Should the Players Championship be a designated as major?

No, 4 is enough.

No. If the LPGA wants five majors so be it.

In fact, the PGA Championship isn't even a "Major" to me.

I say leave it. I do wonder how changing it would effect major wins counted. Would jack stay at 18 or tigers number go up

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I say leave it. I do wonder how changing it would effect major wins counted. Would jack stay at 18 or tigers number go up

I would guess that they wouldn't count previoulsy won events. Similar to the LPGA. Natalie Gulbis has not won a major, but she did when the Evian Masters.

Everyone already calls it that, but I'm good with staying at 4, just seems better to me.

Tiger has won it twice and jack 3x so even if they did it would make tiger 1 more behind jack.

I don't think it really even deserves the 5th major moniker. Course is nice and all, just doesn't compare to Augusta in my book. If you have it in the same place every year it has to hold up to Augusta. Sorry but it doesn't. The field is top notch but that's all that puts it in the discussion. 4 is fine and should never add another.

I think its 5th major in everything but name. It means a lot to the players, the media steps up their coverage, its a great course that is talked about by everyone. Very strategic and a design that doesn't fit to just one type of player. It's time in my opinion for it to become a major.

Nope, it should not.

Legit question, the grand slam is made up of what events? What events did Bobby Jones win?

No. If the LPGA wants five majors so be it.

In fact, the PGA Championship isn't even a "Major" to me.

Florida heat getting to you? Are you alright?!

Florida heat getting to you? Are you alright?!

Heat, no. Humidity? Maybe.

The PGA just lacks the drama and stories the other 3 have. I look forward more to events like The Memorial and the Players Championship to be honest.

Call it a major or not I don't think it matters. Players seem to treat it like it is and with a $1.8 million dollar check for 1st place it sure gets their attention.

I would vote no, I'm happy with 4.

Legit question, the grand slam is made up of what events? What events did Bobby Jones win?

Between 1923 and 1930, Bobby Jones entered 20 major championships and won 13 of them, culminating with the THEN Grand Slam, the 1930 British Amateur, British Open, U.S. Open and U.S. Amateur and he finished among the top ten finishers 27 times.

Between 1923 and 1930, Bobby Jones entered 20 major championships and won 13 of them, culminating with the THEN Grand Slam, the 1930 British Amateur, British Open, U.S. Open and U.S. Amateur.

Thank you. So adding a new major might not be that big a deal since it's been done before.

I personally get into The Players more than the PGA. Sort of like Augusta in that you get to know all the holes because it is always in the same place.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk.

Should the Players Championship be a designated as major?

LPGA now has 5 majors.

Now, I would want the conditions a bit tougher. I don't want to see a bunch of low numbers being shot in the first round.

I don't believe it should be. It's popular as it is and no one will be able to watch the final round if they are celebrating the day.

Thank you. So adding a new major might not be that big a deal since it's been done before.

Just because something can be done doesn't mean it should be done.

A grand slam is four. Drop the PGA which is always the east mentioned here on threads where it is asked which major is your favorite, and replace it with The Players if it is ever going to get elevated to Major status.

IMO it shouldn't be. I like the 4 we have now. IMO if the guys are playing a major they shouldn't go as low as they do at Saw Grass. I like the majors that really challenge the players and ones that they don't just destroy the course.

I think the discussion is great. Never really thought about it until I saw the Golf Channel segment on it the other night. I'm fine with 4, but I think The Players is one of my favorite tourneys of the year. I usually enjoy it more than the Tour Championship. 18th hole par 3s are the worst.

I like it a lot more than the tour championship too, the venue is spectacular. I like he idea of leaving it at 4, that's plenty for majors, they just need a way to stimulate the PGA, I think it's the weakest event of them all.

Nope!!

I don't believe so. I like the fact of what it is as a tournament to represent the players. Although if they tricked up 16-18 imagine the fun that could be had coming down the stretch to win your first major

Proud Member of #TeamParadise

Back