was responding to.

Im well aware of the makeup of apparel and what materials work and how.

This is a misnomer.

I thought that most golf shorts were designed to be quick drying and help which moisture away from the body? This may not be the case, but with the breathability that they generally provide over standard cotton, it does seem that way.
The problem with cotton is that when it becomes saturated, it does nothing but keep you wet due to the long drying time, and that is not very enjoyable. They have definitely made some improvements to the performance of cotton with the treatments and such that have been developed over the past several years, so it's definitely not as bad as it was back in 1997 wearing cotton Dockers and Fruit of the Loom tighty whities.

You mentioned it above. Air circulation is the key. Good moisture wicking fabric is great, but if the saturated layer isn't exposed to air to allow for evaporation, than it's effectiveness will be severely hindered.

And I agree, if the air is already saturated (high humidity), then evaporation/drying is going to occur at a much lower rate.

Back