What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tough after a rain delay... take the positives and roll with it

it was. I've never been through that before. definitely some positives. Im glad for that.

Carded a 41/40 for an 81. Not the greatest round but the wind was pretty difficult to play with. Most holes it was either 2 clubs less or 2 clubs more depending on the hole. Putted pretty well tho which salvaged the round for me really.

79 today at Buckhorn Golf Club in Comfort, TX. Left a few putts out there and a double didn't help but it was a great day for golf in South Texas.

74 with 2 bogeys and no birdies. Super windy day and I hit it great and couldn't make a putt. 3 putted for par on one of the par 5's and missed 13 other birdie putts.

41-40 = 81

Very pleased. My lowest score ever at my home course. Even finished the day with a birdie on 18 which is very rare.

I believe today was my first round of golf, ever. At least that was what it felt like on the front 9. Played the back like I knew how to play the game. Only had one bad hole on the back and that was when the group behind us hit into us. Kind of teed me off.
Shot a 49/41 90. Wish I had time to play another 18. I believe it would have been a completely different story.

Shot a frustrating 44/47 = 91 today, 3/14 FW (ugh), 38 putts (double ugh), 4 GIR. The stats alone should tell you that all my problems came down to driving and putting like a horse's a$$. Really hitting my irons great today though, and that was the only thing that saved me from a truly terrible round. Started strong on the first 7 holes with 3 pars and a birdie on the 7th, and then I went +5 on 8 and 9 and it all went to hell hahaha. Definitely took some positives out though, and I know what to practice.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

42/41 83. Played very poorly but got up and down from absolutely everywhere to score.

Shot a frustrating 44/47 = 91 today, 3/14 FW (ugh), 38 putts (double ugh), 4 GIR. The stats alone should tell you that all my problems came down to driving and putting like a horse's a$$. Really hitting my irons great today though, and that was the only thing that saved me from a truly terrible round. Started strong on the first 7 holes with 3 pars and a birdie on the 7th, and then I went +5 on 8 and 9 and it all went to hell hahaha. Definitely took some positives out though, and I know what to practice.

Did you guys play Padden?

I played a pretty challenging course today. Par 70, about 6,700 yards. On top of that, the pins were set up in red ally difficult places for a tournament that was played in the morning.

Ended up shooting 77 (+7), and I feel pretty fortunate that I scored that well. I certainly hit some poor shots, but a lot of extra strokes were caused by pins just being in incredibly difficult spots. All in all, I was pretty happy with the effort.

I did slump back into hooking the ball with my driver for a little bit. I realized the problem and was able to sort it out a little bit. But, it was a reminder that I still have some work to do.

Putting was challenging, but the greens really were the biggest culprit. I was putting defensively most of the round. The greens were fast and a little bumpy. Anything above the hole was just nudged there.

In a rare turn of events, I get to play on back to back days. So, I'll see if I can keep the momentum going tomorrow.

Did you guys play Padden?

Yessir. I picked the wrong course to not drive accurately or putt well on...hahaha. So damn tight, and some of those greens are just crazy.

Yessir. I picked the wrong course to not drive accurately or putt well...on hahaha. So damn tight, and some of those greens are just crazy.

I wouldnt sweat it then dude. I don't know how that course doesn't have a 75/150 rating with that dense forest lining EVERY hole. On most normal courses you probably would have been fine.

Shot a 93 on the home course. Continuing to hit the ball pretty well off the tee, and I'm feeling alright about my wedges and putter, though they haven't been getting the bulk of my practice time. My irons, they're another story entirely. Inconsistent contact and distance has been plaguing me for awhile. I feel like that's really the missing piece of the puzzle for shooting much lower.

I wouldnt sweat it then dude. I don't know how that course doesn't have a 75/150 rating with that dense forest lining EVERY hole. On most normal courses you probably would have been fine.

Haha you have a point there, but I didn't lose any balls somehow. I'll get it figured out somehow, I think I just need to make my practice as much like playing as possible because I'm fine on the range. Something's going wrong just on the course. :banghead:

Shot a 45/45 for a 90 ar Hansen Dam Golf Course. I used rented clubs from clubhub.com which really didnt help my game. The short stuff was working good. The R1 driver that i used wasnt working at all. Other then the not so familiar use of clubs, i had fun out there with a buddy of mine.

Shot 70 at a local (proper) links course, fantastic Autumn day and the course is in great condition. We wanted to play our home course but it's so boggy at the moment. I started badly but after 3 holes had shaken the dust from having not played for over 2 weeks. I ended up hitting a lot of great shots and had a fun day with a great friend.

I shot a frustrating 52/47 for a 99. Drove the ball well the front nine, couldn't get anything else together, Started hooking the ball off the tee on the back, but held things together a little better. I left a lot out there I'm not happy with. Still early in the season, but I feel I am capable of doing better than this.

Shot -1 today for 9 holes. I had 6 pars, 2 birds, and 1 bogey. I hit 7/9 GIR which was nice, but missed some short birdie putts. Irons were on fire today.

Well yesterday for our sat club day we played something a bit different for a bit of fun. We got put into pairs with a lower handicap player paired with I higher one, so I am on an 11 and my partner is on a 29, so our pairs handicap was a 13. We played 3 different formats for each six holes, 1-6 was Canadian foursomes, 7-12 was ambrose and 13-18 was foursomes. My partner and I played quite well together and he played some great shots. We also sunk a couple of birdie putts but did just miss about 3 others, any way we ended the round with a 78 gross and 65 net, which I thought would be competitive. He said to me after that was the first time he had played a game in the 70's, which I thought was cool for him to experience, even though it was a team effort.
Any way we ended up winning the day by 5 shots, as the next closest pair had a 70 net. It was a really fun concept and everyone seamed to enjoy it, something different for a change.

Well yesterday for our sat club day we played something a bit different for a bit of fun. We got put into pairs with a lower handicap player paired with I higher one, so I am on an 11 and my partner is on a 29, so our pairs handicap was a 13. We played 3 different formats for each six holes, 1-6 was Canadian foursomes, 7-12 was ambrose and 13-18 was foursomes. My partner and I played quite well together and he played some great shots. We also sunk a couple of birdie putts but did just miss about 3 others, any way we ended the round with a 78 gross and 65 net, which I thought would be competitive. He said to me after that was the first time he had played a game in the 70's, which I thought was cool for him to experience, even though it was a team effort.
Any way we ended up winning the day by 5 shots, as the next closest pair had a 70 net. It was a really fun concept and everyone seamed to enjoy it, something different for a change.

Sounds like a good day mate! Nicely done getting the win too by the way.

Team competition today, managed to win it on the 18th.
A good game in good company, no pair more than one up/down at any point and very to and fro.
No score but did make solid contribution and happy that the run of improved play has continued (3 matches won in 4 days).
Greenside chips particularly good today, knocked a few to gimme distance.

Now, just need to carry it to next week's medal and stop the hcap raises.....

Team competition today, managed to win it on the 18th.
A good game in good company, no pair more than one up/down at any point and very to and fro.
No score but did make solid contribution and happy that the run of improved play has continued (3 matches won in 4 days).
Greenside chips particularly good today, knocked a few to gimme distance.

Now, just need to carry it to next week's medal and stop the hcap raises.....

It's always fun when matches like that go all the way to the 18th hole. It keeps everyone focused for the entire round. Now, if you remember that in next week's medal and stay focused on each shot all the way around, you'll be fine. Good luck, bro.

Fastest round ever today. 18 holes in 1:50 ! Was single and riding a cart. I was not the very first one out, but the 2 groups ahead let me through to finish first. Was packed up and driving off the lot just 2 hours after the tee time.

39/41 80 with one penalty and one OOB. I think I did get caught up in the speed (too fast) and lost some focus playing solo--lesson learned!

Fastest round ever today. 18 holes in 1:50 ! Was single and riding a cart. I was not the very first one out, but the 2 groups ahead let me through to finish first. Was packed up and driving off the lot just 2 hours after the tee time.

39/41 80 with one penalty and one OOB. I think I did get caught up in the speed (too fast) and lost some focus playing solo--lesson learned!

Golly partner. Slow down a little and enjoy the round. LOL.

Golly partner. Slow down a little and enjoy the round. LOL.

Normally would--Mothers Day obligations had a fire under me :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back