Historically, are your blow up holes on par 3, 4 or 5's ??

Historically, are your blow up holes on par 3, 4 or 5's ??

• Par 3

Votes: 22 37.3%
  • Par 4

Votes: 25 42.4%
  • Par 5

Votes: 12 20.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think I tend to be OB more often on par 5's trying to get my drive out there to attempt to get on in 2.

Perhaps you should add a box for all/any the above.
My self implosions can come on any hole from anywhere with any club at any time. No pattern at all. Its all great then all bad.

This^^. I didn't vote because none of the answers really applies.

I can screw up any hole. Par 3 holes offer less opportunity to recover from a bad shot, but par 5's give you more chances for disaster. My worst holes in memory are a +7 on a par 5 and a +6 on a par 4. Both came during a tournament while I was carrying a 10 handicap.

Typically for me it's the Par 4s

My scoring average seems to be the highest on the 3s but I wouldn't call them blow up holes as much. I would say my blow ups are usually caused by a moment and not defined to one particular type of hole

Proud Member of #TeamParadise

Most of my blow up holes are on longer par 4's. I tend to try to get to hit it harder off the tee to get more distance, then end up putting it out of bounds, then trying a hero shot for my next shot, then exploding.....

Are my blow up holes par 3's, 4's or 5's?

...Yes.

Par threes seem to be my blow ups

Par 3's for me. These are usually the holes that have well protected greens and one bad shot can really impact the ability to score well. I always feel like there is more room for error on 4's and 5's.

Par 5's which really really end up damaging the score. Been trying to play them a bit more conservatively unless its a short-ish par 5.

Dev, one of the things that really helped me was when I quit automatically hitting driver and then 3w on par 5's....sure there are a few I can reach in 2, but I found my average scoring on par 5's came way down when after my drive I looked for what club I needed to hit to get to 120 yards for a nice full PW.

Turned out that most of the time I could hit 7 or 8 iron and get to 120 and that eliminated me trying to hit 3W too hard and missing the green in a bad spot

Par 3's have been tricky for me (statistically) at my home course, although my short game is coming around so the near misses of the green shouldn't be as rough this summer.

Par 5's...more shots increase chances of a duff. And god help me if I kill my drive and have to make a decision about reaching in 2...that almost always ends badly. (but still fun to try!)

For me, it's Par 3s. Looking back on my scores, i can always look to Par 3s and see myself playing them 4-5 over par and that tells the tale of my round.

Odds are, you can look at any of my score cards for a year and see me getting doubles on more par 3s than 4/5...by a large margin.

A 3 or 4. On a par 5 I feel like you get an extra shot to make up for a bad one.

This. I am much more relaxed on the tee on a par 5. More time to save boogie if one of my shots gets away from me.

Dev, one of the things that really helped me was when I quit automatically hitting driver and then 3w on par 5's....sure there are a few I can reach in 2, but I found my average scoring on par 5's came way down when after my drive I looked for what club I needed to hit to get to 120 yards for a nice full PW.

Turned out that most of the time I could hit 7 or 8 iron and get to 120 and that eliminated me trying to hit 3W too hard and missing the green in a bad spot

Yes sir. Thats where I have gone. Driver, Hybrid of long iron to around 120-140 and hit and iron into the green. Actually birdied a par 5 the other day doing just that.

5's. I think the extra Shot buffer means my brain says it's ok to meltdown here lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Mine is definitely par 3's and my course has 5 of them....and most are heavily guarded so missing the green can easily lead to bogey or even double.

I tend to like to double par 3 historicly or short par 4s

Long par 4s are where my blowups happen 95% of the time.... those seem to be the holes I am most likely to goof up off the tee, and if a good teeshot leaves me with a 4-5 iron approach a bad teeshot has me hitting a fairway wood for my second. I am already worried about the hole before I start it, then the pressure compounds exponentially when I have such a long distance to cover to get on in regulation. Mishit drive usually seems to be followed by a fatted or topped second, followed by a 3rd that misses to whichever side of the green is the most dangerous, etc etc.

It's to the point I lower my expectations on long par 4s and consider a bogey a successful number on them...I am for some reason much more likely to card a 7 on a long par 4 than I am on a normal par 5.

Long par 4's as I tend to try to give it a little extra (actually a lot) off the tee which can result in wayward drives and undesirable 2nd shots. I have a hard time taking my medicine and just punching back out to the fairway and playing for bogey so a bad drive can snowball rather quickly....

You need another option. My blowup holes have nothing to do with par for the hole. Sometimes a hole just gives you problems.

I can recover from a bad shot on a par 5 and still have some hope on par 4's to have a chance at par with a good chip and putt, but if i mess up the tee shot on a par 3, it usually does not end well. many misses end up with a tricky shot to get it close or worse, require me to re-tee. Par 3's are not a good time to struggle.

Par 3 Avg: 4.2
Par 4 Avg: 5.9
Par 5 Avg: 6.2

Only 2 par 5s on my course but above stats are last ten scoring rounds.

I have one particular 4 that my average is 7.2 :banghead:

I absolutely EXPLODE on an easy Par 4. I always feel like I have to birdie it.....and usually end up making quad....like last night (2 in the water)

My usual blow up holes are par 5's. Those are the holes that I try to hit fairway wood off the deck, and that's usually the trigger for the explosion. One would think that I would have figured that out by now. Nope... I gotta figure out how to hit it eventually... Right?

Back