Southern Iowa Get Together Summer 2014

Here's a deal for The Preserve! 4 golfers with cart - $124 :act-up:

http://whotv.com/deals/card-deals/

Oh wow. I'd seen that before, but assumed it was like their usual punch cards (no groups allowed, one card for one person). I've got that bookmarked and the deadline written down. We'll have to try and make that work. That's 50% off.

~Rock

Rock can u post a list of Yes's and Maybe's?

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Rock can u post a list of Yes's and Maybe's?

Done. First post updated, and posted here. For those of you reading this, unless you gave me a definite yes or no, you landed on the maybe list. I know some of you were pretty strong maybe's, and I know a couple of you were pretty doubtful, but not to the point of saying "no." The only exception to that rule was dhartmann's dad, who I haven't heard from, but dhartmann is all over this, so it just seemed right.

Were going to want to start getting a decent head count the end of May. One, the more we have, the more I have options with the course and on discounts. Two, if were left with no real options, as sleuth posted, I can start buying up round cards for 50% off for our use. Sometime towards the end of May, I'll be talking with the head pro out there about what kind of deals he can give us and how long we have to secure those deals.

In
McRock
woody_74
IceyShanks
dhartmann34
bulldog
msh134

Maybe
Flying Wedge
sleuth
crazygolfnut
J4U
fairband
Mulligan9111
Rambler
sposey013168
drp3434

Unresponsive
JeffReedMO
TimG3394
Agent Jay
Golfever
perkis
rallo

~Rock

Seeing bulldog and rock alone is worth the trip. I'm not wearing my pink shirt until then!! REALLY hoping more folks come along :)

Seeing bulldog and rock alone is worth the trip. I'm not wearing my pink shirt until then!! REALLY hoping more folks come along :)

First off, my pink shirt was apparently "cool" according to my bosses daughter, who was practicing at the course yesterday while we had men's league. So at least I'm still stylish in the eyes of high schoolers.

Second, there are a number of people that I should probably attempt to contact by PM that haven't been in this thread at all, but are generally local. I can think of at least 4 who were at either Branson or Ankeny last year that simply haven't been around this thread at all. If you know anyone that would like to come, have them contact me or post in the thread or whatever.

~Rock

Yeah I'm amazed it's not loaded with folks. This will be a fantastic time.

Put me down as a yes :) this will be a blast

I am making my way towards a yes, slowly but hopefully surely.

Just dangle a nice breakfast sandwich and rambler is there.....

Did someone say "Sammich"? Yes, please.

I am making my way towards a yes, slowly but hopefully surely.

3384919459_0155c9b650_m.jpg

~Rock

I'm definitely in as this was on my list of courses to play, the only problem is we are going to have company that week at our house so please put me on the maybe interested list. I'm going to make this work if at all possible.

I'm definitely in as this was on my list of courses to play, the only problem is we are going to have company that week at our house so please put me on the maybe interested list. I'm going to make this work if at all possible.

Awesome, you've made the maybe list.

~Rock

Now that is a bfast sandwich. Not sure I can wolf that one down walking between 9 green and hole 10, though.

#tummyache

Now that is a bfast sandwich. Not sure I can wolf that one down walking between 9 green and hole 10, though.

#tummyache

We can split it

I've updated the first post with new green fees rate. I spoke with the course pro last night, he confirmed that with the 4 round card, the replay rate is still $25.00. That means if you use the 4 round card with others, you can play 36 holes for $61.26 per day!!!!!!!!! :banana:

We have through June 6 to purchase these cards. If that doesn't get some of the fence sitters to jump in on this, I don't know what will.

Big shout out to sleuth for seeing the deal and paying more attention to the details than I did.

~Rock

Ok. If someone can spot me till I show or could paypal ya or send check for my share.
Also lets decide where we're staying & get res. in

Ok. If someone can spot me till I show or could paypal ya or send check for my share.
Also lets decide where we're staying & get res. in

I suspect the way this will work is 2-4 of us (depending on how many show) will be purchasing these cards and then collecting from others at the event. Conceptually, I'm trying to decide how to coordinate the whole thing. Part of the problem is knowing how many people are showing up for both days. So for example, I could buy a card for me and you bulldog, and we'd be covered. 2 rounds of the card would be used each morning. Plus I'm pretty sure you're good for it. Maybe a simple list on the front post of who is going on each card and who in the group is purchasing the card.

As for hotels, I agree, let's just get this train rolling. To simply rehash what has been said before. Here are some options.

1) Nodyroc hotel. http://nodyrocmotel.com/ Cheap, small, horribly outdated. But each room has its own entrance and a central parking lot that construction workers usually have chairs and sit in to drink. 37 minute drive, one way, to the course. $48/room +$5.00 for an additional person.

2) The two chain hotels in centerville are sold out. That probably makes Woody_74 happy.

3) We could stay at the resort the course is located. That's $199/night for a hotel room, and I'd be shocked if there were enough rooms for everyone showing up to this. They are typically booked solid every weekend all year long.

4) The resort also has 2 bedroom cottages. Just figure in the neighborhood of $450 + high taxes per night. Also doubtful, usually subject to minimum 2 night stay, but I don't think they're requiring that at the moment.

5) Hotel at the Rathbun Lake marina. Not sure if it's booked, since they don't do online reservations.

• Suite with 2 people $130 / night. Each additional person $10
  • Double Room 2 people $100 / night. Each additional person $10
  • Single Room 1 person $85 / night. Each additional person $10
2 nights typically required, they allow single nights if the hotel isn't booked. You'll have a view of the marina off your deck, and its right next to a pretty decent bar food type restaurant (think Applebees, with a hint more grease). Last I knew, they still had a fantastic Sunday breakfast as well. It's just 10 minutes from the course. Sorry, no link, no pics.

6) Buck Creek Cabins. Just outside the marina entrance, so also only 10 minutes from the course, and just a minute away from the marina. Starts at $70/night. The pictures might make them look a tad nicer than they actually are. But hey, many of us have endured Hawk's hotel of shame, so it can't be that bad, right? http://www.buckcreekcabins.com/index.html

What's everyone's thoughts?

~Rock

1, 5 or 6 is ok for me. Only use the room to sleep really.
And yes I'll B golfing both days

Rock, although I'm still pulling strings to free - up the time for the outing, I would be good for 5 or 6. I had actually looked into 6, along with the option of pulling my camper to one of the campgrounds on the lake (decided this might be too much trouble, and increases the travel time).

Hopefully, if there is a group coming from Northern IL, we can road trip. If we arrive early afternoon on Friday, could invade errr... play your local muni.

5 or 6 would be my vote.

Well, silly me. Buck Creek cabins are telling me there's a minimum 3 night stay. I'll wait through the weekend to see if anyone else has any votes, and then I'll just call them and see if I can get around that.

~Rock

Back